BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

I thought Friedel's comments on Sky Sports News were very disappointing.

The dig about lack of ambition is bad enough, but to cite that as his reason for preferring a move away is a poor do. He was happy enough with Rovers ambition when he upped his wages and signed a new deal just a matter of weeks ago.

I'd rather he was honest and said "Villa have doubled my wages and that's why I've moved here".

would have been good if he'd cited it as one of the reasons, but then you're opening up yourself to abuse from your new fans if you say you came for the money.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Brad must have been aware how much Rovers fans loved him, it's bad enough his going but it really was a bit of a kick in the teeth - especially as those three points at the end of the season would have put us above Villa.

Thought Robinson's press conference was much more diplomatic to his former club and it's common knowledge that he had problems there.

I'm pretty sure Brad did thank the fans and the club and that he had utter respect for both, though i only really saw bits of it.

Disappointing comments really from Brad on the club front and his belief that it was an easy decision to make because Villa are going places and he said we aren't.

I wasn't happy with Brad going but i feel these comments have let it sunk in because in a way i want us to prove him wrong. We have moved on and Robinson will get my full support.

I still think that Brad was upset about the Chowdry bid was being rejected and that swayed his decision to leave, some of his comments yesterday about the club being in limbo with regards to the take over and the fact that villa had sorted out there take over and where now building for the future just makes me feel that he was a bit upset

Friedel came out in public and essentially bad-mouthed the club. Had he beeen anyone else we all would have seen him as the bad guy. He simply hasn't acted properly, no two ways around it. I expected more from him.

So Brad is now the bad guy?

Well done Incey, mission accomplished.

How can you blame Ince for this? Brad wanted to leave because he wanted more money. Reportedly £50k a week. Ince had to find a replacement and found the best possible one in Paul Robinson. Where in that can you blame Ince?

but then you're opening up yourself to abuse from your new fans if you say you came for the money.

Chelsea manager Phil Scolari admitted it saying it was one of the reasons why he came to Chelsea. He didn't get that much abuse as far as i'm aware

Brad simply stated what we all know the club is up for sale and until the club finds a buyer and new funds we are set for mediocrity. Hence why Hughes left we couldn't match his ambition with clear hard funds particularly in the last transfer window. At 37 he has been given chance to go to an established club who will be fighting for europe and stand a good chance in the cup competitions.

He said he loved the club and lets face it we have come out of the deal pretty sweet with an international keeper who is 9 yrs younger for the cash we recvd from the sale of garner to forest.

Well done Brad legend ! I am sure the usa connection with lerner played a big part

So Brad is now the bad guy?

Well done Incey, mission accomplished.

So Brad says something less than complimentary about the club and that's all Ince's fault as well!

Take a bow T4E.

Doubt even Gordon or Jan would have come up with that one.

:o

Did you know it was Ince who started the Spanish flu in 1918? And he caused the stock market crash in 1987. And it is his fault we were so crap in the Champions League. And I'm blaming him for the fact I couldn't find a bottle opener last night. He killed my cat with cancer too. He's evil.

Did you know it was Ince who started the Spanish flu in 1918? And he caused the stock market crash in 1987. And it is his fault we were so crap in the Champions League. And I'm blaming him for the fact I couldn't find a bottle opener last night. He killed my cat with cancer too. He's evil.

Perhaps he should get Dean Saunders in as his assistant as well:

"The twin overlords of all evil."

So Brad says something less than complimentary about the club and that's all Ince's fault as well!

Take a bow T4E.

Toogs hasn't been the same since his missus hoodwinked him into getting a dog.

Take a bow T4E.

OK Mr Ostrich.

How can you blame Ince for this? Brad wanted to leave because he wanted more money. Reportedly £50k a week. Ince had to find a replacement and found the best possible one in Paul Robinson. Where in that can you blame Ince?

If you're willing to accept that as the truth at face value then good for you. I am not.

Can anybody say whether the SKY report is the same as the one I part heard on Radio Lancs -as the comments being posted here seem far removed from what I heard (then again I didn't here the full broadcast) :rock:

"Villa are paying me a lot more money to be on here which is brilliant, I'm excited to be here at Villa and start challenging for Europe and moving forward, its no secret Blackburn are going nowhere and are a negative club, I'd much rather be here, I've pretty much forgotten I ever played for Blackburn already.

Jesus wept I am gobsmaked...did he really say this or is someone taking the p1ss? :o

What the hell is the problem Brad, the fans thought the sun shone out your arse so why the bad comments,Rovers didn't deserve that??????!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived