BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Fined £5.5m

According to some of the press there are doubts as to whether that happened or not. So it could be that Tevez is turning out for West Ham and the paperwork is still not straight

From what i read in the papers, they couldn't sort out an agreement with his owners, so they simply ripped up his contract with them. Not sure that legally counts as ending an agreement :blink: There were then stories that west ham would be sued by his owners for it and eggiesandwich would renegotiate tevez's deal at the end of the season.

The whole thing is a farce, west ham should have lost points gained whilst they played.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheff U joining in the legal scrap.

Going to be a busy summer in the Courts if West Ham survive the drop.

If this is the future of football - league position decided in the courts then I'll be sticking 2 fingers up at the game once and for all.

I really hate lawsuits (however much I agree West Ham should have been docked points months ago) and don't want to see the lawyers getting their claws into the game any more than they already have.

Hammers fans must be dismayed to realise just how damaging all this is to the reputation of their club. It appears everybody is beginning to hate em.

its a good job hammers fans are ignorant buggers then

after all they did win the 66 world cup, oo and won us the prem in 95

The Premier League's advisors obviously share my point of view - that technically their position is unassailable.

Sports agent Mel Goldberg was on the radio today speaking very sensibly and eloquently about the whole issue.

In his view there was no realistic recourse against the Premier League but he said that the other clubs recourse was against West Ham themselves.

He said that West Ham had already pleaded guilty to breaching a specific regulation (13D or something like that) which inter alia required all Premier League clubs to act With "utmost good faith" towards each other. He said that it could probably be argued West Ham had certainly not done this but that any punishment would be financial in terms of compensation, not a points deduction.

It occurred to me tonight that even if Whelan and the gang of four don't really think they have a persuasive legal case, then by engaging in all this sabre rattling with 2 games to go, it's bound to be deeply unsettling for the West ham players to say the least!

Come on Bolton! :ph34r:

Lets see whether Sheff U discover they have a massive injury list after the game against Villa which is happening right now.

I am sure the whole of football would applaud Warnock sticking a bunch of exciting 16 year olds out against Wigan next week whilst the Mancs put on a Premiership Harlem Globetrotting show against the WHam. In those circumstances WHam go down irrespective of what Charlton do.

Lets see whether Sheff U discover they have a massive injury list after the game against Villa which is happening right now.

I am sure the whole of football would applaud Warnock sticking a bunch of exciting 16 year olds out against Wigan next week whilst the Mancs put on a Premiership Harlem Globetrotting show against the WHam. In those circumstances WHam go down irrespective of what Charlton do.

Unless they get at least a draw that isnt going to happen!

Aston Villa are currently winning 2-0.

The BBC are saying that if the scores stay the same, then if Wigan beat Sheffield United next week, they will both stay up IF WH lose against Manchester United.

Aston Villa are currently winning 2-0.

The BBC are saying that if the scores stay the same, then if Wigan beat Sheffield United next week, they will both stay up IF WH lose against Manchester United.

Indeed, but I dont think Warnock would risk it unless they were safe BEFORE kick off.

That 3-0 defeat by Villa puts Sheff U right back in the relegation quagmire as they now have a very similar goal difference to both West Ham and Wigan and could drop on GD if Wigan win at Bramall Lane.

They certainly won't be playing the kids next Sunday.

If Charlton beat Spuds, it is going to be an almighty scramble down there as Fulham could also still drop (again a very similar GD) despite the Beeb saying they are safe (Charlton taking two wins and Fulham losing would put Charlton ahead of Fulham on 39 points on GD). In fact if Charlton do beat Spuds, you've got to fancy them getting a win at Anfield as well as Rafa IS playing the kids (and Bellamy).

Put Chelsea beating the Arse and Mancs, Spuds losing to Charlton and Rovers into the table and next Sunday will be the most exciting end of season day in the Prem's history- 2 clubs scrapping for the title, 6 clubs scrapping for UEFA/Intertoto qualification, 5 clubs fighting to avoid 2 relegation slots. Stir in £500K per place prize money with every club except Watford having at least one £500K at stake and watch those red cards fly!

Of course it is not going to happen that way....

He does. We should sign him on a dodgy deal - we can afford the £5m fine from next years TV money...

This is why West Ham should have been docked points. I'm not having a go at you, far from it, but not penalising the club properly opens the door for all clubs to be improper as the weak FAPL will fine you pathetic amounts, unless you are a small club who they want to get rid of in favour of another London club, possibly... :brfc:

Alternative thinking maybe (and spawned by the LUFC / Boston Utd shennanigins) but if WHU are allowed to cheat / buy / bribe their way into the prem next season then would they have accepted a 10 points deduction instead of the fine for next season?

This is why West Ham should have been docked points. I'm not having a go at you, far from it, but not penalising the club properly opens the door for all clubs to be improper as the weak FAPL will fine you pathetic amounts, unless you are a small club who they want to get rid of in favour of another London club, possibly... :brfc:

You're totally right. The PL have now locked themselves in to handing out relatively minor fines for infringements of this sort and big clubs could now choose to take the risk on players knowing that a small fine is not going to do anything. How much did West Ham make from the Masceherano transfer? They would also make much more than that on a Tevez deal (depending on exactly who owns them).

The feeling of outrage appears widespread on both the WHU and LUFC scams. Maybe 'organised' polls carried out on the web sites of every club in the league with the results correlated and sent to the powers that be might just influence the situation? Nobody appears happy to attract bad PR nowadays.

Liverpool are reported to be lining up a £12m move for Tevez irrespective of West Ham's status.

Wigan's lawyers are said to be looking to attack the Tevez arrangement first. Quite what the status of Tevez is at the moment is wierd- my guess is that West Ham legally hold his registration because they filed the papers and the fact they ripped up their deal with his owners means the owners have said they will go to Court to reassert their rights over him.

By doing so, a load of evidence would come out which might shaft West Ham.

Perhaps West Ham will transfer Tevez to Liverpool and pass back the £12m but it won't be difficult for the FA and EPL to demand open books if they are so-minded.

The feeling of outrage appears widespread on both the WHU and LUFC scams.

I presume you mean calling in the administrators? Nothing changed when Leicester did it, and interestingly no one has even murmered about Boston who, it is alledged waited until they knew their fate yesterday prior to signing the CVA resulting ina 10 point deduction this season, rather than next.

I presume you mean calling in the administrators? Nothing changed when Leicester did it, and interestingly no one has even murmered about Boston who, it is alledged waited until they knew their fate yesterday prior to signing the CVA resulting ina 10 point deduction this season, rather than next.

I did have a small murmur....

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=510613

Archived