BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Holding out for a miracle here, what a feather in our cap it would be if he chose to stay.

If he does i'm wring to Blackburn council to get the the following freedom of the Town:-

Blackburn Rovers Board

Mark Hughes

Craig Bellamy

Steven Reid

Morten Gamst Pedersen.

What a week in football is this happens and Mr Hughes will have to be knighted next year.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not devastated as I was when Duff left for two simple reasons.

Bellamy is injury prone (although Duffers did have his occasional problems).

I have confidence in Hughes' ability to spend wisely (and not use the money to bring in an Aussie dud, the slowest Italian defender on the market and the most over-priced Scotsman since Christian Dailly). Obviously we won't pick up someone as good as Bellamy because his situation was unique after his fall-out with Souness.

Read the top pinned post a few times!

They are not in the CL yet, but it's better to get the money now and get it overwith rather than having to wait untill they are qualified before he leaves. No point in holding on to a player for a good couple of weeks when you know there is a 99% chance he is going to leave anyway.

We need to sell him now, and get a replacement ready for pre-season.

4 strikers with different qualities that could make a challenge for the title:

bellamy: quick, scores and creates goals.

fowler: poacher.

crouch: target man

kuyt: from what i have read he is good and scores alot of goals.

i hope bellamy is a little angry that he iosn't the main man now going to anfield, he don't think he likes being a little fish in a big pond.

There's only one winner here.....Liverpool.We dont even get an adequate amount of financial compensation to soften the blow.I'm sorry but we've been well and truly f'ked over.

Mark Hughes will have his work cut out replacing Bellamy with relative little coin...who is availiable?

Thanks for you honesty Craig,the fans really deserved this :unsure:

4 strikers with different qualities that could make a challenge for the title:

bellamy: quick, scores and creates goals.

fowler: poacher.

crouch: target man

kuyt: from what i have read he is good and scores alot of goals.

Where is Cisse, Morientes, Pongolle?

Can somebody ban me from this site as my work productivity levels are zero right now. Indeed as I type I should be composing something on DreamWeaver, although I am a bin man so god knows why I should be doing that.

Know the feeling. I should be writing kid's reports to be handed in tomorrow and merging marklists for a department meeting on setting but this rubbish is so addictive!

Morientes left I think, Cisse is apparantly on his way to France despite his glass legs and Pongolle...who knows.

I can't be bothered to get worked up about this. The thing that really annoys me right now is that we're getting screwed in regards to market value. Should be getting 10-12 million, not six.

There's only one winner here.....Liverpool.We dont even get an adequate amount of financial compensation to soften the blow.I'm sorry but we've been well and truly f'ked over.

Hughes agreed to the clause when the signing took place, he must have known that this was probably on the cards. It seems to be a nonsense that we have been 'conned' or 'lied to', Sparky was fully aware of the agreement Bellamy decided to sign.

Based on that assumption and given the minimum selling on fee of between 6 and 7m, his target budget of 10m was an exercise in 'creative' accounting last year.

The only thing Bellamy has done wrong here is to lie in mid-February about the clause. Other than that, no-one can blame him for wanting this move.

It's digusting that the club allowed this situation to arise. It was completely understandable that Bellamy would want a 'safety net' considering how terrible we were the season before he joined, but surely the club should have had a counter-clause that would make it void if we made Europe, or finished high in the Premiership.

Given Bellamy's other options at the time (mainly Everton and Birmingham), I just get the feeling we haven't done enough to stop this. Even without the Hughes influence, we'd probably be the most attractive of the three. Throw in the Welsh connection and you wonder why the club has belittled itself so much in the negotiations.

This is a devastating blow, not one I feel we can recover from for some time either. :(

Well one things for sure.

Good ol' honest Bellers (yes I never liked him in the first place) will not be the next Ian Rush at Liverpool.

Given his track record in all walks of life and his apparently over inflated ego he'll probably turn out to be the next white line sniffing Robbie Fowler.

Hughes agreed to the clause when the signing took place, he must have known that this was probably on the cards. It seems to be a nonsense that we have been 'conned' or 'lied to', Sparky was fully aware of the agreement Bellamy decided to sign.

Based on that assumption and given the minimum selling on fee of between 6 and 7m, his target budget of 10m was an exercise in 'creative' accounting last year.

That may be true about Hughes adopted one but I stand by what I say,there is only ONE winner here Liverpool.

In a transfer market that sees a fizzy pop league player like Andy Johnson valued at 8.5 million by his club,I quite literallly feel like f'kin crying seeing what is happening down at Ewood right now with this Bellamy saga.

We are being made to look complete fools.IPB Image

It was completely understandable that Bellamy would want a 'safety net' considering how terrible we were the season before he joined, but surely the club should have had a counter-clause that would make it void if we made Europe, or finished high in the Premiership.

Probably the best bit of sense that has been spoken on this topic.

But 'Le Chuck'., it's not disgusting that the cluib allowed this to arise. There is a fair chance that his agent came up with this and said take it or leave it. Everton could have had the same one and Moyles probably said i'll have a think about this and then that could have been when we came in.

The club possibly had no option and besides we wouldn't have been as high up the club if it weren't for him. Even though we are being screwed about his value, we have actually come out better off. Bought him at a real cut down price (could easily have been £8 million), got a fair few goals from him, finished 6th in the league (could have been higher if he had been off the injury table more often) AND besides he hasn't accepted the move!!

If he does sign Rovers should be given the 1st refusal if he throws any tantrams and falls out of favour with Benitez for around £4-5 million if we feel he is worth it. :unsure:

Archived