BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grooby

I was reading my match programme from the Newcastle game in 2002 and there is an interview in it with a guy called Lee Grooby.

I'm sure I've seen Grooby mentioned on this forum but there is no member with that name. Is he on here under another name?

I believe "Internet Manager" is his official title. I would imagine his most visible responsibility is running the official website.

Lee is our hero, he is our god. He also means I don't have to worry about having an option to abstain from votes :)

He also generously sponsors the message board awards. Traditionally presented on the last game of the season drinking session.

Not strictly speaking. He doesn't sponsor the awards meaning he pays for them, they do have his name though in honour of The Great Man.

As Glenn says, he is the God of All Rovers Fans.

He's not my God. Never even met this diety. I bet it's like The Wizard Of Oz.

spat my tea out then! I once appeared in a production of the Wizard of Oz (as the good witch, naturally) and come to think of it the guy who took the part of the Wiz did bear a certain resemblance to Lee...... :blink:

I spoke to him once in a pub, he seemed a really nice fella. He's not let the fame go to his head.

Apart from the flash car he drives, his palatial home and regular trips to glamourous location - the last time I spoke to him he claimed to be in Morecambe. Im sure that is code for Maldives.

Apart from the flash car he drives, his palatial home and regular trips to glamourous location - the last time I spoke to him he claimed to be in Morecambe. Im sure that is code for Maldives.

He was looking a it brown when I saw him yesterday............he has either been abroad or uses fake tan.

Most likely the latter.

WOW The Reserves are playing at Christie Park, Maldives. must be an all expenses paid trip for Grooby.

I spoke to him once in a pub, he seemed a really nice fella. He's not let the fame go to his head.

Think i`ve met him aswell Bob....short arms deep pockets, is that him? ;)

Think i`ve met him aswell Bob....short arms deep pockets, is that him? ;)

That's the fella. Decent unassuming sort. You wouldn't even know he was there, he just blended into the background drinking his champagne and smoking his cuban cigars.

lol

SAR yes I did start this site.

Cletus, Bob F, you both ducked out of the offer of a drink the last time we were in the Fernhurst if I recall, some excuse about having homes to go to.

Roversmum, the closest I came to being in the Wizard of Oz was when I painted the scenary and shifted it about in a school play once.

Right, I must go now, Stalybridge is calling me!

Archived