BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pubescent Cheerleaders Next Season

Cheerleaders  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Half time cheerleaders. Kids ? Adults ? At All ?

• Yeah. Regardless of age
    • No problem with older teens, but not 10-14
    • Go for it. But over 18 only
    • No No No ! Cheerleaders regardless of age are a bad idea
    • I'm either at the bar or not at the game, so don't care
    • Only if Lee Grooby is the lead cheerleader

Obviously when the game is on I am concentrating on the football not what their legs look like and anyway you could hardly describe the 11 Rovers players as fit - some of them are but others..... well at least they can play football! :lol::lol::lol:

Come on! we all know the Rovers ladies think Stevie Warnock is a heart throb... almost as handsome as Dirk Kuyt lol.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a different but related issue, scantily clad children/teenagers are not going to encourage our Asian friends to Ewood and could in fact have the opposite effect.

I daresay that some of the residents of Ann Cryer's constituency in Keighley might well suggest that Asian chaps aren't necessarily put off by scantily clad children. Indeed some Asian gentlemen seem positively attracted to them.

If we're desperate for extra Asian supporters, perhaps one idea for John Williams to consider would be to dress up the young girls in burkas and have them dancing around on the pitch with just their eyes showing. I gather that a number of muslims believe in the idea of having 72 virgins in paradise. Maybe at Ewood Park they could have 72 cheerleading virgins dancing around before the match - with the benefit of them being appropriately dressed from head to foot in black cloaks.

Perhaps for a bit of extra titillation (on special occasions such as a Lancashire derby) , the girls could wear special saris and headscarves instead. If John Williams then introduced prayer rooms for the Jack Walker stand, made halal meat sandwiches compulsory and redesigned the toilets so they face away from Mecca, I reckon Ewood Park could be filled with 30,000 no problem. Paradise on earth for the Asians.... :unsure:

Excellent post , AESF .

Although you forgot to mention the possibility of public stonings and beheadings should the dancers not live up to expectations ......

Enoch , there's a hook in your mouth and I'm just about to tighten the line it's attached to ..... :lol:

I have to say that the drummers' disruption of the Alan Ball tribute with their mindless rhythmless banging on their drums was nothing short of disgraceful . It would have been nice for the BBE to join in with the Charlton fans singing tribute - unfortunately the morons made it impossible .

I can honestly say that I would not sit in the BBE because of these idiots if I was given a free season ticket .

The Fans' Forum raised the issue of cheerleaders at their last meeting on Monday. It seems that the club has no intention of introducing them. The article in the Watford programme was about one of the club's community projects in BRIC supporting a local cheerleaders group and was some publicity to encourage girls to join the group. There was never any intention that this group would be performing for the club on matchdays. Tom Finn accepted that the wording in the programme was ambiguous, hence it being picked up on here. He didn't rule out the possibility that they might perform a one-off sometime but that would be all. He did think that there may be some mileage in them supporting the women's team though.

We have cheerleaders at edgeley park for the Sale rugby games, and they don't seem to cause any problems, quite the opposite in fact. I really don't see what the problem is.

Neither do I . Judging by some ofthe comments on here we seem to have some kind of national complex about paedophilia ...

Personally I'd like to see the school penalty shoot outs brought back ...what better way to get kids interested ?

• 2 weeks later...
Rid us of the drummers

They aren't required, damage the atmosphere and are just embarrassing

What atmosphere?? The home vocal support from the BBE in recent games has been nothing short of embarrassing. Outsung by Charlton & Reading, whose claims that 'you only sing when you're winning' were totally justified. At least the drummers instigate chants and at times cover up the embarrassing silence.

(Having said that, I wouldnt like to sit behind them...)

Neither do I . Judging by some of the comments on here we seem to have some kind of national complex about paedophilia ...

Well bugger me with a barge-pole! I agree with Phil on this 100%.

A bunch of 13 year-old girls prancing around at half time is nothing more & nothing less. Pretty boring. If the one paedophile in the 20,000 (give or take a few thousand) in Ewood maybe gets his rocks off to it...

We might as well send all the 13 year old girls to school in buses with blacked out windows and armed eunochs as guards.

A sense of perspective is needed here. Not hysterical tabloid-fuelled indignation.

What atmosphere?? The home vocal support from the BBE in recent games has been nothing short of embarrassing. Outsung by Charlton & Reading, whose claims that 'you only sing when you're winning' were totally justified. At least the drummers instigate chants and at times cover up the embarrassing silence.

(Having said that, I wouldnt like to sit behind them...)

No you're wrong - the drummers stop people singing. FACT.

They are sh!t. There is no other word for it. I think of going on Ewood sometimes and all it needs is the thought of the drummers to stop me going! Why aren't the club listening to us!?!

Because they're corporate fools who don't understand. I wouldn't mind a proper drummer with a drum kit. But the BOOM BOOM BOOM! style is damned annoying. Blackpool seemed to have a few at the play-offs as well. Just slap the drummers, or write a strong letter asking them to go. If the club gets more than 1000 letters, surely they'll act.

No you're wrong - the drummers stop people singing. FACT.

They are sh!t. There is no other word for it. I think of going on Ewood sometimes and all it needs is the thought of the drummers to stop me going! Why aren't the club listening to us!?!

I've heard it all now. That is by far the most pathetic excuse for anything I have ever heard. You should be ashamed of yourself, ihb :angry:

You might be interested (or not, as you are obviously not interested in supporting your glorious team on their own patch), that when the drummers were not there the atmosphere was worse <_<

What I noticed was that even when drummers started chants the fans only kept it up for 2 "refrains" and then died out - nothing to do with the drummer continuing on an already started chance. I think the drummers are used as an excuse.

• 2 months later...

Archived