BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberts Or Derbyshire...

mark

Still dont rate Roberts, one goal does not cover a season of ineptness. His goal scoring record last season with wigan is not that impressive when you look at the stats closely 8 premiership goals ( 2 were penalties ) in 34 starts. I'd be very disapointed if hes starting games next season, he's ok as a 3rd/4th choice striker but not for a tream wanting to aim for the top 6.

It's hard to find a good partner for Benni though, it wouldn't just have to be a classy footballer, he would need good work rate and willingness to run a lot. I'd say Roberts has both, and I do think he is a good player - one of our best last night. Bellers would've been the perfect addition though.. :rolleyes:

They've both got pace and can both score goals but the only problem is that Matty hasn't got the physical strength that Roberst has. Roberts showed how good he is in that Semi - Final, he gave john Terry a hell of a game!

Roberts has more pace, and can hold the ball up better too... Derbs is up against Mccarthy imo for a place as if Roberts is on song he leads the line.

Archived