BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs V Rovers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be one of the games of the season. Both strikeforces on fire, solid defense lines, innovative midfield. It's gonna be one heck of a battle. But we need to do it. And we can. C'MON ROVERS

Mr Jol will have Spuds up for this game to cement their place in UEFA, poor form in London this season for Rovers, cannot see us winning. Their defence has been leaky though so 2-2 , Berbatov / Defoe and Benni x2.

1. Spurs always give us trouble. Keane ALWAYS scores against us. Little fat buckethead.

2. London is not our place

3. We can play almost perfect, and still lose due to strange referee decisions (remember the 3-2 last year, R. Keane handball for sure, throw-in that led to the goal that wasn't a throw-in)

4. We've never ever won a night away-game.

Time to change all these stereotypes:

Tottenham - 1 ('44, R. Keane)

Blackburn - 1 ('68, Roberts)

Not enough to get us into Europe though :(

Whilst I agree that Keane is a pest, the later comment is a strange one, and I can only think your talking about recent years because I seem to remember being present at wins at Anfield, Grimsby, Deepdale and Bolton, all of which were of an evening. Having said that, on the couple of occasions I've been to Spurs when it's been a night time kick off we seem to have been defeated - 2-1 on both occasions if memory serves me correct. Jack Straw's cronies made me move during one of those matches too. Nice chicken burgers though. Hmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Mr Jol will have Spuds up for this game to cement their place in UEFA, poor form in London this season for Rovers, cannot see us winning. Their defence has been leaky though so 2-2 , Berbatov / Defoe and Benni x2.

A lot of people have been posting about Tottenham's leaky defence, and I agree. But, and this is a monster BUT, they have been playing without Ledley King. Arguably one of the absolute best central defenders in the Premiership. He's been injured most of the season, but he has now returned to action. With him in there they are a different side at the back. For the sake of discussion Therry Henry (though I despise him) once called him the best centre half in the Premiership, by no means a small thing coming from that man.

Was it not 0-2? Curbs last game?

Think Philipl may be talking about the Carling cup game where we came back from 2-0 down to score 3 in the last 15 mins :) What a game! Think that may have been a mid-week thing.

(to the tune of knick knack paddy whack) "two nil down, three two up. We knocked Charlton out the cup..."

I'm nervous already! Not making a prediction... just praying we perform better than we have in the capital so far this season - the last game we won down here was this time last year at Charlton, when we also had to win. Come on Rovers!

Hi guys, just got home from work to find the ticket came in the post this morning and am a bit worried. On the ticket it gives the date of the game as Monday April the 9th with a 3pm kick off(which, i think, was when the original game was scheduled for) Any one else got this on theirs? and do you guys reckon i'll still be able to get in?

A lot of people have been posting about Tottenham's leaky defence, and I agree. But, and this is a monster BUT, they have been playing without Ledley King. Arguably one of the absolute best central defenders in the Premiership.

Ledley is definately one of the best when fit, but if monday's game go as an evidence I think he might yet be some way of his old self. If not totally fit, it might be a tough call to have to play against top form Roberts.

Other thing is that if they have to field Gardner as their left back, it's going to be a major advantage for us. He has looked very clumsy and 'uncomposed' in the few games I've seen. Definately their 'soft belly' when on the pitch so it could turn out to be a good night for Bentley!

So I anticipate goals will be scored. They probably get one or two as well so should be entertaining. Just hope that it isn't going to ruined by cheap penalties/red cards like the last game against them...

Hi guys, just got home from work to find the ticket came in the post this morning and am a bit worried. On the ticket it gives the date of the game as Monday April the 9th with a 3pm kick off(which, i think, was when the original game was scheduled for) Any one else got this on theirs? and do you guys reckon i'll still be able to get in?

Have just checked my ticket now that you've said that and mine is showing May 10th!

kidding!

It's got 9th April on the front. Had not noticed before. I guess they had already printed the tickets when it got cancelled.

In the corporate box for this one - hopefully I get thrown out for celebrating a rare Rovers win in London.

Think some folk on here are under-estimating how good Spurs can be at home.

This game has featured as the last game or last away game in recent seasons and we have had a bit of a party atmosphere with balloons and things being thrown around.

Any plans for something like that this time or is that not conducive to a Thursday night away game?

There is a pub near Northumberland Park train station, which I think is called the park. To get there you need to change at Tottenham Hale however I am sure a cab from Seven Sisters will be cheap enough.

Hebergebeghbeggebhhebggehhhbggbbherbgehhehh, do you have my number?

Will get it, I'm meeting up with a fellow Norwegian and then probably head wherever you are going.

Herb (erehgehgehghegh)

Anyone else on the 1315 train from Manchester?

......and the rare old sight of a bloke `back scuttling` a willing female companion in an alley way in Newcastle town centre on a Sunday night,

A valid tactic when

1. The woman you met at last orders has a face that would scare a police horse.

2. You are looking for some way to pass the time when your partner is chucking up after too much to drink.

....... err I'm told........ :rolleyes:

Could see us getting a draw here to be honest - lets hope benni gets a few 2night. wouldnt it nice for him to be top scorer in the premiership. when was the last time Blackburn had a player finished as top scorer.

Prediction Spurs 1 - Rovers 1 (Jenas, McCarthy)

when was the last time Blackburn had a player finished as top scorer.

chris sutton finished as joint top-scorer, 17, with owen and dublin, in 97/98.

wouldnt it be fantastic, if we could pip 'wanky wanderers' to 7th ? to do that we need a win.

spurs 0-1 rovers, pedersen (sizeable odds too!)

Spurs are struggling for a left back at the moment - Gardner played there for the second half at Charlton. I'd be pleased to see Bentley and Bert running at that lanky Donkey!

Ditto...If we are to get something from this game then this is perhaps our best option. He always strikes me as an error prone defender and with Bents running at him I can see him making a few mistakes.

Spurs 1 Rovers 3

Archived