BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham 1 Rovers 1

gbax

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing after the game but a point isn't that bad away from home.

Reading have made it 3-1, intertoto it is.

A top game but so frustrating, 7 offsides in the match for us and questions have to be asked there. Roberts and Dunn were amazing today. Also special mention to the Axe who did very well once again.

We had enough chances to win it. Roberts had two great one on one chances, but he was indecisive in the first and sluggish in the second.

2 lost points. BIG TIME.

Reading have just swapped a defeat for a win at the Breezlebock within the last 6 minutes. Now we have to hope that Spurs finish 7th and we dont finish behind Fulham, Boro or Newcastle.

Disappointing after the game but a point isn't that bad away from home.

Reading have made it 3-1, intertoto it is.

A top game but so frustrating, 7 offsides in the match for us and questions have to be asked there. Roberts and Dunn were amazing today. Also special mention to the Axe who did very well once again.

How come Roberts was amazing? He missed two one on ones, his first touch was dodgy to say the least, and all his shots were awful.

How come Roberts was amazing? He missed two one on ones, his first touch was dodgy to say the least, and all his shots were awful.

His strength and movement. I would have put benni in that bracket but he is constantly offside, which is so annoying.

Roberts in the past 3 games has been on the top form, accept that. Granted he will never hit the standards of bellamy or McCarthy but you shouldn't expect him to. On that point Jon Stead got his 8th of the season today.

BBC Match Report: Once again up to its world class standard.

Blackburn responded with a couple of long-range free-kicks from the impressive Morten Gamst Pedersen, the first sailed over from 30 yards but the second forced a fine save from Brad Friedel.
:wstu:

Just realized that Readings win pushes them up to a UEFA Cup place and Spurs to an Intertoto one. Double blow for us today.

The other problem with that scenario is that when we play Spurs we need to beat them to keep ahead of the chasing intertoto applied pack, and yet by winning we probably would open the door for Reading and Pompey.

Passport firmly in locked draw.

No europe for us this year, still how good have we done with the major injuries we have had, Sav Ooijer and reid will struggle for a place next year.

Roll on the summer and lets look forward to what could be a massive season next year.

Football is the source.

Never seen us miss as many chances away from home.

We hit the woodwork three times, Benni had one (correctly) chalked out for offside, Roberts missed two or three chances when it looked easier to score, Samba one, one of our own players deflected a goal bound effort away accidentally and we had countless other opportunities.

If it had been 8-1 or 8-2 to us Fulham couldn't have complained. :huh:

But the most frustrating thing is not just our failure to capitalise today. If we could only play to something approaching today's standard on a more regular basis, then UEFA Cup qualification would be a given and a serious tilt at 4th spot would be a realistic possibility.

It's too many Aston Villa type performances that have let us down this season not the likes of today's entertaining effort.

Sounded like we have enough chances to win about 10 games, but I would have loved a point once Montella scored. Will probably have to go for the Intertoto spot now, automatic qualification looks unlikely.

why such despair?

the intertoto places are for the clubs finishing in 9 10 and 11th spots if they want it.

Rovers have it hard pushed to feature in the top 7 places after such a great season. Now its all about a few extra coffers in the pot for next seasons transfer budget. Rovers have to aim for 9th position and an extra 1.5million for the income. Forget about intertoto football after all it starts in July. Our players need a break not an uninteresting tie against some far east european outfit !

why such despair?

the intertoto places are for the clubs finishing in 9 10 and 11th spots if they want it.

I thought the rule was that the place was awarded to the highest placed side who had applied for it.

Back to the game. Is it me or were there more than the usual number of decisions that went against us?

I feel quite sick at the thought of Everton, Bolton, Portsmouth playing in Europe next season :blink:

Its the same for us all but we have to be realistic, we have not been good enough nor anywhere near consistant enough this season.Todays result another big 'what if '......frustrating to say the least.

That said, you get the impression that we are just a couple of signings away from being a VERY good side.

Or 8th, the highest placed club who applied....

Forget about intertoto football after all it starts in July. Our players need a break not an uninteresting tie against some far east european outfit !

The same time as pre season friendlies start, the management of the club want it, who am I to argue with that....

Forget about intertoto football after all it starts in July. Our players need a break not an uninteresting tie against some far east european outfit !

What a load of rubbish.

Presumably you are also against the usual pre-season games then 1864? After all Newcastle only had four games to win a place in the Uefa Cup...do you really think that is too much if we mix those games in with the usual pre-season? Thank god the club has more ambitious plans than you.

Does this mean if we do get back into Europe you won't be waiting eagerly to see which countries the club plays in next?

Getting a place in the Uefa Cup, even through the Intertoto, would also be another factor in tempting Sparky not to leave.

"Our players need a break" - oh boo hoo...isn't the whole two months from May to July not enough for them?

Actually feeling worse than last Monday...not by the result but from an another all day session. Mind you, I am not surprised we are not rated by Londoners, as we never win a game down here.

As for the game, we are just not clinical enough. Roberts works so hard but just does not have enough quality.

Warnock was outstanding again.

We need a top striker to progress, and he needs to be a top one to improve on what we have got. People were saying to me we need a centre back to help Nelsen as they have no faith in Samba, but I would stick with him even though he looked nervous as hell yesterday.

Actually feeling worse than last Monday...not by the result but from an another all day session. Mind you, I am not surprised we are not rated by Londoners, as we never win a game down here.

As for the game, we are just not clinical enough. Roberts works so hard but just does not have enough quality.

Warnock was outstanding again.

We need a top striker to progress, and he needs to be a top one to improve on what we have got. People were saying to me we need a centre back to help Nelsen as they have no faith in Samba, but I would stick with him even though he looked nervous as hell yesterday.

What about a top central midfielder or two aswell john, didnt hear or see much of Dunny and the Axe during the radio and MOTD highights.

Quite a lot of people said Dunn was excellent, especially in the first half...

So why didnt he stop the Fulham goal from going over the line ?

We were one nil down first half and all the quality forward play was coming from the wide people and Ryan Nelsen of all people,

So Dunny was excellent again, it didnt come across like that on Radio Lancs.

Archived