BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Maydayfornurses.com

I wonder if any of the well off doctors will donate to the footballers in the lower league ...... <_<

what's that got to do with anything you daft sceptic? doc's earn nothing like the money prem football players do. a completely irrational argument.

why you knockin a good cause?? :blink:

Load of crap! Nurses pay is hardly minimum wage is it? If they dont like their situation let em swop with a check-out girl at tesco's, a veterinary nurse, a secretary, or anybody else for that matter. This is one big stupid initiative. In fact it's bloody embarrassing for the majority of nurses if the truth is known.

what's that got to do with anything you daft sceptic? doc's earn nothing like the money prem football players do. a completely irrational argument.

why you knockin a good cause?? :blink:

Because it's not a good cause . It's a patronising , embarrassing attempt at self publicity from whoever dreamt up the scheme .

There are worse off people in this country than young , healthy nurses .........jim mk 2's psychiatrist for example :blink::unsure:

Because it's not a good cause . It's a patronising , embarrassing attempt at self publicity from whoever dreamt up the scheme .

There are worse off people in this country than young , healthy nurses .........jim mk 2's psychiatrist for example :blink::unsure:

Not forgetting the offspring of racist dads, eh Enoch ? :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

What a joke!

We, as a nation, pay nurses a low wage & then some bright spark decides to target just one of the nation's most over-paid people to make some meaningless gesture to donate 0.0000123% (made up) of their wages towards some kind of "poverty fund."

No doubt Lenny Henry will spend 24 hours in a bath full of baked beans to raise £500 to buy a wheelchair & send some kid on a holiday to Taunton. No doubt Lenny's accountants are, as we speak, working out tax avoidance schemes for him.

Just pile the tax on the rich @#/?s who have more money than they know what to do with and use it to properly fund nurses wages.

If you want a decent NHS then pay for it. Rattling a tin at over-paid footballers is not the way forward. It's just crass.

What a joke!

Just pile the tax on the rich @#/?s who have more money than they know what to do with and use it to properly fund nurses wages.

If you want a decent NHS then pay for it. Rattling a tin at over-paid footballers is not the way forward. It's just crass.

You seem somewhat confused Colin. You state that a decent NHS must be paid for yet you personally appear unwilling to tip up anything toward it. Surely you cannot be happy for you and your family to be subsidised through life by somebody else can you? It's neither a fair nor honest way to live is it?

of course there a worse of people than nurses, but few make bigger contributions to society for a relatively low wage. and if it's an attempt at self publicity can you tell me who dreampt it up??

and colin, what a bizarre stance??? :blink:

you argue "Just pile the tax on the rich @#/?s who have more money than they know what to do with and use it to properly fund nurses wages" - well if government won't do it what's wrong with "the rich @#/?s" chipping in of their own accord?

sorry to moan, I work in the charity sector and i can't understand attitudes like that, just knockin good causes. it really pisses me off :angry:

of course there a worse of people than nurses, but few make bigger contributions to society for a relatively low wage. and if it's an attempt at self publicity can you tell me who dreampt it up??

and colin, what a bizarre stance??? :blink:

you argue "Just pile the tax on the rich @#/?s who have more money than they know what to do with and use it to properly fund nurses wages" - well if government won't do it what's wrong with "the rich @#/?s" chipping in of their own accord?

sorry to moan, I work in the charity sector and i can't understand attitudes like that, just knockin good causes. it really pisses me off :angry:

It shouldn't suprise anyone. If there was a World Cynicism Day it would get wholehearted approval on this MB !!

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the CH4 programme last night-was a bit lame really. She got about half of the Prem players on board in the end.

The general idea she had was to raise money for a "Hardship" fund for striking nurses (Thats how I read it anyway), and targetted raising £1.5 M. At the same time she reckons she was trying to illustrate to the Gov how poorly paid the Nurses are, but looked more like a publicity drive for her self TBH. Overdid the "Oh I'm just a silly girly" type thing too.

Highlights were seeing Burnley loose to Leicester at home whilst she sat with Alaistar Campbell (he was going nuts when some Dingle notched an OG to hand the points to the Foxes), and then a Turf Moor employee, who porported to be female but I swear looked like Matt Lucas in a dress.

And she didn't recognise Mark Hughes also. :wstu:

I watched the CH4 programme last night-was a bit lame really. She got about half of the Prem players on board in the end.

The general idea she had was to raise money for a "Hardship" fund for striking nurses (Thats how I read it anyway), and targetted raising £1.5 M. At the same time she reckons she was trying to illustrate to the Gov how poorly paid the Nurses are, but looked more like a publicity drive for her self TBH. Overdid the "Oh I'm just a silly girly" type thing too.

Highlights were seeing Burnley loose to Leicester at home whilst she sat with Alaistar Campbell (he was going nuts when some Dingle notched an OG to hand the points to the Foxes), and then a Turf Moor employee, who porported to be female but I swear looked like Matt Lucas in a dress.

And she didn't recognise Mark Hughes also. :wstu:

On the plus side though, it appears that there were only 4 clubs in the Prem whose entire playing staff signed up to the giving of 1 day's wages; Rovers were one of them. Also noticed that none of the "big clubs" had a full scale sign-up. The other 3 were "little clubs" like Rovers. Although, to their credit, Gary Neville and Reo Coker both took a very active part in helping the lass.

Surely nurses know what they are going to get paid BEFORE they take on the job?

If someone takes a job and then starts moaning that they aren't getting paid enough - then leave. At the end of the day we could sit all day talking about who deserves to get paid more for their roles in society - police, fire service, ambulance crews, military services etc etc.

When it all boils down to it, they are just people doing a job. We'd all like to get paid more, but some of us can't play the 'oh but we help people feel better' card. Of course you do - it's your job you muppets!

Just been 'awarded' my pension - 64 pounds per week. Cheers <_< . And I don't get senior citizens prices for Rovers tickets for another five years!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just been 'awarded' my pension - 64 pounds per week. Cheers <_< . And I don't get senior citizens prices for Rovers tickets for another five years!

Thats not much is it?

But is this relevent? Were you employed in nursing in some capacity?

Are there no part time nursing jobs going.....? :unsure:

Thats not much is it?

But is this relevent? Were you employed in nursing in some capacity?

I do apologise for going 'off topic'. It's certainly relevant to me though. And I've spent the last 20 years in a 'Caring' capacity.

I watched the programme on channel 4 and I have to say that it was an interesting way to raise money - wasn't entirely convinced about where it was going. I didn't think she did a very good job of selling it at all!

Highlights of the programme for me were: the 5 second clip of Ian Pearce sat listening to her, her asking Mark Hughes who he was, and the best bit was all the Rover's players sat in rows with Mark Hughes sat at the front - not watching her but all the players. It reminded me of what I do every time we have a visitor into school - not being able to trust the 5 and 6 year olds to behave so needing to watch them to ensure that they behave ready to pounce on any little bugger who dares to step out of line!

Archived