BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs. Reading

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame about the sieve-like defense today.....

Not to be the lone pessimistic in the thread-- but I'm a bit

off on the 'toto cup as physically it presses the lads a bit early doors

and I can see the squad with many niggling injuries during the early part of the

season.....

hope i'm just talking out my arse. <_<

I have the utmost faith in Sparky and his backroom, but I hope they

haven't overlooked that small detail -- Finishing in 10th, Rovers had a great season,

but I cannot help but rue that Premiership dryspell during and right after our European

adventure that caused our participation in another continental venture....

shame that.

If they're to look back on the concluded campiagn there were many, many results

that Sparky's Rovers and their faithful would die to reverse --- jeez, do we have to go

any further than the 5 dropped points to the Stinger-less Hornets and other 'Lazarus

acts that Rovers' have allowed this season?

Anyway, there's no point to such thinking at this point. Later today I will toast Rovers

strong campiagn and for Sparky's good health and continued presence.

Cheers all.

b/w

Only drawing didn't cost us- we would have needed a 4 goal margin to have changed places with Reading.

Good to see us scoring (sublime pass by Benni to set up the second) but what was happening at the back? Reading's second equaliser looked to be as bad a defensive goal as conceded by any Prem club this season.

Guest shoppybrfc

How did Nonda play to anyone at the match? bearing in mind he hadnt started for a long time.

We did what we needed to do. It was essential that the club had a chance to be back in the UEFA cup and we've done it in the least impressive of fashions, but it works. Hopefully next season will be a great improvement on what was a season that promise much but produced little, but it was still very enjoyable.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this season was just going to wither away with us thinking about how close we were to the cup final and whether McCarthy is gonna do a Bellamy BUT NOW WE'RE IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!

OK, it's only the Intertoto but that is a route to the City of Manchester Stadium where we could now actually get to.

Come on Rovers! :rover::lol:

Archived