BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gunnar Nielsen

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, but it doesn't seem to be. Sky sports says we are likely to make an offer for Faroe Islands goalkeeper (not sure if that means he's their national keeper or just from there or in the squad) 20 year old Gunnar Nielsen. He had a trial at Ewood and we were apparently fairly impressed. Enckelman is out of contract in the summer...if this goes through I expect Pete will leave, freeing up wages and giving us young backups to Brad.

Potential deal for young keeper

Seems fansfc, of all places, had the scoop on him coming for a trial a few days ago. They usually just make things up...

Is he an Arsenal fan ?

Wouldn't know!!! (But har har) This guy appears to be well below the radar, another obscure spot by Hughesy. Wikipedia has nothing, and google revealed largely very different Gunnar Nielsens (Although there was one article, in whatever they speak in the Faroes methinks, but I don't speak it)

On a goalkeeping note, the Academy has signed up the German u-16 keeper who recently went through an international tournament to the final without conceding a goal. Apparently eight top teams around Europe were chasing him.

Simply because I am bored at work I decided to go through American's past posts because I couldn't sleep knowing that I stole another man's joke. After sifting through 10 pages I couldn't find it, so either American is a closet Nelson fan or he said it so long ago that the statute of limitations allows the joke to become my own.

As for the Triumph avatar, all I know is that I changed mine the day the mods updated the system. I can't help that Triumph's comedy has inspired other posters, but because I value blue/whites opinion of me I have since changed it to the less "edgy" Kermit.

I take it back American you made mention of it on April 29th although I added a visual to it for better comedic effect. I am truly sorry. And here I was thinking you were just a bitter Winger fan.

I like the Kermit picture actually, he's made an effort for a change.

However, in a certain light that could be viewed as a claret coloured tie that he's wearing - the dirty green dingle barsteward.

• 5 months later...

By all reports he's been steady since a bad debut. The fact that he's playing for the Faroes Isle U21 means that he's coming up against good opposition and having a lot of practice. Something that can't be said for most young keepers coming through who haven't been able to make loan moves.

And a nice save in that Benni v Bents feature the Beeb did...

Archived