BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grooby

Apart from the flash car he drives, his palatial home and regular trips to glamourous location - the last time I spoke to him he claimed to be in Morecambe. Im sure that is code for Maldives.

Also sits on the doorstep outside his house drinking extreme cocktails, with his BR shades on pretending to do work on his laptop!!

Think i`ve met him aswell Bob....short arms deep pockets, is that him? ;)

Thats the one! Once bought me a pint about 10 years ago and I was raging that I never had it sealed air-tight and then framed. Since being employed by Rovers, he's always tried to ignore me and pretends never to remember me painting the scenery in ths school play!!

All in all, not a bad chap and decent enough keeper. He also nearly made history by scoring a perfect hat-trick in the BRIC a few weeks ago. The height of him I was really surprised that he couldn't complete that feat with his head!!

While we are on the subject of Grooby, what happened to the Grooby Awards?

THats what I initially thought htis thread was all about. Always suprisingly controversial, especially the 'most informed/best contribution'!

However Bobs domination of the funniest poster category probably menas he has got to keep the trophy. Or diploma or whatever it is.

Hasn't happend in the last couple of years though.

Talk is currently going on about the potential for Groobys this year.

Believe it or not, the organisation of the awards is pretty hard work - I did the first 2 years, Paul did the 3rd - and we both have uncollected awards sitting in our cupboards!

Watch this space...

Talk is currently going on about the potential for Groobys this year.

Believe it or not, the organisation of the awards is pretty hard work - I did the first 2 years, Paul did the 3rd - and we both have uncollected awards sitting in our cupboards!

Watch this space...

More importantly, the end of season drinking session that accompanies it.

As many on here can testify, I have lost touch with the hit parade in recent years, but I think I'm correct in saying that a popular beat combo "The Kaiser Chiefs" released a tribute single to Lee earlier this year....?

Your just quoting my signature

Archived