BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roeder Sacked

Fat Freddie and Fat Sam! That's a partnership made in Heaven if ever there was one.

I wonder how long that will last?

Until the pies run out

having a second look at the betting, maybe Fat Fred has some money on O'Leary to try and recoup some of that debt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is quite a long time.

The last decent manager they had was Sir Bobby Robson, and he got five years at it. Since then they've had Souness and Roeder...not a surprise that they haven't lasted really.

As Scotty mentioned earlier, it's a great job for the right manager. They always back their managers with funds and still manage to attract big names despite constant failure (Owen, Duff, Martins etc). They have great attacking options, who better than Big Sam to rid them of defensive errors at the back?

I think it will take him more than one season to get there, but I think Newcastle can get close to the big four should Allardyce take over. For the record, I also think they'd reach that level if Hughes was given the job.

Yeah and look how they rewarded Robson for gettng them to the top 4!!! As others have said the major problem they have is Shephered, whilst he is there they will always underachieve.

My guess is quite a long time.

The last decent manager they had was Sir Bobby Robson, and he got five years at it. Since then they've had Souness and Roeder...not a surprise that they haven't lasted really.

As Scotty mentioned earlier, it's a great job for the right manager. They always back their managers with funds and still manage to attract big names despite constant failure (Owen, Duff, Martins etc). They have great attacking options, who better than Big Sam to rid them of defensive errors at the back?

I think it will take him more than one season to get there, but I think Newcastle can get close to the big four should Allardyce take over. For the record, I also think they'd reach that level if Hughes was given the job.

Why do you think they will 'get close to the big four'? Because they have big crowds? I was at Sid James on saturday and they were CRAP.

42 points tells the story - they will never be a force. You are getting swept along with all the 'sleeping giant' nonsense.

Maybe you think Leeds should be challenging the big four too? :unsure:

One Love - BRFC

I'm confident Hughes won't leave us now. He is only a couple of signings away from having created a very solid team who could win something next season.

A position that we have frequently been in in the past ..... only to see a couple of our star players making for the exit door during the close season. Apart from the early Walker years one step forward two steps back has usually been the BRFC norm in the past, so all credit to Sparky's eye for low cost talent for making it two forward and one back these past couple of seasons. :rover:

Archived