BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If You Will Not Be At Old Trafford On Sunday

QUOTE Jim Mk2......

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

Spineless and souless or what? You two MUST be related! <_<:brfc:

When your banks account has one hell of a large figure in it ruined by a minus sign you might think more carefully about the games you attend, especially when your living in the worlds most expensive city (London btw).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My day Sunday begins with a 2:30 walk to the bus depot which gets me on a 3am bus to the airport. A 6:30 flight gets me to London for a car ride to Manchester. I leave Manchester on a bus to Birmingham at 9:30pm, a stop over in Birmingham for an hour until another bus ride to the airport gets me there at about 4. A 7:30 flight will get me back to Germany at 9:40, onto a 10am bus and back to work by noon.

I'm tired just thinking about it, but boy, will it be worth it!

That sounds like it comes from the four Yorkshiremen sketch :D "Thats nothing ... Im coming off a 36 hour shift down t'pit, walking 200 mile to the bus station; taking a 48 hour bus ride to catch the last 10 mins of the second half .."

That sounds like it comes from the four Yorkshiremen sketch :D "Thats nothing ... Im coming off a 36 hour shift down t'pit, walking 200 mile to the bus station; taking a 48 hour bus ride to catch the last 10 mins of the second half .."

Eh lad, thats nowt, after feeding me pigeons and ferret, Im getting up and getting there before it starts and Im paying to get there and to watch the game, all out of me own pocket. But if you told them media people that they wouldnt believe thee would they.

When your banks account has one hell of a large figure in it ruined by a minus sign you might think more carefully about the games you attend, especially when your living in the worlds most expensive city (London btw).

Not commenting on that shillito. My objection was this bit .....

Must admit I also find it hard to get enthusiastic about paying all that money for a game in my heart of hearts I'm certain we'll lose.

Proper spineless talk that. Have you forgotten the teams that we have beaten to get this far? Knocked out 3 Prem teams and a Championship one away for good measure. Rounds 3, 4 and 5 were all away ties and few would have envisaged us getting past Everton away never mind knocking Arsenal out.

Anyway if you are bothered about winning every game then why support BRFC at all? You say you put some of your student loan on the National....the biggest lottery horse race of all, so can we take it that you have also put a far more sensible bet on Chelsea to win?

I dont have a student loan...

I didn't put any money on the national, it was merely just a gag...

I don't care if it sounds spineless, Chelsea are better than us and I think they'll beat us, but rest assured during the game I'll be going at it blood sweat and tears willing a victory.

If the fact I'm logical enough to know that in the context of my life, education and future career splashing out a hell of alot of money on one game isn't going to help me, and infact hinder me, and if this results in me being a bad supporter then so be it.

12 years of being a season ticket holder, going to some obsure and ###### places via some nightmare journeys certainly keeps the guilt from setting on me too much.

Ps. I hope it takes you 3 hours to get out the car park.. :-)

Surely there wont be £100 tickets for a football match?

I've no idea but I'm cynical enough about the FA to think it's likley there will be £100 tickets at Wembley. It'll be interesting to see, whether we are there or not. I think £50-£80 could be the norm.

:rover: to every rovers fan who went yesterday,you were FANTASTICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,those who missed because they could'nt be arsed,you missed another roverite day :brfc:

Had a wry smile to myself when I read page 3 of the LET this morning. It showed pictures and had interviews with people who watched the game in the Royal Oak? on Livesey Branch Road. All the people interviewed professed to be "lifelong" Rovers fans.....speaks volumes for them i'm afraid.

Archived