BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

calm down, ffs....I was commenting all night that he looked 'ginger' on the ball and I think he probably was feeling the injury from last week a bit. 2 weeks ago we were praising him for getting stuck in against MU...the lad had a bad game...he's still a match winner and his set pieces and goal taking ability are very valuable....how many points has he earned us by himself this season? and before you answer, come up with another player who has earned us more...

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MGP is essential to us if we're going in with a non existent strike force of Kuqi/and or Dickov.

Due to his capacity to conjure up with a wonder goal out of nothng.

If Bellamy was ever fully fit his influence would be reduced.

If we had 2 top quality front men, hmmm...........

MGP is essential to us if we're going in with a non existent strike force of Kuqi/and or Dickov.

Due to his capacity to conjure up with a wonder goal out of nothng.

If Bellamy was ever fully fit his influence would be reduced.

If we had 2 top quality front men, hmmm...........

384451[/snapback]

If he could conjure up the odd cross now and again, the poor @#/?s up front might not be slated with the "non existent" tag.

And Rovers as a team would not be so reliant on the odd foray into the centre from a player who is failing to perform in the position he is picked to play in.

Peter - when he's been on the park - has set up almost every goal Rovers have scored. And his corners make MGP look like a trainee.

If Dean Ashton costs over 7 million quid, we'd best accept that our next headline-making striker is coming from Brockhall.

Meanwhile, we need to supply the unfortunate incumbents up front with as much ammunition as possible, and MGP has consistently failed to do that from the most crucial position.

I think Peter was good today and would not be suprised if he starts the next game, even if it is Arsenal. Clearly his crossing and ability to take on a defender surpass Ped's, although I doubt he will ever match the Norweigen's goal threat.

As Ped is supposed to be 'genuinely two footed' could we play him on the right and Peter on the left? The three right sided options of Emeton, Reid and Bentley all leave a little to be desired in that area...

ps. Anybody else find it strange that the worst of the five wide players, Emerton, will be on the most cash? Couldn't even make the bench today... irritating. Same goes for Amo and Matteo at the back.

pedersen was clearly injured lastnight, he gave his best but you could see he was tired and struggling with his recent injury.

the guy has been quality all season, he's only 2nd to lampard on goals scored from midfield.

we missed him so much against everton as when he is in the side we have a much better shape.

as for peter fairplay his cross for bellamys header was from the top drawer, it was on a plate and even i would of burried that biggrin.gif

he's certainly one for the future rover.gif

the guy has been quality all season, he's only 2nd to lampard on goals scored from midfield.

384496[/snapback]

Was going to mention this. If anyone is playing the fantasy.premierleague.com game MGP and Gerrad are only seperated by one point. Now wouldn't you expect Gerrad to be miles ahead of MGP? Pedersen is vital to the team when Bellamy isn't playing and also we have never lost when Pedersen is playing. Last night he was clearly injured so lay off him. How many people will be singing his praises when he scores his next wonder goal. dry.gif

Pedersen is vital to the team when Bellamy isn't playing and also we have never lost when Pedersen is playing.

384701[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I think you mean we have never lost when Pedersen has scored.

He is certianly a fine player, of that there is no doubt, but he isn't really a winger. It would be brilliant if we were to have the choice between an out and out 'to the dead ball line and cross' winger in Peter and a more defensively sound yet goal scoring player in Ped. Horses for courses and all that.

I suppose I am repeating myself but giving Ped a go on the right with Peter on the left could be a good idea. Pedersen offers more, providing he adapts well, than Emerton, Reid or Bentley provided he shows the work rate he did against Man United. Plus with the use of both feet he can cut inside to shoot or go wide to cross.

It is a natural progression. I wouldn't be suprised if we try it soon.

If Peter shows himself to be the real deal then can we seriously start looking at moving MGP upfront?

384471[/snapback]

Deffo an option. I think he plays up top for Norway. He's pretty good in the air and has an excellent touch, as well as being a great finisher. Didn't see the game last night, but when Peter played against QPR he looked pretty good, he also did reasonably well against the toon. So it may well be an option for Hughesy to give MGP a go up front whils playing Sergio one the wing.

Or indeed moving him on for a tidy profit.

384473[/snapback]

Bit of a silly Idea methinks.

I hate how people forget what a player has done for us after one match where his replacement sends in a good cross.

Peter is young, inexperienced and he will be inconsistent. There is no way he can replace what MGP brings to the team TODAY.

MGP scores goals and even if he sleeps for the other 89 minutes, scoring goals wins matches and he has won us so many of them and the fact that he does so from midfield gives us a threat that not many other teams possess, a midfielder that can reach double figures, now if our two strikers do the same, then we would be a genuinely top 6 team at the very least.

Neither am I, I meant those specific Norweigen's were both lovely and equipped with a bizarre humor.

And weren't you generalizing when youe said "we're nice people, usually"?  wink.gif

384705[/snapback]

Well spotted, I did think the same thing when I wrote it, but figured no one else would see it.. wink.gif

I think it's time for a MGP goal again soon, we could surely use it against Arsenal.

I hate how people forget what a player has done for us after one match where his replacement sends in a good cross.

Peter is young, inexperienced and he will be inconsistent. There is no way he can replace what MGP brings to the team TODAY.

MGP scores goals and even if he sleeps for the other 89 minutes, scoring goals wins matches and he has won us so many of them and the fact that he does so from midfield gives us a threat that not many other teams possess, a midfielder that can reach double figures, now if our two strikers do the same, then we would be a genuinely top 6 team at the very least.

384806[/snapback]

Then try to blood Peter with more games, give him more experience by playing Ped on the right instead of Bert. If Peter excells on the left and Ped adapts to playing on the right then all well and good, as you wouldn't be missing Ped's potential contributions to the team.

384806[/snapback]

Yeah, kinda like everyone slating Tugay after the League Cup game against Man U? "Too slow..." "Too old..." "Doesn't get stuck-in.." Suddenly, after the Sunderland game he's a genius again. Everyone has bad games, or bad runs of form. People just need to relax and not overreact.

Archived