BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last I heard he was still training with Bolton in an attempt to keep his fitness up...could well be wrong by now mind.

That was certainly the case when my son served him in IKEA Warrington a few weeks ago

I heard from a Carlisle fan that he couldn't sign and play for anyone until the end of this season due to insurance purposes. After that he'll sign for Carlisle.

Or Man U or Chelski :rover:

He was out there training with them but they sacked the manager and it all changed.

It was Mo Johnston who got the boot, they replaced him with master tactician Bruce Arena soon after he was fired by US Soccer.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't say it should be too hard for MAtt to break into Carlisle's first team. One lad they signed from Morcambe with 8 goals to his name in like 30 games. He should be able to form a link with striker Danny Graham who scored 7 goals in 11 appearances for the Cumbrians last season.

Good luck Matty and hope it works out well for you son.

Yeah shame they didn't give him a contract. I understand he's only training with them, and is still a free agent.

Correct at this moment, however they were interested in making him a member of the squad. Only problem may be his wage demands, although given he can't get a club that may no longer be an issue.

Archived