BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

Yes but why would you sign for a club because of the manager, when everyone in football knows that as soon as United come knocking he will be off like a shot.

An utter tosser of a man.

Hughes would do exactly the same.

I don't know if anyone has had a look at the Koala Championship table today and compared it the the one that existed when RK took over as Sunderland manager.

Whatever he needs to get them promoted he has it in spades.

Id like to see him as our manager when Hughes leaves for UTD...

Not after those disrespectful comments I wouldnt. Don't want somebody like that running my club, even if he brings us Champs League football.

Yes but why would you sign for a club because of the manager, when everyone in football knows that as soon as United come knocking he will be off like a shot.

An utter tosser of a man.

Because even if he has a fantastic two, three or even four seasons, it probably still wouldn't give him the credentials to be United manager. So it isn't like the players would hardly get any time under him. I'd imagine that players would want to play for a club with such an ambitious manager and to learn something from him, as he was one of the best in the game, especially if they are young or play in midfield.

Whether we like it or not, Sunderland under Roy Keane (and with a bit of dosh behind them) are gonna be a force in the Premiership. The man is utterly dislikeable but who does that remind us of amongst the managerial fraternity?

Keane v Mourinho will be one to watch.

I have no doubt that Roy Keane will have a successful career as a manager, however it makes my blood boil that the man who gave back word to Rovers all those years ago continues to have a pop at our club. No to mention the fact that he will hate Chelsea. These comments are nothing more than baiting two clubs which he despises.

I agree with the general theme of this thread.....playing in the Top Flight will be far different and a greater test than the Championship....I find it amazing that Keane (who after all know's the league better than anyone) should choose these words.

In essence he's stirring it up like his old Lord and Master and will always be that way for as long you put a microphone under his nose.

As for Hughes v. Keane at tis stage. There is ABSOLUTELY no comparison. We have the better man. Would you ever hear Mark Hughes making comments like this? Definitely not. If hughes was to leave in the future and Keane became our manager I could only pass judgement when he had been around the block a little longer to see if he was the right choice......but deep down I would always be unhappy about the welcher representing our club. But don't worry it will never actually become a brain teaser, as in reality he wouldn't even get out of bed to talk to us.....he'd much rather play snooker with Sir Alex Ferguson (or maybe not nowadays).

• 10 months later...

This thread is a reminder that just under 11 months ago Roy Keane said his Sunderland side would 'do' both Rovers and Chelsea.

29th Sep : Sunderland 1 - 2 Rovers

08th Dec : Chelsea 2 - 0 Sunderland

02nd Jan : Rovers 1 - 0 Sunderland

15th Mar : Sunderland 0 - 1 Chelsea

What happened Roy? At least your only 4th from bottom!

This thread is a reminder that just under 11 months ago Roy Keane said his Sunderland side would 'do' both Rovers and Chelsea.

and 50 million spent

Hasta you need to find a mackem board to post that on. :rover:

Archived