BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are very lucky to have two players on the books who are true rovers heroes in Tugay and Freidal. And we could have two more in Derbyshire and Nelsen who both look likely to be here for the long haul.

Don't forget the much maligned Bert who is a loyal Rover too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about this guy........ source is the People.

ROVERS TRIAL NIELSEN

BLACKBURN boss Mark Hughes is flying in Danish keeper Gunnar Nielsen, 19, from BK Frem for a trial with a view to him becoming Brad Friedel's longterm successor at R overs.

• 7 months later...
I'll put my tin hat on now <_<

I remember starting a thread whilst Flitty was still with us about him deserving a testimonial and getting flamed about it (by many of the same people having a go at Bellamy and Neill for a lack of loyalty)

But surely, surely, at the end of his time with us Brad will deserve one - perhaps a charity one?

No need for a tin hat with this one my friend....he'll have his testimonial and richly deserved and attended it will be!

I'll say the same thing that I'd say about any player, they deserve it as long as they don't plan on taking any money from it. If the money goes to the club or a cause of their choice then I think it is a great way to say goodbye to a player.

Wow! What a man! I hope after the sad day he retires he goes on to become either:

- Minister of Education (then I can go back and teach, a profession I gave up cos of @#/? pay. 150 grand a week will do I suppose!)

- FA Chairman

- U.S President

I hope he's going publish that manual, it sounds fascinating and will show that not all footballers are brainless, incoherent, illiterate gobshites on silly money.

very good article that was and an insight into a genuine person. i met brad in the change room a few years back before the west ham game and indeed he is a genuine guy....no heirs or graces about him, very polite. speaking a testimonial, when did he sign for us and when would that testimonial be? what year!

Well he signed in the year 2000, so couple of years away yet.

Wow! What a man! I hope after the sad day he retires he goes on to become either:

- Minister of Education (then I can go back and teach, a profession I gave up cos of @#/? pay. 150 grand a week will do I suppose!)

- FA Chairman

- U.S President

I hope he's going publish that manual, it sounds fascinating and will show that not all footballers are brainless, incoherent, illiterate gobshites on silly money.

For me what it shows more than anything, and there are of course exceptions and people who will disagree with me, but the benefit of the American system for sports.

• 1 month later...
If he stays to the end of his contract, he'll get a testimonial then wont he?

He should do yes. 10 years!

My only worry is that he slows down in his reactions but keepers do keep going a lot longer than outfield players.

Archived