BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Away Shirt?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some ideas I had for the away kits, sorry about the bad quality, just done them at work quickly.

I would love to keep the red and black halves, but unfortunately, theres no way the will just update them each season, as some people would just keep the old ones.

roverskits08tj6.gif

Some ideas I had for the away kits, sorry about the bad quality, just done them at work quickly.

I would love to keep the red and black halves, but unfortunately, there's no way they will just update them each season, as some people would just keep the old ones.

This post boggles the mind.

Which kit do you think the club usually sells more of each season? Home or away?

If we applied your theory we wouldn't sell many of those home shirts now would we?

I don't have any sales numbers to back this up, and if The Groob is monitoring this thread he can correct me, but I feel safe in stating that this year's away kit shirt sales surely outnumber the sales from each season going back to at least the promotion campaign of 2000-01 (red & black stripes). Those kits remained popular enough to be used as a third kit in 01-02. In fact, I think we might have worn them more than the all navy blue Evertonian-like jobbies that were supposed to be our primary change strip that season.

Back to the point; if the supporters like the strip enough, they will buy yearly updated versions in higher numbers than they would "one-year wonder" strips that they're apt not to like anyway and could (depending on the colour scheme) be completely obsolete within a year. And since we (the club) get the same amount from Mike Ashley's empire either way, we might as well keep the one the majority of supporters like the most. Unless, of course, we are contractually obligated to change our away kit every season as per the terms of our deal with the Ashley empire.

I would love to keep the red and black halves, but unfortunately, theres no way the will just update them each season, as some people would just keep the old ones.

roverskits08tj6.gif

So, AC Milan home kit, Kawasaki Frontale home kit, a mini with a racing stripe, or a road hazard warning.

Can we keep the Black and Red halves? :rolleyes:

And where do you have that from?

Obviously from making the point in the first place I don't doubt you at all. I'm just curious how high up your source is.

My source is 100% reliable. There is no higher authority. I won't say more because Grooby is reading this thread!

The club have no option but to honour the deal, as the kits are supplied to them by SWIL or rather Umbro going forward. What can the club do, refuse to accept the new kit? They can't sell the old ones, because they haven't got any, and they probably haven't got enough of the old ones to even play in them, so that doesn't seem a very bright idea to me.

Whilst I like the red and black halves I would hate to see them become our trademark away colours. We have less flexibilty with our home shirt (rightly) but lets admit it some sponsors logo's do not sit well. The away kit should be more varied not simply an inversion of the home kit.

I don't know why but for some reason the road hazard warning would be my choice!!

Whilst I like the red and black halves I would hate to see them become our trademark away colours. We have less flexibilty with our home shirt (rightly) but lets admit it some sponsors logo's do not sit well. The away kit should be more varied not simply an inversion of the home kit.

I don't know why but for some reason the road hazard warning would be my choice!!

ill :rover: second that

• 2 weeks later...

This season saw posibly the best home and away shirts that we have had in 10 + years. I'm considering getting another one of each toward the end of the season and not buying the new ones when they come out.

I really hope we kep the red and black halves for the away kit.

roverskits08tj6.gif

The halved away shirts are definitely the way forward from now on for Rovers, as already mentioned halved shirts are easily identifiable with Blackburn Rovers.

Ewood glory could you please post a halved away with yellow in it as opposed to the orange colour.

Archived