BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Preview

Well now it comes to my turn to have a go at this preview mallarcy! Obviously being the most interesting and amusing person you will ever come across in your life will help my cause, however the fact that as a club we now have about as much to play for as the Dingles do every season makes it all a bit of an anti climax. The season is nearly over and due to our inability to finish teams off we now have a few meaningless games left and now its the time of year where everyone turns and discusses new strips, new owners, new players and such rubbish.

Charlton on the other hand are well and truly in the sticky and smelly stuff. Thanks to Jon Stead's (football genius) twenty yard thunderbolt last week the Addicks now really need to win all their remaining games and will be summuning every man, his dog and his dog's teddy to this one! Near on 7,500 will be descending on Ewood via plane, train, car, bus, taxi, parachute, horse-back, go kart, skateboard and whatever else they can find. Up until this moment Charlton have always been thought of as one of the quieter and smaller visiting followings (their Division 1 promotion aside) and thus it may come to the Blues as a bit of a shock when our sun drenched end of season stroll in the park is rudely trampled on by these cockney rebels!!

I believe they have only sold 4,500 so far however and therefore their 'biggest game in years' as many are billing it, when "Alan Pardew's Red and White Army" travel for "Operation Ewood" may well yet fall flat on it's face!!

charlton7779pages4.jpg

As for the game itself well Charlton have started to hit some form since Pardew has taken over, they've signed a few players in January, namely Ben 'the thug' Thatcher and China's greatest export since sweet and sour chicken - Zheng Zhi. Darren Bent nearly moved across to join his former boss at the club that play in some minging colours and pay average players (lucash anyone) far too much money (West Ham for those who have been asleep for six months).

Anyway enough of my blabbering on here's a Charlton Fan's View after he was grilled by my goodself:

What do you think of your season so far?

I think drama-filled would be a reasonable answer. I secretly prefer the tension of a relegation dogfight to the same old obscurity if I'm honest!

We all know the league table doesn't lie, but is your league place a fair reflection?

Tough question. It's not fair on Pardew that's for sure. The players have not played as well as they could have if you look at the season as a whole, but if we had played as well all season as our current form suggests, we could be challenging for Europe!!

Yeh but your not, so even though we all think your rubbish, change my mind and tell me which of your players should Mark Hughes be wary of?

We're powering on all cylinders now and there will be lots of threats. Obviously there's Darren Bent, but Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose and Zheng Zhi should be ignored at your peril!

Firing on all cylinders, have you ever heard so much rubbish!! What do you think to Rovers this season?

Not a lot. Quite an average one wouldn't you say? Matt Derbyshire looks good tho

Average, average, £$*&%$%£ average.......yeh suppose so! Which Rovers players are you wary of?

Benni McCarthy's been on good form recently, and I've always been weary of Pedersen, good footballer him.

Yeh we know cheers. Do you think you have what it takes to stay up?

Yes I do. The way the players are playing at the moment, they don't deserve to go down, Pardew neither.

I don't! Big question now will you?

Fingers crossed. It's all about Sheff Utd on Saturday really. Win that and we're well and truly in the driving seat.

Well you didn't oh well guess that means you think your down then! :rover: So is Darren Bent worth all the reports?

Yes. Not that we're a one man team, but without him we don't seem to click. He's a bit of a catalyst if you will.

Not a patch on Benni sunshine! What went wrong for Iain Dowie?

He was too ugly and scared the players. Also had too many disagreements with board and players. Was glad to see him leave.

What and then you could get Big Les Reed, have a word with yourself! So what team are you likely to play?

Same team as against the Toffees I'd guess: Carson, Young, El Karkouri, Diawara, Thatcher, Ambrose, Song, Faye, Hughes, Zheng Zhi, Darren Bent.

What team would you play and why?

Whatever one Pardew chooses. He's a bit of a god.

You have a funny choice in God pal! Anyway what's your prediction regarding the score?

Our travelling 7,500 fans will inspire us to a 3-0 victory, Ambrose, Benty and ZZ with the goals!

Yeh course they will!! I say 8-0 Rovers, nah only joking I'm completely unsure as to how this one will go, if we turn up and can be bothered then we'll win, but if a few turn up fancying a stroll around then Charlton could turn us over here, come on Blues don't let that happen get your hand in your pocket, whip some money out, get a ticket and get down to Ewood, your missus will only find you some rubbish jobs otherwise, so put her in her place and bring her with you, all the whining she'll be doing will help raise the noise levels!!

Anyway over and out from me chaps, let's here your score predictions then.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What went wrong for Iain Dowie?

He was too ugly and scared the players.

:lol: me too!

Wondering about our players' attitude too, ihtd. Hoping that they turn up and give Charlton a game but you never know if the Rovers Charity Foundation is going to play. Hoping for a them getting a bit of shooting practice during the week, too, and it should be a stroll.

Hoping for a goal from Benni and Peds is due one and it would be nice For Dunny to fire one in but then should Tugs play this one and if Charlton's players are easily scared Samba should do the trick and I just don't know ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ph34r:

We'll win, i'm bringing my girlfriend along to this one and she's only ever seen us win. Pity she can't make more games really.

3-0, a good performance all round.

Bentley and Gamst are due goals so i'll wager they'll each get one saturday. Lazy McCarthy with his 22nd also.

This is going to be one massively tough game for us. Charlton have to start as favourites because theyhave so much riding on the outcome and won't want to disappoint the travelling fans.

We can probably get a draw- a result which will be no good for either club.

Charlton as favourites ? Please let me have some your local tipple !!

Rovers have everything to play for, namely a lot of extra prizemoney whereas little old dingles are simply playing to avoid the embarassment of finishing in the lower half of the 2nd Premiership !!

Rovers to sting the travelling southerners with a 3-0 beating.

crowd watch........27857

ps

as it stands Charlton have sold just over 5400 tickets

I'm glad Charlton are bringing so many fans.

I am looking forward to the game. It's an interesting one. It should be a good atmosphere.

I'd love us to get an early goal - that would certainly open things up.

3-2 Rovers.

Charlton to bring 5,000 plus on the road, and West Ham have sold out 5,100 for the trip to Wigan.

Thats a lot of wound up Cockneys coming up, and more interestingly, considering both of sets of fans may well not get the result they want, down the M6 and M1 etc after the match.

Hope they dont wind each other up too much.

Charlton to bring 5,000 plus on the road, and West Ham have sold out 5,100 for the trip to Wigan.

Thats a lot of wound up Cockneys coming up, and more interestingly, considering both of sets of fans may well not get the result they want, down the M6 and M1 etc after the match.

OH JOY

The journey home will be fun then!!

Glad you pointed that out Oz. I'll be setting off early, then...

Guest fernhurstblue

not sure why people are predicting such a large crowd. gate will be 19k rovers fans plus whatever charlton bring.

:rover:

Benni Mac is looking to catch Ronaldo and Drogba at the top scorer list :rover:

:lol::D i hope that's a nick-name that sticks!

I read on a Newcastle web-page that reading haven't entered themselves in the inter-toto cup. is there any truth in this? if true then if they finish 8th and we ended up in 9th place we would get the place yes?

:lol::D i hope that's a nick-name that sticks!

I read on a Newcastle web-page that reading haven't entered themselves in the inter-toto cup. is there any truth in this? if true then if they finish 8th and we ended up in 9th place we would get the place yes?

that is true, neither have Portsmouth

that is true, neither have Portsmouth

so if spuds, everton and notlob finish 5th, 6th and 7th, all we have to do is finish above newcastle? all the more preasure on that game when it comes around too...

Archived