BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he could have had 3 assists with 2 men better placed then go for glory, Bentley only ever crosses if he doesnt have a shooting opportunity.

Click Me

Bentley has crossed the ball 202 times prior to this match, almost double the nearest challanger, Mr MGP. I don't know how that compares to other league wingers?

lol i did USroverme. I wrote it pressed the wrong key then pressed post and had to wait for it to load up before i could edit, thought i got away with it to! ;)

edit: West Ham 1-1 Chelsea. Tevez cracker!

edit: West Ham 1-2 Chelsea. SWP good finish

Bentley's crossing accuracy is only 21.8% before this game though.

Was impressed to see Emo's tackling percentage... 91.8% from 61 tackles.

STAT ATTACK

6 Shots On Target 2

2 Shots Off Target 0

2 Fouls (Conceded) 6

1 Corners 1

0 Yellow Cards 0

0 Red Cards 0

It's a good game to watch, end to end stuff. Just wish i could be watching the rovers match rather than the audio commentary!

Looked like Cech could have saved Tevez's shot on the replay, got his hand to it then moved it away!

Bentley's crossing accuracy is only 21.8% before this game though.

Was impressed to see Emo's tackling percentage... 91.8% from 61 tackles.

Is that due to people not being in the box to finish his crosses though?

With emerton is that due to the fact that he only tackles when he knows he will get the ball. I'm very impressed with MGP's ratio though, as i wouldn't have said he was that good of a tackler.

I'm not sure, 21% or so sounds pretty good for crosses into the box, depending on how they define accuracy. If its a cross that results in an accurate shot, 20% is pretty good, if its just something that reaches another player somehwere beyond the middle of the pitch (not always in teh box), then I agree 20% is poor.

It would be good to know what the %age value relates to.

Crossing Player Crosses Cross %

1 David Bentley 202 21.8%

2 Morten Pedersen 121 15.7%

3 Brett Emerton 80 28.7%

4 Lucas Neill 42 26.2%

5 Robbie Savage 39 15.4%

HT: 3-1... keep it going guys.

Just seen this on the bbc website. The cheek! :angry:

2044: Just a quick word as half-time approaches about the crowd - or distinct lack thereof - at Ewood Park. Wednesday night down the local supermarket must be a nightmare I reckon.

4 goals in the first half. Sounds like an interesting game.

Well your getting your moneys worth thats for sure!

Makes a change to see us beating a team bottom of the league.

Interesting to note that Watford made us change ends, maybe we should play towards the blackburn end in the first half every week!

Watford go more attacking, bringing on King & Kabba. 4 strikers on the pitch now.

I think its getting close to Tugay time with the increasing room available to play in. Would be good to see derbs given a run out but i don't know who we'd take off.

Ooo Brad makes his first save of the match from Kabba.

edit: 3-1 chelsea Kalou tap in

Archived