BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cup Final Ticket Prices

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, more fool the people who pay it (especially over the odds) that don't even support the clubs, although we all know it will be as said -the one's with the money not bothered with football and not been to a game this season.

The only way to stop it is for the true Fans to boycott the game but it probably wouldn't happen .

I was on about this the other day before the Watford game saying the S/F's will not sell out with prices like that - unless its London Teams or those bereft of anything for many a year ie Newcastle v London team etc - as people would probably run the risk of getting through and get a ticket for the Final.

If we had got through - if I didn't get one of the £35 tickets It would have been reluctantly paying the £60 but no other.

Ken Bates has been demanding a break down of ticketting allocations this morning. He was involved in the development of the new Wembley, which was originally planned as an 80000 seater stadium. He was involved in the push to make it into a 90000 seater and always believed the new Wembley was being developed in order that the real fans got the benefit of more tickets.

Good on yer Ken. Good luck, but I doubt you'll get an honest response from the elitist shambles that is the FA.

Someone on Talksport the other day rang in and said he had been involved in the building of the new Wembley.

He said there are 15000 corporate seats in 10 year boxes etc etc therefore the number of seats actually available for the general public is 75000.

That was presumably the thinking behind the allocations 25000 each to the clubs and the FA etc.

The fact that over 50% of each clubs allocation is 80 quid or over is absolutely scandalous but totally unsurprising given the pricing policy for the semis.

He said there are 15000 corporate seats in 10 year boxes etc etc therefore the number of seats actually available for the general public is 75000.

This is indeed correct Rev (not sure on the no of seats but the 10 year tenure is deffo and certainly took up a chunk)

Sure I posted on here a bit back somehwere that our directors at work had been approached even before it was finished (they have a box a UTD) but the price was scandalous - wish I had kept the mail they returned back to them now basically telling them to do one- it was hilarious.

Ken Bates has been demanding a break down of ticketting allocations this morning. He was involved in the development of the new Wembley, which was originally planned as an 80000 seater stadium. He was involved in the push to make it into a 90000 seater and always believed the new Wembley was being developed in order that the real fans got the benefit of more tickets.

Good on yer Ken. Good luck, but I doubt you'll get an honest response from the elitist shambles that is the FA.

Whilst I don't disagree with your assessment of the FA, Ken Bates deserves no praise whatsoever.

The lack of proper practice around the original award of contracts on Wembley is supposedly largely down to him - and that of course led to the time and cost overruns and subsequent legal mess.

As for Ken Bates, tickets and real fans - just ask Leeds fans who are being asked to pay £26-£36-£46 to watch a Championship relegation battle at Elland Road.

He's a self publicising sham.

• 4 weeks later...

To clarify the above post from Ciren-

FA CUP FINAL PRICES

Burger meal: £8

Hot dog: £3.90

Pint of lager: £4.50

Pie: £4.50

Bottle of water: £1.80

Official match programme: £10

So, a pie, pint and a programme wil set you back £19.00 EACH. So if half of the crowd make this purchase, thats £855,000 in revenue.

Who dreams these prices up? I'm almost glad we had a glorious failure in the semis, as to be associated with this level of gluttony is heartbreaking.

For the record, I think it will be a Chelsea win in an exciting goal packed thrill a minute final. 3-2 to the Rent Boys!

I've got two tickets for tomorrow. Sat in the Utd end. I started to feel guilty that I was taking the place of genuine fans. Then I realised it was Utd and Chelsea so stuff 'em.

The fact is that this is an international sproting occasion. It is absolutely right that football fans from outside the finalists are there, this is the greatest club competition in the world it's not just about the two clubs at the end, I followed Rovers from the 3rd round and I've got an interest in the final (seeing Chelea lose hopefully).

The prices for food and beer are ridiculous, but that just means I'll be doing my drinking outside the stadium. As for the ticket prices if the ones on ebay are anything to go by then the Fa could have sold them for 5 times what they have and we would all have been there like a shot to watch it.

No wonder the FA wanted their 'Dream Final', they know they'll be about to fleece a load of money from the supporters. Moreso from having Chelsea and Utd fans there than lil old us and Watford.

I haven't missed watching a Cup Final on telly since 1978. Since the United v Palace game in 1990, there hasn't been a decent one until last year.

Invariably when two big clubs are drawn in the final the match is so cagey - think United v Liverpool in 96, United v Arsenal 2005 and now this.

At least Rovers and/or Watford might have made a bit of a game of it.

Archived