BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-match And Half-time Entertainment

Don't worry - I was expecting some joke answers! In amongst the bizarre it seems that people either don't want anything at half time or want something along the lines of the old penalty competitions, which would be my choice.

I think Jan hit the nail on the head. A lot of supporters disappear into the stands at half time for a pint, cuppa, wazz, natter or ciggie (not next season of course :)) so folks just don't have strong opinions. E.g. there were some pop girlies on at half time (possibly this season), causing quite a stir in the Blackburn End. I was curious but not curious enough to lose my place queuing for a cup of tea.

I'd like to be able to hear the sound system in the Blackburn end prematch. don't know what it's like in the lower tier but you can't hear it in the upper and when they show interviews it's really annoying that you either have to stand down in the concourse where you can hear the interview but not see the teams warm up etc, or you can watch but not hear a word that's being said. As for half time unless you're going to introduce a penalty competition, perhaps between local secondary schools along the lines of the one that we saw the final of at ewood last Friday then I don't want anything. Certainly not cheerleaders because I'm so critical now having watched my daughter's squad who several years ago were very good and now spot all the faults and mistakes in timing and choreography

At least I think that means the decreases in gates at Ewood have been arrested as last season's average was 21,000 ish as well.

Increases at Arsenal (Emirates) but also Villa and Fulham have improved. Charlton and West Ham doing well despite their problems. Sheff U have done very well.

Decreases at Man City, Bolton and Wigan. Newcastle down slightly as well.

How did Fulham get a biggest gate 2,000 more than their capacity?

I guess that overall, Prem attendances are the same or slightly up compared witrh last season because of the Emirates and a full season of the extended OT.

Next season is likely to see a rise in Prem attendances with every prospect of two traditional big city clubs plus Brum coming up. Stadium of Light will be the fourth biggest stadium in the EPL and the Quinn/Keane buzz up there might fill it, at least initially.

Obvious really:

As the game kicks off the ground staff are fed copious amounts of vodka; amphetamine suphate and Lysergic acid diethylamide. It all kicks in 45 minutes later.

As the substitutes do their warming up exercises during the half time interval, the groundstaff, all of who by this time are mad psychos and armed with their sharpened gardening forks, try to kill the players who are warming up on the pitch.

At least we might make it to first spot on MOTD.

And make sure it is amphetimine sulphate and not amphetimine sulphide. Lemmy would tell you why. We'd give the latter to the drummers. No actually, let's give Saki and speed to the drummers and see if they end up like Jerry St. Clair when he did the bingo on Phoenix Nights and starts singing "chitty chitty bang bang".

I have a great idea about the entertainment.

Why dont we scrap the idea keep as it is and save the money for the transfer window so hughes can strengthen the squad so we be fighting for top spot alot more.

You go to football for football, not to go see some cheerleaders.

• 4 months later...

I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but who the hell decided it would be a good idea to have Adam from the apprentice doing the half time draw and introduce the team news???

Is this a new employer or was it just a one off??? Didn't like him on the show and he should now just sod off back into oblivion!

We didn't actually pay him to do that did we???

I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but who the hell decided it would be a good idea to have Adam from the apprentice doing the half time draw and introduce the team news???

Is this a new employer or was it just a one off??? Didn't like him on the show and he should now just sod off back into oblivion!

We didn't actually pay him to do that did we???

WOW?IS HE FAMOUS?WE SAID WHO THE HELL IS THIS COCK...BRING BACK G.LIVER

AND ASK HIM ABOUT HIS COMMENTRY AT SOUTHAMPTON WHEN HE WAS ON THE LASH PRE GAME WITH US LOT HAAHAHA

Here Here for the Crossbar Challenge!! We have our own Crossbar Champion in 'bomber' who hit the bar twice at Pompey and once again the year after :)

Or we could always ask back Rachel Brown to do half time again, i'm sure we wouldn't struggle to amuse ourselves at a Dingle :)

Talking of Half time, I'm not a big fan of Ken Beamish but he's got to be better than that half wit that was on spluttering his words at Portsmouth game from the Apprentice. I was embarrassed for him :blink:

• 1 month later...

Archived