BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If You Will Not Be At Old Trafford On Sunday

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Ticket prices too expensive" from someone going on a holiday to Hawaii

Before anyone says anything knowing that I've been to Hawaii and work in the same building as Udders, the person he's referring to isn't me!

:)

Spoken like a true communist.

They should be able to charge what they think people will pay.

Spoken like a true capitalist.

Eddie's idea is actually a very good one. Of course, in practise it probably never work. A bit like communism really.

However, charging 'what they think people will people' basically reads 'extract the maximum amount they possibly can'.

Im away on something that got booked last year. I might be back in time to watch it on the box, but not to get up there in time for the game.

Also I havent been to cup game that we've won since the Worthy Cup final

######, you were at Brum when we lost 4-0.

I'm not going cos it's a long way away, I can't afford it and I just can't be bothered.

By that logic you'd only have 23,000 at the cup final!

Semi final tickets could potentially be allocated on...

ST holders with semi final

St holders without

Non ST holders with semi final.

Our allocation should we win on Sunday wont be much more than 23000 anyway.

Spoken like a true capitalist.

Eddie's idea is actually a very good one. Of course, in practise it probably never work. A bit like communism really.

However, charging 'what they think people will people' basically reads 'extract the maximum amount they possibly can'.

And your problem with this is? It is a business after all.

That is true, but it isn't like every other business; and I said, if you want it to be run in that way then they have obviously over-priced the tickets given that with only 24 and 48 hours until each of the semi-finals only one team has sold out and it seems as if the other three will fall several thousand short. All four teams are Premiership clubs who should really have the fan base to sell 30-35,000 tickets for an FA Cup semi-final if the tickets are priced correctly.

All four teams are Premiership clubs who should really have the fan base to sell 30-35,000 tickets for an FA Cup semi-final if the tickets are priced correctly.

We wouldnt sell 35000 tickets at £25 per head.

We dont sell out 2500 at Ewood for £15 a head!

As we've sold 23,000 at mainly 45-55 I would like to think that we would have got up to 30,000 and maybe a bit more had the tickets all been 25-35.

Incorrect.

And you can "like to think" anything you like, but the evidence clearly points elsewhere.

And your problem with this is? It is a business after all.

It is possible for a business to be profitable without ripping off the very people that make it exist in the first place.

Everything isn't (or at least shouldn't) be about profit. You're actually justifying the FA/clubs charging extortionate prices simply because they can? You actually believe these 'businesses' should exploit the loyalty of fans?

Actually I shouldn't be surprised, I guess it's just the 'franchise sport' mentality of America.

I don't attend many games, something which I am disappointed about but not ashamed of. I am a student who has no way of getting to Ewood as I don't drive and anyway have little way of affording transport or tickets. My net monthly income after rent is £ 280. Just getting to one home game eats up a fifth of what I have to spend feeding myself and paying for bills.

Next year once I have a job I anticipate attending every away game in the South East and several at Ewood Park if I can get together a few fellow Rovers in London who want to travel up so its not a lonely pilgrimage. If it is logistically and financially possible for me to buy a season ticket I will as they are so incredibly cheap! The board has busted a gut on that front.

If people want to make judgements about whether thats acceptable or not then thats their perogative but I don't see what it achieves. You might make a few people feel guilty enough to buy tickets but also you make those who are intending to go to games in the future feel less welcome.

I fully recognise I don't have as much of a claim to the club as those who financially support it to a larger degree than I do, and I appreciate what people on low wages who go to great lengths do. But harping on about it does more damage to the untity of the support, a vital part of what being a football fan is, than good.

I will watch tomorrows game full of hope we will win, and very sad that I am not there, but what in gods name is the point of pointing fingers? We are in a poor position in terms of support at the moment and trying to drive fans away seems a bit daft.

GET A JOB TAXDODGER :rolleyes:

This is the biggest Rovers game I will have been to to date. Nothing could keep me from this. Even if the ticket were £100, my overdraft even more maxed (if that is possible), the journey more than six hours and my night's sleep less than about 6 hours.

In the 90's I was too young to go to games living down in London, and in 2001 I wasn't so into my football. Now that I am, these games hardly ever come around. We failed in the Legaue Cup semis last season, if we make it to the final this year it will be an absolutely amazing experience.

There's no way in hell I'll be missing this! Bring on Chelsea!

I would love to go but at the moment I just can't afford it. When we make the final my mum has promised to pay the airfare for my birthday pressie so I just have Brad's flight ticket and our hotel to pay for :tu: . Should be able to manage that.

I'll be there and there are 3 others in the car with me (and I'm meeting another mate at the ground)

Not bad since we come from :

London

Marlowe

Oxford

Melbourne (via Banbury)

The US somewhere! (via Luxemburg)

Here's another question. If we did reach the final, at what point would you decide that ticket prices were too much and not bother paying it.

Difficult question for ST holders as we always get first option and can pick the cheapest. For the final I'd go to £100 screaming all the way to Wembley, I've a funny felling I'd go higher if I had to. Really they have us by the short and curlies. Diehards will pay, the less committed will draw a line at some point.

I'm not going because I'm a student who doesn't want to have the ###### taken out of him by dickheads who feel £55 a ticket for what is merely a semi final in MANCHESTER (What ever happened to Northern prices?). Combine this with travel expenses etc and the conclusion is I'd rather watch it on TV for free.

Must admit I also find it hard to get enthusiastic about paying all that money for a game in my heart of hearts I'm certain we'll lose.

If I win on the national though.....

I'll put my winnings in a high interest account.

QUOTE Jim Mk2......

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

I'm not going because I'm a student who doesn't want to have the ###### taken out of him by dickheads who feel £55 a ticket for what is merely a semi final in MANCHESTER (What ever happened to Northern prices?). Combine this with travel expenses etc and the conclusion is I'd rather watch it on TV for free.

Must admit I also find it hard to get enthusiastic about paying all that money for a game in my heart of hearts I'm certain we'll lose.

Spineless and souless or what? You two MUST be related! <_<:brfc:

Archived