BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Preview

It's never easy at St James Park,so i'll be more than hapy with a 1-0 win for Rovers.

We owe them a beating after that shambles of a game at Ewood park.How did we play so awful for 45 mins, then come out ,and run them off the park.

I just want to see Rovers get the goal difference out of the minus.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to this trip.... going to Whitley Bay Friday, then round Newcastle Saturday after the game, back Sunday

Bring it on!!

Do you know where I can get some decent ear plugs? Industrial strength if possible..... them Geordies are LOUD!

tbh I wasn't impressed at all with the 'mighty' geordies last season when I went up there. They occasionally moaned about sack the board or souness. So you don't need any earpluggs at all cos they will go quiet, and probably turn against they're own team, once Rovers have scored once or twice.

newcastle are below us in the league, but it is always tough going to st james's park. I have said for a few weeks now that our chances of qualifying for europe via the 7th spot in the league, are long gone. with that in mind i am still hoping that we can get something from the game, maybe a point...but hopefully we can do the business and come home with 3.

You can be certain Owen will score at some stage. Equally, if we fail to score I'll be very suprised.

I'm looking forward to my day out in the Toon and watching live football 'Sensible Soccer Style' for only £32. Bargain.

Looking forward to this trip.... going to Whitley Bay Friday, then round Newcastle Saturday after the game, back Sunday

Bring it on!!

Do you know where I can get some decent ear plugs? Industrial strength if possible..... them Geordies are LOUD!

SS - You only need ear plugs at Sid James's Park for the kick-off, when they do that daft HOWAAAAYYYY........ after that, its pretty much like watching footy in a library from my experiences, especially if we score early doors.

We too are out on the toon after the game - check out Popolos, its the best bar in the North of England.

Whitley on friday............hmmmmmm :unsure: !

One love BRFC

This is my summer holiday. Leaving for Knaresbrough Friday lunchtime, staying over night with family. Then Newcastle on Saturday morning, via Gormleys Angel, then staying Saturday and Sunday here.

Back to Lancs on Monday.

As for the match, a point means we cannot be overtaken by the Jawdees, but I reckon we have enough to beat them up 2 or 3 nil. Get Benni and Jay running around a bit and Dunnie for first goalscorer. Am taking my binoculars along for the match.

the royal station is a dead nice hotel, my sister and cousin have both stayed there and liked it....there's some dead nice bars round the station as well, the best being the head of steam (literallly over the road) and forth (go up the alley next to the subway near the station)...coco v's also isn't too bad....town is hella busy on a saturday night, especially after a game...if yr looking for a club then academy is probably yr best bet (about 3 mins walk from the station) cos it plays decent indie/rock/etc as well as having a few bands on...everything else will be pretty pricey to get into and DEFINATELY aviod the big market (the street with the big pizza hut on near the station)...for food walk down to the quayside as there are some really nice restaurants down that end.

Getting the metro out to Jesmond might also be an idea, there's ###### loads of bars down the main road there which are all pretty nice, albeit pricier than town.

i'm well lookng forward to the game, my folks and sister are coming up for it...should see a rover's win mainly due to the insane injuries that newc have....giving me bragging rights over oh so many of my mates

check out http://www.pubsnewcastle.co.uk/ for a nice little guide on what to do...

This is my summer holiday. Leaving for Knaresbrough Friday lunchtime, staying over night with family. Then Newcastle on Saturday morning, via Gormleys Angel, then staying Saturday and Sunday here.

Back to Lancs on Monday.

As for the match, a point means we cannot be overtaken by the Jawdees, but I reckon we have enough to beat them up 2 or 3 nil. Get Benni and Jay running around a bit and Dunnie for first goalscorer. Am taking my binoculars along for the match.

[/quote

see you down the Bigg Market then Ozz!!!!

Back to Lancs on Monday.

see you down the Bigg Market then Ozz!!!!

Fraid not Micheal, I am dining here on Saturday evening.

Another match we probably can't win. And because I'm in a positive mood, I go for a 2-2 draw. There are goals in this tie, that's for sure. Nelsen (ow yeah!) and Benni to score. Bentley MotM, 2-0 down @ half time. We'll see!

At least it is nice to see "Lawro" (since when did that crappy nickname come into being?) backing us to win.

Nah just kidding...he goes for the opposition as usual.

"It has been the same old story for Newcastle again this season. Yes they have had injuries but they are just not good enough defensively. Their best players are attackers and they have often got the team out of a jam.

But, with Michael Owen fit again, I'll tip them to get a win in their last home game of the season as I think Blackburn find St James' Park a difficult place to visit. Prediction: 2-0"

Unfortunately for once I agree with him. Newcastle are rubbish and Rovers like to lose to rubbish teams. At least away from home.

Losses this season at Charlton, West Ham and Watford seem to bear this particular theory out.

Two nil to the "best supported team in the world"TM and an Owen double.

Good preview Col...enjoyed it.

Considering a last minute trip - Rovers official site says you can't buy after this afternoon. Anyone know if you can buy from NUFC ticket office tomorrow for the away end? :brfc:

very very much doubt it

ive got a junior for this one, and even thats expensive

jeez what do kids get paid for doing paper rounds these days pfft

Archived