BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Preview

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is seriously nothing better then a good old end of season Geordie BOOOO. Music to my ears, better then any opera, at half time, full time, during the lap of honour and of course at random sporadic moments during the game :lol:

Dont feel sorry for them 1 iota, i dont care how many fans they have, teams with 2 million catchment areas should have a lot!

Anyways, good comfortable performance from the boys, great to see the usual suspects on the scoresheet again as well. Onwards and upwards :rover:

I haven't seen the footage nor spoken to anyone who was at the game. The impression i get from the press is that we wern't very good. Just the barcode were proper poor.

Am i paranoid OR even when we do well the national dismiss ourplay and put it down to others poor performances?

I haven't seen the footage nor spoken to anyone who was at the game. The impression i get from the press is that we wern't very good. Just the barcode were proper poor.

Am i paranoid OR even when we do well the national dismiss ourplay and put it down to others poor performances?

Well newcastle were very poor to be honest. And we were good if not really outstanding.

Perhaps we don't quite get the credit we deserve- after the semi final I thought we should have got a lot more praise for matching the champions in every department and ultimately being unlucky to lose. But also there is a bit of a paranoia complex at Rovers. We have been praised before after excellent performances.

We did enough to win-Newcastle had three chances

-Dyers header, which Brad dealt with well but would have very disappointed to let in.

-Owens snap shot from outside the box, which went over-could have gone anywhere.

-Owens shot cleared by Stretch Armstrong off the line.

We scored two, had two chalked off and MGP should have scored two.

Comfy win really.

All our players, even those like Emerton who had a relatively poor game against Newcastle's best player on Saturday, looked like they wanted to play for us and win if possible. The Newcastle players for the most part looked like they might have swimming shorts on under their kit and would get on a plane straight after the match if it hadn't been for the need to turn out again next week. It was the lack of motivation and interest that most annoyed the Geordie fans we spoke to. They could have coped if their team had just played rubbish but they reckoned they weren't trying and hadn't tried much for some time.

Your spot on 3rdpillar - thats the angle they all seem to take, thats the challenge, Rovers face and i'm absolutely sure Mark Hughes and the boys would relish the challenge to conquer England footballing elite..... AGAIN and WIN.

Line em up and bring em on!

Did anyone else hear the comments made by Fat Freddie about Michael Owen to a group of scousers? Just been on Radio 1 and on YouTube, a group of Liverpool fans asked Freddie if they could have Owen back for £9m and recorded his reply on their mobile phones. Very funnily he said that he would 'f***ing carry him back to them', the guy's a complete moron unless he knows Owen has already told them he's off....click here

Newcastle have issued a respone to it on their official web site

Archived