BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Youtube.....blackburn Rovers Related Clips

I don't care how much money you put in. The clips on YouTube make the footage less valuable to the Premier League and takes money away from Rovers. If it was a good thing would the Premier League be suing YouTube?

Again, there are plenty of legitimate ways to get footage. If I could read Norweigian, I'd look up for you where to find the weekly highlights as well.

With regards to recent highlights I do agree with you somewhat. I can't really see it affecting either attendances or viewing/subscription to sky but can see how it could be regarding as affecting their brands. I do though think there is far far greater impications to Sky and the Premier League through internet streams of games than putting yesterday goals up to view.

However stuff from quite a few years ago makes no difference to either the Premier League or Sky. For example is the seven second clip of the Jansen goal against spurs thats been linked to in 1999 really going to affect them? I think Youtube is great as a nostaligia tool.

Unfortunately,with regard to the legal implications ,I feel putting goals or highlight up may be viewed as black and white if it went to court. You can't really order the previous weekends goals to be removed it you're allowing goals from 1994 to be put up there.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care how much money you put in. The clips on YouTube make the footage less valuable to the Premier League and takes money away from Rovers. If it was a good thing would the Premier League be suing YouTube?

Again, there are plenty of legitimate ways to get footage. If I could read Norweigian, I'd look up for you where to find the weekly highlights as well.

What it takes from (to a virtually negligible effect) is the highlight packages for the Premier League. However, this money is distributed through every team in the league, not just Rovers, and these other teams are our rivals. So in essence it makes practically no difference, since the funding it takes from us is only equal to the funding it takes from them. And there's no sign of the bubble bursting anyway- since youtube, these highlight packages have only become more valuable.

In fact you could even make an argument that, by allowing people to engage in watching football outside of the live games and standard tv highlights, youtube is in fact boosting peoples' interest in the game, thereby making them more likely to watch the live games and standard highlights. I use youtube quite a lot- but I still watch every Rovers game that is televised unless I'm there myself, and still watch MOTD almost religiously.

I don't think you get the point at all. As a subscriber both to international and local services, there's still no way to watch old footage. As long as Rovers don't make dvd's or anything where I can rewatch stuff from the past, my only choice is youtube. How exactly does the league or rovers lose money from me watching it the only place it's availible, or make the footage less valuable?

It's not just a matter of weekly highlights, sure I can and I do watch those on norwegian TV, in better quality that youtube, so this is not the point.

However, if I want more than the five seconds rovers are given in between the manu and pool highlights, there's really no other options than youtube.

Also, weekly highlights do of course not show historic material.

There's no possible way for Rovers to lose a penny by me watching a recording of let's say Flowers heroic V.E. day in 95, I paid to watch the game at the time, and I paid for the season VHS tape, and I pay for Rovers World in case it's availible in their proprietary format you need malicious software to play.

Thing is, I want to watch it on my TV, and youtube is the only option I have, since VHS tapes is of no value (hello, it's 2007, wtf would i want a big vhs recorder for? Might as well shut down the internet and rely on telex!), and Rovers World won't let me watch their drm-infected clips on a non-windows/ie machine so it's really just a waste of money to subscribe to be honest, I might stop subscribing.

The reason why the PL is suing Youtube is greed, no less, as long as they don't give me any other option to "legally" watch what I want.

If they start a PL-tube or something, with all this socalled "copyrighted material" and actually make just a little effort of making it availible to me, I'd be the first to sign up and pay for the service.

I don't care how much money you put in. The clips on YouTube make the footage less valuable to the Premier League and takes money away from Rovers. If it was a good thing would the Premier League be suing Youtube?

Wel I would say Youtube is not too big a deal as it isn't live. It hurts the Prem a bit in terms of lowering the demand for roundup shows like Match of the Day, but ultimately the losses will be minor.

What must be scaring the begeebees out of them is the p2p streaming thing. Live football, on demand, pretty much any game you like ine Europe. The only problem at the mo is the quality of the picture which isn't even that bad from what I have seen. In the next couple of years you will see the picture improve to the point of crystal clarity as the software and average available bandwith improves. And by its very nature the p2p network is virtually unpoliceable, the only central areas which can be targeted are the sites that list the games which can be quickly shutdown and re-opened. THey can go after individual users but its like trying to bail out the titanic with a thimble as those music law suits showed.

I would say within 5 years that all forms of media- computer games, films, TV shows, sports broadcasts - will be available over the net instantly and with perfec t picture for free. And even if encoding is used it will be cracked or filtered in double quick time due to the sheer amount of computing power that home users have, and the sheer number of highly intelligent computer users who are willing to devote their efforts to doing it and propogating it. The only defence the Prem and other media companies have is a reliance on the public's morality to not infringe copyright. Call me a cynic but I don't really see that being very effective...

The prem is eventually going to have to find other sources for its revenue than exclusive TV rights. Its probably not a bad thing to deflate the cash madness of the league a bit, and it will mean that the masses will have access to the people's sport again. Its a little like the music thing a few years ago. Everybody was saying that the industry would go bust with the advent of Napster but it rolled with the times and while revenues have decreased more people than ever are listening to the latest music. The brighter bulbs in music are working out how to make it work.

Times change, markets change, everybody has to move with it. If you fight the tide- and this p2p/youtube thing is a blinking tidal wave - you will get crushed. At leas the prem has insured itself for the next five years with this new contract and while the financial hit they will take will be massive none of them are going to starve, and new revenue streams are there to be uncovered.

All that said and done I am not encouraging anyone to use illegal material. It is theft. My point is only that the Prem are facing an impossible situation that will force the way the game is broadcast forever.

quality video there, heard it might be on there today n lucky us it was! tremendously exciting season for rovers, so glad we're in europe, adds another dimension of entertainment to the season..................................SMALL TOWN IN EUROPE! WE'RE JUST A SMALL TOWN IN EUROPE!

Excellent video matched with a quality song cn174, this season has been one my most enjoyable seasons ever watching Rovers and we only finished tenth and your vid sums it all up nicely.

I want it now...bang ...goal!

I want it now....bang...goal!

I want it now..

Cant wait for next season.

Excellent video matched with a quality song cn174, this season has been one my most enjoyable seasons ever watching Rovers and we only finished tenth and your vid sums it all up nicely.

Well I can't take the credit for the video, someone I know made it just like the one last year. But I agree it is a very good video!

Copy and paste is a wonderful facility. :)

these are courtesy of Cletus from the songs section of the website where he put the lyrics as follows:

I wanna be a Blackburn Ranger (repeat)

Only live for sex & danger (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Go left right left (repeat)

Go left go right gonna pick up the stick, go left go right go left (repeat)

Brad Friedel he`s in goal (repeat)

He`s number 1 god bless his soul (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Emerton on the wing is @#/? (repeat)

At right full back he`s dynamite (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

New Zealand born with eyes of blue (repeat)

Ryan Nelson`s after you (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Some people say that he`s a knob (repeat)

You`ll never beat our super Rob (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

I`ll tell you now of two young kings (repeat)

Pederson, Bentley on the wings (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Six foot five Hughesy said (repeat)

Samba`s feet hang out the bed (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

We may be mad we may be barmy (repeat)

We`re uncle Jacks barmy army (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Now i`d like to end this song (repeat)

Cos the @#/? is too long (repeat)

Go left go left (repeat)

Blue army!!

Blue army!!

Blue army!!

There seems to be loads of threads with various Youtube Rovers bit & bats. Let`s put them into some sort of order, so others can share their Rovers links & experiences....

* apologies for my p1ssed-up mates saying the most cringeworthy things to the players...they were quite drunk tho ;)

Excellent vids mate!

Class!! I remember Nidge's original version from the year we won the league! Still as good though!!

Quality stuff

Going back to Nidge his original version was a bit further back than 95,he had us singing that on a coach going to Liverpool for an fa cup tie over 25 years ago from the Lion hotel,still as mad, and if your watching Nidge keep looking after our Irish friends from over the border,they are different class those boys......

I see that a lot of the Premier League highlights from this season have been removed from Youtube. Most of them giving the info "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FA Premier League"

I see that a lot of the Premier League highlights from this season have been removed from Youtube. Most of them giving the info "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FA Premier League"

Beat me to it Hasta!

Really gutted, i uploaded some golas for a couple of seasons ago and they have removed it, but what i'm really gutted about is the best one i have uploaded has been removed too - Matt Jansen vs Liverpool!!!

Why have they also removed the David Bentley goal vs Salzburg? It was in the UEFA Cup, or is it because we're a Premier League club?

Clearly, one of the most craziest Blackburn Supporters I have met in my time supporting the Blues. This incident took place after the game against Reading on Sunday 13th May 2007, to celebrate Rovers getting into the Intertoto Competition.

He's Markus from Norway and was certainly the entertainment for the weekend.

One of my videos from Old Trafford has been removed by Youtube for copywrite infringement. It` was a short vid of the Rovers fans behind the goal when the teams were coming out. Not a single football in sight & they`ve removed it!

A tad harsh i think! :blink:

Archived