BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Que sera sera. Anyway remember when Rooney left Everton. Where did they finish the next season?

Just imagine:

"Reid…oh what a ball through to Derbyshire…flag stays down…AND HE SCORES!! What a goal by the youngster! This man is catching the Premiership by fire"

"Pedersen with the free kick…and WHAT A SAVE BY REINA!...BUT GALLAGHER FOLLOWS UP. IT'S 2-0 BLACKBURN"

And for the more imaginative of you high on Prozac:

"Derbyshire plays a neat exchange with Savage. Onto Gallagher who turns and shoots and it's deflected in by Kuqi! I don't think he meant it but it's his 6th goal of the season so far. I don’t think he meant any of them but lady luck is certainly smiling down at the Finn"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does go IMO its the resulting implications on any further siginings that we need to be worried about

Bellamy was a big pull for us in this area and his possible departure could seriously hamper the 'quality' of any future signings.

As for Pongo , IMO he only seem to perform well with Bellamy - so his signing would not be the best if Bellamy leaves

pongolle was rubbish i thought

its very disapointing that craig actually came out and said he wouldnt even dare ask for a clause and that mark and the club would never allow it

No, he's not meant to say anything about the clause. He never had to mention it and lie about it.

I don't think that we will ever truely know if a clause exists.

Lads,

Why do some people have to be so negative about Craig. I spoke to him briefly at the tail-end of last season on two occasions and was perfectly honest with any questions. He basically said that he would hopefully plan to be here next season, but said in football that you will never know.

I then questioned him about his contract and did admit that there was something there, but didn't want to elaborate further on it. He knew there was a bit of interest and if a good offer came in (ie) Champions League football, then he would almost certainly consider it. He played fantastic last season and certainly didn't really expect this interest from Liverpool and rumours about other teams. When playing for Rovers he gave his all and didn't stop one ouce short of it.

Maybe it's down to his agent regarding the 'paltry' £6million figure so that he can get a nice signing on fee from it, but we are still making a decent profit. Over £1.5 million on a transfer, finishing 6th place and selling a fair few extra shirts with his name on it.

At the end of the day we'll be devasted if Craig goes, but i want to wish him well in his career, but slighly disappointed that he didn't want to cut his loss and stay at Ewood.

P L E A S E D O N ' T B E G R U D G E C R A I G O N T H I S.

As for Pongolle??

Send him off to Bog Moore, good luck!!!

hehe, nayef that was a breath of fresh air, well done mate!

I simply cannot believe the reaction of many posters on here. If Bellers came out and admitted the clause people would have called for his head on here. It would have been insane. Some things need to be kept under wraps. Come one, what did you expect him to say???

When he denied it, which was perfectly reasonable, Bellamy was happy - clubs would have queued up for him had he said there was a clause and at the time he did not want a move. Then he is been offered champions league footy at the club he supports, what would you do? It's a dream move for him, simple as that.

If he'd have gone around detailing the get out clauses in his contract he'd have been branded the next Anelka. No footballer does that unless they want to leave.

One last point, was he definately aware of the clause?

Good luck Bellers, you've helped the good times roll again down at Ewood.

Get a grip folks, and keep the faith :brfc:

As for Pongo , IMO he only seem to perform well with Bellamy - so his signing would not be the best if Bellamy leaves

Great point, I was thinking the same myself. Now Bellamy has gone I would say he'd only be OK if we were bringing three strikers in and he was third choice. We're now two strikers down on our options as at January 31st if you take into account Gallagher coming back.

Lads,

Why do some people have to be so negative about Craig. I spoke to him briefly at the tail-end of last season on two occasions and was perfectly honest with any questions. He basically said that he would hopefully plan to be here next season, but said in football that you will never know.

I then questioned him about his contract and did admit that there was something there, but didn't want to elaborate further on it. He knew there was a bit of interest and if a good offer came in (ie) Champions League football, then he would almost certainly consider it. He played fantastic last season and certainly didn't really expect this interest from Liverpool and rumours about other teams. When playing for Rovers he gave his all and didn't stop one ouce short of it.

Maybe it's down to his agent regarding the 'paltry' £6million figure so that he can get a nice signing on fee from it, but we are still making a decent profit. Over £1.5 million on a transfer, finishing 6th place and selling a fair few extra shirts with his name on it.

At the end of the day we'll be devasted if Craig goes, but i want to wish him well in his career, but slighly disappointed that he didn't want to cut his loss and stay at Ewood.

P L E A S E D O N ' T B E G R U D G E C R A I G O N T H I S.

As for Pongolle??

Send him off to Bog Moore, good luck!!!

funny he said all that to you. Not what he said to the rest of us

KEEPING US ROSY

whatever

Benitez says he's meeting him within the next couple of days and says he doesnt anticipate any problems with his desire to play for the club as he's a Liverpool fan.

Here is the story

He is on holiday, but we will talk over the next few days. I know the player's qualities very well. He is a very good footballer and now we need to see if he has the passion to play for our club

He has the ability, the pace and the talent we've been looking for and now we need to talk about other things

Not sounding to sure about his personality there Rafa...

KEEPING US ROSY

whatever

Yes, he has decided to take a stinky dump on Rovers fans. That much is clear but that's life for you. Surprises around the corner when you least expect it. Bad ones and good ones.

You know, I've just realised that there is a feasible market for voodoo dolls of Premiership footballers. They would sell like hot cakes. I seriously think the BRFC club shop should talk to local craftsmen and acquire voodoo dolls of Bellamy and Duff (hey Shearer and Souness may even sell as there are some right unforgiving rovers fans out there). I would certainly buy Bellamy's! Time to cash in on these sort of things. :tu:

What actually annoys me almost more than anything is Liverpool's attitude throughout the last few weeks. They seem to have done everything possible to unsettle Bellamy. They don't seem to know how to behave in any situation (remember the carryings on over when the game at Ewood Park should be played) and despite their previous on field achievements I find it hard to have any respect for the club. If Bellamy goes, as looks increasingly likely, then he goes, and I can't even get terribly annoyed about the lies he told, because I work all day every day with kids who tell you what you want to hear because they don't want any trouble, and it seems to me that footballers are just like overgrown kids.

He's as good as gone. Who wouldn't want to play for Liverpool? It's a shame really as he is a good player who had a tremendous season for us. Hopefully we'll get nearer a realistic fee rather than the knockdown price quoted so we can find a suitable replacement or two.

The reports I read about the transfer read almost word for word Jim's post from yesterday. To me either the LET were hoodwinked or today's story has a few half truth's in it.

You know, I've just realised that there is a feasible market for voodoo dolls of Premiership footballers. They would sell like hot cakes. I seriously think the BRFC club shop should talk to local craftsmen and acquire voodoo dolls of Bellamy and Duff (hey Shearer and Souness may even sell as there are some right unforgiving rovers fans out there). I would certainly buy Bellamy's! Time to cash in on these sort of things. :tu:

Judging by the reaction our fans give Duff when he plays against us, I doubt his will sell.

Yeah, well, as everyone knows there was a large part of Duff that never really wanted to go and he certainly didn't engineer a move. Up to the night before he signed he still wasn't sure he'd go. So no wonder nobody feels angry at him. Other players are a different matter.

So if Bellamy leaves, we have 6.5 million plus 4 million for summer targets. Time to get Gallagher starting games and use the other money for a new striker and a new defender? But who?

(I'm in a bad mood now after reading through this thread, though I kind of expected this sort of thing to happen)

This clause was common knowldedge the day he signed for Rovers.

A lot of naievety going about it seems, to believe different!

"However, the reassurance of familiar faces in the shape of Hughes and his assistants, Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki - all of whom had coached him successfully with Wales - was enough to secure his move on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee. Bellamy said, somewhat gauchely, that if it were not for the circumstances, "they would have paid much more for me". There is, however, a clause in Bellamy's contract with Blackburn that would allow him to leave for £6 million should a club in the Champions League make a bid."

(Filed: 08/07/2005)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...08/sfnbel08.xml

Looking back, in my heart of hearts I knew that Bellamy was going when he made a point of coming over to the Rovers fans at The Valley and throwing his shirt into the crowd.... the gesture seemed out of character somehow.

KEEPING US ROSY

whatever

Indeed, but he didn't tell you that to your face because hardly anyone mentioned it to him.

When speaking to reporters, he knew what he said was going to be in the papers the next day and didn't mention about the clause. However his great performances have done the damage and not for the sake of him mentioning time and time again about this 'clause' in his contract.

The LET article has a key paragraph in it....

Bellamy admitted he did do some soul searching before deciding to quit Newcastle for Rovers last summer but, six months into his Blackburn career, the 26-year-old has no regrets about linking up with Hughes again, who was his manager with Wales.

- Now does think not show that back in January he was spouting off about this 'clause'?? No instead he kept his head fairly low and worked extremly hard on the pitch for Rovers and it's from there that clubs have taken notice.

Just because he has been performing well in his job, do you really have to hold this against him if a deal goes ahead? Look at it from your point of view in your own job. If you have been performing well and a bigger company comes in to work with potentially bigger clients and not forgetting doublng your wages, what would you do?

In my eyes he hasn't deceived anyone, apart from himself with last season. He played better than what he had probably initially expected and didn't expect for this hype and hugh transfer talk to escalate to these heights. But in saying that he hasn't spoken to Liverpool yet and there still is a chance than he might want to stay with Rovers if we can pull a decent striker to partner him and be a damn good force in the Premiership and the UEFA Cup.

Looking back, in my heart of hearts I knew that Bellamy was going when he made a point of coming over to the Rovers fans at The Valley and throwing his shirt into the crowd.... the gesture seemed out of character somehow.

i don't know what you mean?

i was proper wasted at the valley but i remember mgp, neill and a few others also throwing their shirts into the crowd along with bellamy's.

Indeed, but he didn't tell you that to your face because hardly anyone mentioned it to him.

When speaking to reporters, he knew what he said was going to be in the papers the next day and didn't mention about the clause. However his great performances have done the damage and not for the sake of him mentioning time and time again about this 'clause' in his contract.

The LET article has a key paragraph in it....

Bellamy admitted he did do some soul searching before deciding to quit Newcastle for Rovers last summer but, six months into his Blackburn career, the 26-year-old has no regrets about linking up with Hughes again, who was his manager with Wales.

- Now does think not show that back in January he was spouting off about this 'clause'?? No instead he kept his head fairly low and worked extremly hard on the pitch for Rovers and it's from there that clubs have taken notice.

Just because he has been performing well in his job, do you really have to hold this against him if a deal goes ahead? Look at it from your point of view in your own job. If you have been performing well and a bigger company comes in to work with potentially bigger clients and not forgetting doublng your wages, what would you do?

In my eyes he hasn't deceived anyone, apart from himself with last season. He played better than what he had probably initially expected and didn't expect for this hype and hugh transfer talk to escalate to these heights. But in saying that he hasn't spoken to Liverpool yet and there still is a chance than he might want to stay with Rovers if we can pull a decent striker to partner him and be a damn good force in the Premiership and the UEFA Cup.

I am with you on this. Think he had to deny any clause else we would have had this sort of speculation since January. I also dont think its as sure a thing he will sign as everyone thinks. I think MH could have a massive influence on this.

Bellers spoke to Hughes' yesterday and still chose to go and speak to Liverpool. Makes me think he will go to be honest.

Looking like my gut feeling was just gas. As for your quote Ricky that is exactly what I thought, if Hughes has done the business and he still wants to talk to L'pool it's just a formality really. As for Mido as a replacement/addition, I really don't like the fella.

I'm feeling like we have been quite used and why did Bellamy have to lie to us all. Liverpool are getting an absolute bargain.

On the bright side we did still manage to win games with him out, on the bad side there were quite a few games we would not have won without him.

Holding out for a miracle here, what a feather in our cap it would be if he chose to stay.

Archived