BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurray! Tugay on, shame Dunn makes way though. Would have been nice to see him get a goal today.

MC: try this BBC Radio Lancs

Benni off for Derbs, 5mins 3 subs.

thankyou modes. Very kind. Unfortunately im accessing the web through my phone which doesnt support links to video or audio clips. I do have rovers texts, teletext and you guys to keep me up to date :D

Rovers move up to 10th in the table. A disappointing second half after the first half rampage that followed on from our great performance in manchester on sunday.

Hughes has to be happy, i just hope this continues on to Craven Cottage and we can get a push on to catch reading as the season draws to a close.

MOM for me was Bentley, where would we be without him. Note again for Jase who is now in fine goal scoring form and i hope people start to lay off the guy. A mixed performance from Benedict, but you can't complain about his 20 goal tally.

Full Time Stats

10 Shots On Target 4

8 Shots Off Target 0

8 Fouls (Conceded) 14

5 Corners 4

0 Yellow Cards 0

0 Red Cards 0

Hughes' comments via Rovers Text..."I thought we were excellent tonight especially in the first half. I think the performance tonight has shown that we got Sunday's defeat out of our system".

We are tenth right now 5 points behind Reading and 6 behind Spurs and Pompey, with a game in hand on the former.

Attendance just over 16k. Not a bad idea to slow down in the second half considering these were the same players that played 120 minutes on Sunday and have another game coming up on Saturday.

A good solid professional performance from the lads!.....Samba and Roberts impressed tonight. :tu:

16,035........WTF! :(

Our lowest attendance in the Prem for god knows how many years.I can only reiterate that hopefully good season ticket sales and plenty of walk-on's next season will see an end to these ever decreasing and pitiful attendances like tonights.

Guest fernhurstblue
A good solid professional performance from the lads!.....Samba and Roberts impressed tonight. :tu:

16,035........WTF! :(

Our lowest attendance in the Prem for god knows how many years.I can only reiterate that hopefully good season ticket sales and plenty of walk-on's next season will see an end to these ever decreasing and pitiful attendances like tonights.

i was a bit surprised by the gate ..... not sure why it was so low, end of season apathy i think?

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd:

"We're still in there but the games are running out but we will fight to the bitter end.

"We did well to get back into the game at 1-1 but after doing the hard work we switched off and were punished."

Hmm...

Why does anyone have to whinge about the crowd?

Does anyone really think we were gonna pull 22k plus at home for this one?

After having to fork out an extortionate amount of money for our European and FA Cup adventures the most unattractive game at ewood park this season had to be the one to suffer, believe me this was always going to be it.

On the pitch Rovers ably dealt with everything Watford could literally throw at them, it wasnt pretty at times but the cup defeat is out of the system and the players were professional throughout.

Big plus for me is the form of Roberts. How can anyone suggest he cannot play with Benni ? He actually makes him play better although Benni still cannot grasp the offside rule.

Rovers were comfortably winners tonight in a game were there was quite a lot of possession for them. They didnt have to over exert and if we see Watford back up again in the next 3 years I will be amazed.

Now for Fulham in the second cockney game out of 3 on the bounce.

From the very brief BBC highlights, Roberts looked excellent, as did Bentley. I think Bentley is fast becoming one of the best wingers in the Premiership. Obviously not in the same class as the likes of Ronaldo etc, but I can see him playing for one of the top clubs very soon. I don't know whether to be be happy or sad at that... I love the way he can wrap his foot around the ball and seemingly cross from any position and any angle. To think, when we first signed him, I wasn't excited at all!

How poor poor poor was David Dunn tonight against next seasons championship level team?

David Dunn 4 or 5 out of ten for tonights performance = unacceptable if Rovers are to progress!

Not sure what game you were watching tonight. He was tidy on the ball and put in his shift defensively - all in all a good performance.

Not sure what game you were watching tonight. He was tidy on the ball and put in his shift defensively - all in all a good performance.

Tell me your having a laugh, or your Dunny in disguise 'tidy on the ball' you'd fully expect every premiership player to be tidy on the ball even Watfords players were tidy on the ball. Dunny didnt play any meaningful passes forward he didnt run at the opposition like Pedersen and especially Bentley did tonight. When it came to defending or taking the ball off the opposition he just shadowed and allowed the opposition to do what ever they wanted, luckily they werent the best to punish Rovers.

There was no drive from the centre of midfield tonight, we all know what type of player the axe is, and he did it to the best of his ability but poor old Dunny couldnt instruct his weary legs to drive forward thankfully he was replaced along with Benni then and only then did things begin to improve.

Decent performance - Samba, Bentley and Roberts were very good. Strong side developing here.

I thought Derbs and Roberts would start but Hughes made the right choice. Benni scored an excellent goal. Five games to go but newcastle and spurs away are difficult matches.... Could just sneak 7th but its going to be tricky.

Archived