BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Youtube.....blackburn Rovers Related Clips

I've spent most of today trying to work out how to do it actually. I recorded my VHS videos onto a DVD/RW via my DVD recorder.

I then created a quicktime movie from the DVD using handbrake.

I imported that into iMovie, split it into 3 parts, and saved each one as a seperate compressed movie. I also added the slidehow of pictures and the music that appears at the end of part 3 myself also using iMovie.

If you've not got a mac someone will have to recommend an alternative program to iMovie for windows. I'm sure there'll be a few alternatives.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I touched on earlier, I used to have a load of highlights taken from Granada's Kick Off program of Rovers in the late 80's but can no-longer find the tape.

However, if anyone has a significant number of highlights, goals etc.. from the pre-Dalglish era on VHS and would like them on Youtube let me know by PM. Preferably not full games. Otherwise these classics will be lost to the public domain for ever. I'm not promising anything, but if I do agree to do them I will return all videos back and also put the footage onto DVD for you.

Whilst I'm converting all of my video to DVD I thought I'd upload this critical piece of modern Rovers history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6t5Fo1Yl8

Cheers, Hasta, one of my best memories from the 14 years or so I've followed Rovers, I love it everytime I see it.

Saw the Jack Walker video in 3 pieces and loved it as well, what a great man he was!

It's a great effort by everyone sharing their tapes in this thread :)

I guess it was only a matter of time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6627135.stm

Yeah I guess their income for overseas rights, commercials and everything they make money on isn't enough for every employee of theirs to drive a Maserati while their wives get new breasts every time they've had an affair.....

If this greed continues (mind you, youtube is in many situations the only way for several overseas fans to see highlights and controversial episodes from matches not involving two of the so-called big four), i'll just switch over to watching all games by "illegal streams" (who already gives the consumer a better product than the commercial big club loving pop star idoling channels), and put the money I save directly into the club by check or something.

Long live yotube

Was always bound to go down the same route as Napster did. Nice while it lasted.

Hopefully, as with Napster, something else will come along to take it's place...until that gets closed down. And so on.

I love trawling through the clips on youtube; some of the fan stuff is great and can't be replicated really.

Would be great if we could get some footage from the wins against bumley. If I had more time I’d have a go myself but sadly I can't at the moment.

If I had more time I’d have a go myself but sadly I can't at the moment.

Drove right by my house, didn't have time to stop, vids against Burnley don't have time to load em, I think it's time you got your priorities staight here Gav. :lol:

Drove right by my house, didn't have time to stop, vids against Burnley don't have time to load em, I think it's time you got your priorities staight here Gav. :lol:

Shouldn't you be in bed? :lol:

Yeah I guess their income for overseas rights, commercials and everything they make money on isn't enough for every employee of theirs to drive a Maserati while their wives get new breasts every time they've had an affair.....

If this greed continues (mind you, youtube is in many situations the only way for several overseas fans to see highlights and controversial episodes from matches not involving two of the so-called big four), i'll just switch over to watching all games by "illegal streams" (who already gives the consumer a better product than the commercial big club loving pop star idoling channels), and put the money I save directly into the club by check or something.

Long live yotube

You could always financially support Rovers and get the same highlights by signing up for Rovers World. But hey, you'd rather get stuff for free illegally...

You could always financially support Rovers and get the same highlights by signing up for Rovers World. But hey, you'd rather get stuff for free illegally...

But hey I'd like to watch other things that I can't get on RW.

You know, things other than stuff involving Rovers...like, hey, our opponents.

So do you really believe that Rovers World shows everything (roversrelated) you can see on Youtube? Well that only shows that YOU are definately not a rovers world customer ;)

And what makes you think I haven't signed up for Rovers World? To be honest I think Rovers World is a rip off cause I have to use crappy software to watch it, Youtube I can watch everywhere I have a browser, but that's another topic.

Just please don't give me that "you'd rather get stuff for free illegally" attitude American who are you to judge me without knowing me and getting your facts straight?

What do you know about how much money I put into Rovers through subscriptions, all shirts of which many I never use, etc?

I don't care how much money you put in. The clips on YouTube make the footage less valuable to the Premier League and takes money away from Rovers. If it was a good thing would the Premier League be suing YouTube?

Again, there are plenty of legitimate ways to get footage. If I could read Norweigian, I'd look up for you where to find the weekly highlights as well.

I don't care how much money you put in. The clips on YouTube make the footage less valuable to the Premier League and takes money away from Rovers. If it was a good thing would the Premier League be suing YouTube?

Again, there are plenty of legitimate ways to get footage. If I could read Norweigian, I'd look up for you where to find the weekly highlights as well.

Could you send me a sub for subscription to pay tv?

Just seen the our goals against newcastle, second one is a great run by bentley and a super cross. Also good to see McCarthy fool the offside trap for once :)

And that Samba save on the line, that was amazing!

Archived