BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Fined £5.5m

However it would be a clear breach of rule U.18, on the upside it would only be a fine!

Would it just be a fine though ?

The way this decision and everything else seems to get sorted with the FA and Premier League - the irony would be they would both be found guilty and relegated.

Will be interesting to see who the officials are for the Sheff U and Wigan game as well- Mr Magoo and Blind Pugh (Webb and Devine?)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can imagine Warnock being the sort to put out his academy team plus some 6 year old off the street signed on a years pay-as-you-play deal as goalie in these circumstances :lol:

Wonder if they'll have lasagne the night before the game?

Yeah, but the only problem with that is that Sheff Utd can potentially end up relegated from sundays results...If they get beat off Wigan and W Ham draw then they're down....

As long as UTD do the business, I agree that something should be done to push W Ham out of the division...C'mon Wigan and Blades

Just caught a headline on SSN this morning that Ferguson is going to rest a lot of 1st team players against Chelsea, and then bring them back for the Whammers. Hopefully the cock-er-nee Clarets will be stuffed by the cock-er-nee Reds.

Sheff U pressing for the Tevez enquiry to be reconvened to review the judgement.

Dave Whelan wants to see evidence that both sides to the Tevez agreement repudiated the contract before the Wigan v West Ham game. I suspect he is onto a winner if he relentlessly pursues this line of questioning. I would guess that if Liverpool do grab Tevez in the summer, it is going to be very difficult to do the deal without Joorabchian's involvement. The very fact that Joorabchian is still maintaining that Tevez is only playing for West Ham with his permission makes the Premier League Tribunal's decision look vulnerable.

Whatever happens is going to be ugly. The Premiership will be on its knees praying for the Mancs to race into an unassailable early lead at OT on Sunday and for Heskey not to have a banjo day at Bramall Lane.

A very distasteful side-effect of the WHU case is fans supporting the idea of Sheff Utd and Wigan effectively fixing the game between them. Presuming of course WHU are getting tonked at OT. I can't imagine other circumstances under which any of us would see this as a good thing. There are several permutations of results and relegation on Saturday and the only good thing that can come out of this is if all sides put in exhilerating performances to produce real results.

Just imagine this one. 10 minutes to go and Man Utd score again to go 2-0 up against WHU. A slow paced, pedestrian 0-0 match at Bramhall Lane explodes into life as Wigan three times "burst" through the Sheff defence to win 3-0 in the last ten minutes to send WHU down. Now we might all be delighted at WHU getting their just deserts but any sniff of a "fix" in the Sheff Utd v Wigan match and WHU should be asking for an enquiry and all that follows from that.

We really have to ask what is happening to the beautiful game we all grew up with. PL clubs are effectively brands and franchises, Leeds and Boston openly bending the rules on administration, WHU creating a crisis in the PL, the possibility of Sheff v Wigan being fixed. Liverpool fielding a team that effectively saved Fulham. An uncompetitive league, so many foreign players local talent gets no opportunity, ticket prices to make fans weep. It goes on and on and there is only one place this is going to end - a farcical league won year in, year out by one of three clubs while the rest almost "pay" the fans to turn up. Or maybe we're already there? But then football is a business or so we are told. If so it should be subject to true corporate governance rather than run by the bunch of idiots heading up the FA, PL and the rest. The authorities need to get a grip and stand up to the money men rather than bend over in front of them.

Boston, Leeds and WHU should be kicked out and their respective, previous in WHU's case, directors banned from future involvement in the game. It'll never happen, but it's what should happen.

Paul, I agree.

I feel sickened to the pit that I'd love to see a Jim Devine goal for Wigan at Bramall Lane send West Ham down or the Mancs get a penalty that is dodgy even by OT standards.

Incidentally, it would be fascinating to know if the Prem has put in writing that relegation and fans considerations were ignored when they docked Boro their three points.

:rover: in this day and age,what the premier league must not allow is one game finishing before the other,both games should kick-off at the same time,and the 2nd half must kick-off at the same time,those off us old enough to remenber,will never forget coventry and bristol city playing out a draw at walking pace,after they kicked -off 15 minutes later than sunderland at everton.all the mackems were on the pitch celebrating staying up,but due to jimmy hill and co it was a false dawn,they kicked off late due to crowd congestion :blink::brfc:

Sheff U pressing for the Tevez enquiry to be reconvened to review the judgement.

Dave Whelan wants to see evidence that both sides to the Tevez agreement repudiated the contract before the Wigan v West Ham game. I suspect he is onto a winner if he relentlessly pursues this line of questioning. I would guess that if Liverpool do grab Tevez in the summer, it is going to be very difficult to do the deal without Joorabchian's involvement. The very fact that Joorabchian is still maintaining that Tevez is only playing for West Ham with his permission makes the Premier League Tribunal's decision look vulnerable.

Whatever happens is going to be ugly. The Premiership will be on its knees praying for the Mancs to race into an unassailable early lead at OT on Sunday and for Heskey not to have a banjo day at Bramall Lane.

They have probably already instructed the officials for both games accordingly. ;)

We really have to ask what is happening to the beautiful game we all grew up with. PL clubs are effectively brands and franchises, Leeds and Boston openly bending the rules on administration, WHU creating a crisis in the PL, the possibility of Sheff v Wigan being fixed. Liverpool fielding a team that effectively saved Fulham. An uncompetitive league, so many foreign players local talent gets no opportunity, ticket prices to make fans weep. It goes on and on

Boston, Leeds and WHU should be kicked out and their respective, previous in WHU's case, directors banned from future involvement in the game. It'll never happen, but it's what should happen.

But surely Paul that'll never happen....... it would require strong and honest leadership? <_<

btw I see the PL are posturing and sabre rattling to try and nip any support for legal action in the bud!

Not sure of the legalities but is this not more of a case for UEFA / FIFA intervention rather than the law courts?

A very distasteful side-effect of the WHU case is fans supporting the idea of Sheff Utd and Wigan effectively fixing the game between them. Presuming of course WHU are getting tonked at OT. I can't imagine other circumstances under which any of us would see this as a good thing. There are several permutations of results and relegation on Saturday and the only good thing that can come out of this is if all sides put in exhilerating performances to produce real results.

Just imagine this one. 10 minutes to go and Man Utd score again to go 2-0 up against WHU. A slow paced, pedestrian 0-0 match at Bramhall Lane explodes into life as Wigan three times "burst" through the Sheff defence to win 3-0 in the last ten minutes to send WHU down. Now we might all be delighted at WHU getting their just deserts but any sniff of a "fix" in the Sheff Utd v Wigan match and WHU should be asking for an enquiry and all that follows from that.

We really have to ask what is happening to the beautiful game we all grew up with. PL clubs are effectively brands and franchises, Leeds and Boston openly bending the rules on administration, WHU creating a crisis in the PL, the possibility of Sheff v Wigan being fixed. Liverpool fielding a team that effectively saved Fulham. An uncompetitive league, so many foreign players local talent gets no opportunity, ticket prices to make fans weep. It goes on and on and there is only one place this is going to end - a farcical league won year in, year out by one of three clubs while the rest almost "pay" the fans to turn up. Or maybe we're already there? But then football is a business or so we are told. If so it should be subject to true corporate governance rather than run by the bunch of idiots heading up the FA, PL and the rest. The authorities need to get a grip and stand up to the money men rather than bend over in front of them.

You are so right Paul! That is precisely the feeling that I have had for some time now. It seems to me that the EPL and probably the whole of "top tier" football worldwide is heading for becoming one big money making scam from a supporters point of view. There is already far too much involvement of big money and media manipulation. All the small clubs are regarded as sacrificial victims for the big teams to beat on their way to winning everything worth winning in the game. This has been the case in Scotland for years with Rangers and Celtic winning everything, but in the Scottish case there is a big difference. It is not big money influence that has created the situation there (although it may be heading that way now). No, the cause in Scotland is two fold; firstly the sheer size of Glasgow and it's population added to the sectarian situation that virtually polarizes Scottish football supporters into following one or other of their "icons" The remainder of the clubs in Scotland are left to pick up the scraps of the remaining supporters that refuse to go down this road; hence the level of attendances that you can all see recorded in the press each week, and the parlous state of Scottish football.

Don't allow it to happen in England! The supporters there MUST find a way to make their voices heard and if it means the big money interests taking fright and clearing off elswhere, then I say "Good riddance!. Go away and do it somewhere else, and give us back our beloved game".

You are so right Paul! That is precisely the feeling that I have had for some time now. It seems to me that the EPL and probably the whole of "top tier" football worldwide is heading for becoming one big money making scam from a supporters point of view. There is already far too much involvement of big money and media manipulation. All the small clubs are regarded as sacrificial victims for the big teams to beat on their way to winning everything worth winning in the game. .

Don't allow it to happen in England! The supporters there MUST find a way to make their voices heard and if it means the big money interests taking fright and clearing off elswhere, then I say "Good riddance!. Go away and do it somewhere else, and give us back our beloved game".

Indeed FR, and something that has been raised as a concern by many on this MB over the last couple of seasons, to which me and Paul have been active and voiced our opinions numerous times in one way or another

Paul - although not right maybe a ' match fix' is maybe what is required for the Sheff U v Wigan just to highlight the whole shaboodle of incompetence of the people that run the game and what it leads too.

However, you have to blame the clubs themselves in this matter re the money as that is the medium they employ and sign upto , in that they are quite happy to reap the rewards when all is well but not when the brownstuff hits the fan. In addition us as fans, not all I add, who pay the silly price of tickets and over the odds for everything else related to the game - tonights game a perfect example - £36 for a Thursday night game - get real.

Everything about the game stinks - so much to the extent it is not a 'BEAUTIFUL GAME' anymore.

The question has to be - can it be saved?

Paul - although not right maybe a ' match fix' is maybe what is required for the Sheff U v Wigan just to highlight the whole shaboodle of incompetence of the people that run the game and what it leads too.

I understand exactly what you say Capt but how can this ever be acceptable? Should there be the slightest sniff of wrong-doing in this match both clubs will have to be hauled over the coals. If two clubs engineer a result over releagtion where does that leave us? Everyhting becomes questionable. I'm not suggesting either club is planning this but with perhaps £60m at stake (this is the estimated reward for promotion so i presume is the loss for relegation) what is one to think? The temptation must be enormous.

The one shining light here is Alex Ferguson - never thought I'd say that - I think he's an honest man who will be very aware of the situation and will send out his top side to celebrate the Championship and hopefully slaughter West Ham in the process. As football fans we all need United to win by a cricket score on Sunday.

I understand exactly what you say Capt but how can this ever be acceptable? Should there be the slightest sniff of wrong-doing in this match both clubs will have to be hauled over the coals. If two clubs engineer a result over releagtion where does that leave us? Everyhting becomes questionable. I'm not suggesting either club is planning this but with perhaps £60m at stake (this is the estimated reward for promotion so i presume is the loss for relegation) what is one to think? The temptation must be enormous.

The one shining light here is Alex Ferguson - never thought I'd say that - I think he's an honest man who will be very aware of the situation and will send out his top side to celebrate the Championship and hopefully slaughter West Ham in the process. As football fans we all need United to win by a cricket score on Sunday.

Agree wholeheatedly Paul and I have no doubt either of Sheff Utd or Wigan would do this

Just feel Sheff Utd will beat Wigan though regardless of what Man Utd do

Just feel Sheff Utd will beat Wigan though regardless of what Man Utd do

I imagine there will be a live update of the Old Trafford score being passed to Brammal Lane fairly regularly.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Wigan score a late winner should the score at Old Trafford be comfortable.

I imagine there will be a live update of the Old Trafford score being passed to Brammal Lane fairly regularly.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Wigan score a late winner should the score at Old Trafford be comfortable.

And I'd be delighted if it happened.

Surely match-fixing is a worse offence than fielding an ineligible player?

Juve got docked a title and relegated for it.

So you want West Ham to stay up do you? Or are you just being pious for the sake of it?

:rover: match fixing is ten times worse than feilding a player who is owned by a company rather than a team,i really want westspam down,but they have done wonders to get out off the relegation bottom three.what is worse liverpoo get away scottfree for fielding a weakened team at foolham,talk about the fa love team :angry::brfc:

what is worse liverpoo get away scottfree for fielding a weakened team at foolham,talk about the fa love team :angry::brfc:

Liverpool should do what's best for Liverpool Football Club and it's fans. If resting players at the weekend helps them in the Champions League final, and they are prepared to risk losing a league placing in order to do that then it is their choice.

Back on topic, should West Ham lose and Wigan/Sheff Utd draw, the West Ham will stop up by the 2 points they gained at Ewood for the 'offside / didnt cross the line ' goal. :angry:

Liverpool should do what's best for Liverpool Football Club and it's fans. If resting players at the weekend helps them in the Champions League final, and they are prepared to risk losing a league placing in order to do that then it is their choice.

:rover: if thats the case utd could play the same team as last night and stuff wigan/sheff utd,but at least fergie knows the league wether it is the top 4 or bottom 4 is sacralige and is going all out to beat westspam,the chumpions league final was 3 weeks away last weekend,liverpoo are a disgrace :angry::brfc:

Archived