BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

:rover: we have beat a grand total off 8 teams this season in the premiership,not beat a bottom 3 side we are on a loser.

my team

brad

emerton

zurab if fit

samba

warnock

bentley

dunn

toogs

peter

derbyshire

roberts

:brfc:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team:

Friedel - Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock - Bentley, Mokoena, Tugay, Gamst - Roberts, Derbyshire

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Dunn, Benni, Nonda/Gallagher

Don't mind if Dunny is starting cos he was my man of the match on sunday, but he might be tired after 105 minutes and Tugay is fresh after just doing a few laps of honour for the Rovers fans.

Benni on the other hand should be dropped to the bench, not been very happy with him lately.

EDIT: my score prediction

Rovers 4 - 0 Watford

Roberts 8

Derbyshire 19, 63, 78

Att: 19,565

I thought that it may have been mentioned how it could be argued that Alhassan Bangura effectively had a massive contribution to the demise of our season?

His tackle (no it wasn't a tackle it was assault!), that cannot be described as a foul because idiot Gallagher missed it, on Robbie was in my opinion premeditated as he deliberately went over the ball. A nasty career threatening challenge. Yes I know Robbie puts himself around and does go in hard, but I cannot recall any incident throughout his playing career where he has seriously injured another player.

May anyone wish to speculate the impact Robbie would have had on Sunday's match, or in the Leverkusen matches?

If this guy plays on Wednesday I for one will tell him what I think of him. Hopefully he'll be a sub, in which case I will definitely get the chance as he warms up in front of me in JW lower darwen end.

Big Game, if we win we could still have a chance of european qualification and if not that then we could do with the money, i just saw it on Sky Sports, the current position we're on now we'll be getting £3.8 million but if we beat Watford tommorrow then it could rise to £5.3 million. So its still all to play for!

I personally don't think Watford will be up for this at all. Everyone connected with the club, the players, manager and fans, know they are relegated. Simple as. I don't think they're going to come fighting for their lives as Charlton will be doing. Sure they've played well at home recently but thats with their own fans spurring them on.

Providing Sunday hasn't left us completely gone both physically and mentally we'll win on Wednesday, of that I'm pretty confident. However I would make some changes to the side to freshen them up.

Don't think they will see it quite like that - this is their game in hand on the rest at the bottom. Beat Rovers and they are 6 pts behind third from bottom Charlton with 4 games ( and 12 pts) to play. Take it from me we'll have to really play to get anything from this game, a repeat of the Villa performance will mean a repeat of the Villa result !

Never mind Europe, down to 13th, potential place money is slipping through our fingers like water.

Barring something fairly extreme either way it's looking likely we'll finish between 10th and 14th.

That's still a potential difference of 2m though. it's vital we put in a strong finish or it could be 4m less place money than last season.

Good preview from Pleasure proving he has got some inside access....

Here's hoping for no after the Lord Mayor's Show. If we funk tonight, the end of season will be flatter than revidge blue's post.

A win and we're up and running again for European qualification.

An open free wheeling goal scoring thrashing of the Hornets would be great but I'd take a dodgy 95th minute penalty from Benni off the keeper, post and in for a 1-0 victory.

It's alright putting in a good performance for 45mins against one of the big teams, but we need to have the same attitude we had against Chelsea against the lesser teams - which I think explains our poor form against this year's (and last years) bottom few teams.

Never mind Europe, down to 13th, potential place money is slipping through our fingers like water.

Barring something fairly extreme either way it's looking likely we'll finish between 10th and 14th.

That's still a potential difference of 2m though. it's vital we put in a strong finish or it could be 4m less place money than last season.

:rover: surely our run in europe and the cup will cover the defeciet,i say play the fringe players,let us have some lads on the pitch who care about us,and not going through the motions,and ducking every challenge so there dream move is scuppered. :brfc:

i'd give run outs to a few fringe players and rest those that are in need.

BROWN

- BERNER- TODD- SAMBA -ZURAB-

-PETER- AXE - TUGAY - BENTLEY-

ROBERTS DERBYSHIRE

it wont resemble MH's team, but that team will be good enough to beat watford.

i went to the game at their place and they werent that great.

derbs and nonda missed sitters and we failed to deal with a couple of high, long balls and got punished.

ROVERS 4-0, DERBYSHIRE 1ST GOAL (100-1).

Much as I like Sergio (and the other squad/reserve players) and want to see him (them) succeed, we've still prize money to play for and an outside chance of qualifying for Europe by the back door at least - possibly directly.

So IMO we should continue to start with our best 11. Save the fringe players for the last 10 mins when we've (hopefully) a comfortable lead :)

Archived