BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Preview

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very uncomfortable that was. I stayed as they walked the tiniest lap ever to a crucendo of booing. Once that died down, many inc. me giving half hearted claps to a few of the players like Butt, Emre, Milner & Taylor. Plenty of tickets thrown on te pitch (last game, whoopdeedo) and I did see a couple of shirts as well.

Music to my ears! :lol:

Only saw the second half, my usual venue had apparently received a warning letter against showing ART. :unsure:

Seemed a routine enough victory against a very poor Newcastle side. MGP missed a sitter around the hour mark which would have made it even more comfortable.

Samba's clearance off the line from Owen was unbelievable. Catch it on MOTD later!.

Thought he was awesome again, everything seemed to hit him. At one point he obviously decided discretion was the better part of valour and hoofed the ball to safety straight up in the air in fairly agricultural fashion.

An old timer watching next to me said "Jack Charlton used to clear the ball like that. And he used to do it rather well." :)

Having lived in Newc for 8 years this was all the sweeter to read.

Very funny to see how 'big' they think their club is. I think the Mackems will get 6 points from them next season.

Where are they going to end up finishing? Possibly 15th if the results don't go their way next weekend :D:lol:

We seemed to have played well. It is a shame that we've left it so late to make a charge for the European spots, but hopefully we can still get it (I suppose after yesterday's results a top 7 spot has become realistic and one more good set of results and we'll be right in there). However, with the side showing what it is capable of and a few of the players really improving recently, it makes me really optimistic for next season and with a couple of good additions we could have one hell of a side.

The delusion of the Newcastle fans is boundless.

They dismiss our little club but would swap their record over the past 15 years for their's without a second thought. That thread reminds me just how much better Rovers' MBs are than virtually any other club's.

Anyway, there is a board meeting sacking Roeder going on up at St James' Park.

Incidentally, I thought Sir Bobby Robson looked desperately unwell sat next to Fat Freddie yesterday. Sad news today is that he has gone into hospital for more chemotherapy.

The delusion of the Newcastle fans is boundless.

They dismiss our little club but would swap their record over the past 15 years for their's without a second thought. That thread reminds me just how much better Rovers' MBs are than virtually any other club's.

Anyway, there is a board meeting sacking Roeder going on up at St James' Park.

Incidentally, I thought Sir Bobby Robson looked desperately unwell sat next to Fat Freddie yesterday. Sad news today is that he has gone into hospital for more chemotherapy.

I know what you mean. Some of them could barely string a sentence together! From my experience of living there, their ability to write on MBs is very similar to their ability to conduct a sensible conversation about football!

I watched the highlights on MOTD rather than Sky but we looked pretty dominant. Newcastle did get in amongst us but never really created anything clear. Roberts is finally coming good and proving himself to be a quality forward while Benni's goals clearly mark him as a class goal-scorer. Bentley however ruled the game once more-what a player.

Samba was something else yesterday! Unbelievable clearance on the line from Owen. How he was able to read it and get there is bordering on the miraculous. Also a special mention for Mokoena is due IMHO. This player has improved dramatically over the last few weeks, and on the official site he puts it down to having a decent run in the team. I think the time has come to stop calling him the Axe, and for us all to admit that he too was another gem of a find by MH.

Samba was something else yesterday! Unbelievable clearance on the line from Owen. How he was able to read it and get there is bordering on the miraculous. Also a special mention for Mokoena is due IMHO. This player has improved dramatically over the last few weeks, and on the official site he puts it down to having a decent run in the team. I think the time has come to stop calling him the Axe, and for us all to admit that he too was another gem of a find by MH.

If we do that fife who will be our scapegoat. We are running desperatley low on them. Bert threw the whole thing wide open by coming out this season with Mk2. We HAVE to have someone.

If we do that fife who will be our scapegoat. We are running desperatley low on them. Bert threw the whole thing wide open by coming out this season with Mk2. We HAVE to have someone.

I suppose we could blame Grooby? Or Tugay's Invisible Friend for just taking off, leaving us with only 11 men on the pitch.

Well, we certainley passed the Owen FACTOR hype, and shut up the supporters and it was payback time after the farce at Ewood Park.Looking at Newcastle on recent form,they are very lucky to be in the prem next season.I think there's only Wigan playing worse football than them at the moment in the Prem.The face onFat Feddy yesterday lol,it's only a matter of time before the rat is kicked out at St James Park.I wonder if Big Sam will become the next scape goat at Newcastle.If he's left Bolton for them, then he's mad.

Owen just isn't fit enough yet,but I wish him well for an England return,we need him,and spare a thought for another ex England and Newcastle manager, Bobby Robson, after bein g diagnosed for cancer again.

Nice to see Benni bag another goal, and keep within three 4 goals in the leading scorers table, only 3rd to Drogba and Ronaldho(lets hope we can hold onto him next season).

All in all, a great day,I'm happy, and europe is definitley still on after Bolton Reading getting beat.Who would of thought, that if we beat Spurs then we can finish a point above bolton ,depending on the final days results.

Saw Samba's goal line clearance on MOTD last night.

Very unusual of Brad to come out and mis-time his challenge like that. Once he commits himself by coming out of goal he invariably times it right.

Samba's clearance was very Colin Hendryesque I thought!

Saw Samba's goal line clearance on MOTD last night.

I watched Football First and rather liked the trail of bodies Samba kept carelessly leaving lying around as he passed through!

I watched Football First and rather liked the trail of bodies Samba kept carelessly leaving lying around as he passed through!

Yeah, like when Martins tried to shoulder barge him but bounced off and fell on his arse :lol:

Deserved victory, we were the best side by far and Newcastle looked worse than under the Souness era - desperate times indeed!

My mates are season ticket holders and a lot of them are not renewing next season and were not even keen on going yesterday, I think using twisted logic they are happy to get beat if it means Roeder leaving.

Anyway back to us and I was impressed with our general play, Samba has been a revelation since he came and Roberts has started to add a finish to his game.

If we keep the majority of our current first teamers and add a few quaity additions I am very hopeful for next season!

Didn't even need a handball this time. Alwys good to beat the North East branch of 'The Best Fans in England Ltd.' Just had a look on their equivilent to here, and the cheeky chimps are lobbing their poo at the manager and chairman again. Last season Roeder was a genius when they won a few games after Souness left, now look at him. Allardyce would need to be sectioned if he considers taking that job.

Saw it on football 1st, and it looked like whenever Newcastle looked like they'd be putting a good move together, a midfielder would blindly pass to a Rovers player.

He does deserve praise, but the axe is a nickname he had before he came here so I don't think it would be right of us to take it away from him because he's playing well, he must quite like it.

Yes I noticed that too Mum. Can't remember off-hand who it was now, but one of the Newc's came flying in just as Samba was having a nice leisurely dribble out of the area with the ball. He simply bounced off Samba and fell to the ground like he had been shot! :lol:

Toon fans we spoke to yesterday were totally fed up. Before match they were very realistic about their teams chances and those interviewed for local radio all reckoned they'd lose. After the match they were even more condemnatory but one thing they were sure about was that they don't want allardyce. One even had the cheek to ask if they could have Mark Hughes! Samba was his usual legend like self yesterday (I know you usually have to play for a while to reach that status but he is exceptionally entertaining) and Bentley and Warnock were superb. Hope that the knocks the lads took yesterday were not too serious.

Archived