BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Hughes must take some of the blame for MGP's continual average/poor form. Hughes has shown no interest in dropping Gamst when he is playing badly - when was the last time he was subbed in a game?

Now, the roared response to the above is - we don't have anyone to replace him because Sergio Peter isn't good enough/ready. However, Peter has shown that he has potential in previous games and unless Hughes gives him a chance to develop his confidence by getting first team action, he won't realise that potential, at Rovers.

I think Hughes deserves nothing but credit where MGP is concerned, as he has turned him from being weak and useless when he (MH) arrived, into a very valuable member of our team.

As for Sergio Peter, I think we will trust Hughes' judgement on that one.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hughes must take some of the blame for MGP's continual average/poor form. Hughes has shown no interest in dropping Gamst when he is playing badly - when was the last time he was subbed in a game?

Well out of order that rover6. Not only are you d1ssing MGP but now it's Mark Hughes too who is a target for your stupidity and obvious lack of football knowledge! Does your seat actually face the pitch?

1. I cannot remember a better manager at this club and that includes KMD.

and

2. MGP has NOT been playing badly by any stretch of the imagination. His form may have dipped slightly since the end of last season but he is still well worth his place and would prob be selected in 80% of Premiership teams. You do not know how lucky you are to see players of his quality at Ewood Park thats for sure. Any other club from a town like ours and you'd be watching players that have never been within a million miles of an international squad playing football in the 2nd / 3rd Div in a decrepit stadium and managed by some modern version of Jim Iley.

Could really do with Pedersen coming into some form. He still is working hard but we do need more from him, from an attacking point of view.

I read last weeks interview with MGP saying how good the team is and how well we are playing at the moment. I hope he doesn't include himself in that, as he's been nothing short of woeful.

basing a 5m offer on his lawt 4 performances I would snap a bid of such figures off right now.

Abstractly true I suppose, but the bottom line is we would struggle to sign anyone of quality for that money. The fact that he has been substituted twice in the last two games suggests he might be on the sidelines for a while, but I doubt we are selling.

Could give Warnock a shot on the wing but you have to worry about unsettlling a back line already missing Nelsen.

Booing Pedersen is not the answer. You can't question is workrate or effort. Things just don't seem to be coming off for him at the moment. He had a similiar spell last season but he managed to turn it around hopefully he can do the same this year.

Pedersen has never been the sort of player who will dribble past an entire defence. When you take his spectular goals and set-pieces out of the equation he does indeed look, like he as for most of this season, ordinary.

Weird how he had a similar patch of dire form this time last season, however, Hughes did the same in that he kept playing him.

He is working hard, but things are not happening for him and his quality of play has been really poor. I think his problems lay in his head and he does not seem focused when playing.

Lets hope he gets his form back soon!

Nothing he does seems to do comes off at the minute. I'm not sure if its lack of confidence or complacency. I really like him as a player and I appreciate he works hard, but I have come to expect more from him and regularly am frustrated with his play. I hope its a minor setback and am sure that Hughes has faith in him.

Booing him is NOT the answer. In fact its a disgrace to be booing any of our players, simply because they've had a bad week.

Archived