BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs. Reading

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this season was just going to wither away with us thinking about how close we were to the cup final and whether McCarthy is gonna do a Bellamy BUT NOW WE'RE IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!

OK, it's only the Intertoto but that is a route to the City of Manchester Stadium where we could now actually get to.

Come on Rovers! :rover::lol:

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten the yoofa final is there next season.

It would be just like Rovers to go all the way when the final is 20 miles down the road in deepest Gunchester!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloody hell, I'd forgotten the yoofa final is there next season.

It would be just like Rovers to go all the way when the final is 20 miles down the road in deepest Gunchester!

That would ensure a fair bit of moaning from opposition fans!

Today's game was spoiled for me by the awful refereeing. Reading's players are big and strong and made the most of it. Yet they were given free kicks and 50/50s all over the place. And you could see the ref was itching to book Benni and managed it in the end. :angry:

Never mind. Well done lads, here's to next season.

I quite enjoyed the game - good goals, mickey mouse defending and still possible UEFA cup via the Intertoto route. Good atmosphere, good banter and where do Reading get their inflatables? - a huge JCB and what looked like a large pink pencil or something similiar - I was in the the BBE - perhaps I do need glasses.

Hope the players enjoy the short summer break and hope several players arrive for what will be a long season next year.

A fine goalfest finish from Ewood Park, The REAL Theatre of Dreams !

Rovers fans cannot grumble, we have had a marvellous season. Why bother whingeing about todays game ? Alls well that ends well and a top 10 finish after a fine forage into Europe is reward for a season of pure hard graft. If only our injuury problems had been on a lesser scale !

I am not one bit worried about the continual garbage spouted in the press, the transfer headlines and exclusives. I am a little concerned though at next years African Nations Cup. Rovers stand to lose Benni, Samba, Nonda and The Axe for up to 6 weeks of the most important part of the season.

For me today was about thanking Rovers for the great season we have had. With a little tinkering Rovers can be a real top 6 force next season.

So long Mickey Gray, Todd, Enckleman and probably 3 or 4 part time players/reserves.

Glad to see Bentley nominated Player of the season, fully deserved.

Glad to see yet another performance of calibre from The Axe, he really has been marvellous in the last 5 or 6 games. Like him or loathe him, noone can argue otherwise.

So its the summer break, cricket, cricket and cricket, England games and holidays before preseason arrives in errrrr about 8 weeks !

have a nice summer everyone and see you all next year.

ps and finally, did anyone else notice the small print in the season ticket credit documents ? A whopping 143 quid in interest over 12 months !!

:brfc:

Good game for an end of season, I know readings third was coming cos it was a dodgry free kick to start with. Teams score on us a lot from questionable decisions. Ever notice now how few free kicks we get in good position, seems like since Gamst burst on the scene they are few and far between. Anyone offer an explanation for that.

Also what was the argy bargy about between Hunt and Toogs, missed it in the telly and they would not show a replay, I assumed cos it was Hunt's fault, when it's Rovers they show 'em over and over. Still I'd like to know what happened.

Overall an outstanding season considering all we've been through with injuries and the men in the middle.

Proud of this lil town team that no one wants playing with the big boys. The audacity, I love it.

Also what was the argy bargy about between Hunt and Toogs, missed it in the telly and they would not show a replay, I assumed cos it was Hunt's fault, when it's Rovers they show 'em over and over. Still I'd like to know what happened.

Pure speculation, but I think Hunt took exception to Toog's trick of being as far away from the dugout as possible just before being subbed. Today his opposite-side-of-the-pitch routine was even more amusing as he'd been all of 5 yards from the point of substitution as Dunny was walking to the touchline - and in a blink of the eye he was the opposite side of the pitch!

He had his back to the bench and was pretending to do up his boots and Hunt went over and pushed him to try and gert him off the pitch quicker.

Does anyone know what Bently was giving out in the lap of honour? He seemed to come on with a sack.

He had his back to the bench and was pretending to do up his boots and Hunt went over and pushed him to try and gert him off the pitch quicker.

Does anyone know what Bently was giving out in the lap of honour? He seemed to come on with a sack.

His away shirts

Legend, our Toogs! Loved the way he and his little girl were enjoying the adulation of the fans in the centre of the pitch after the players' walkabout, she was copying him!

Looked as if Dave had a bag of kit that he was dishing out.

Good game today, although we should've won it.

- The whole defense played well (although having said that we did conceed 3 from set plays)

- Emerton finished the season as he started - brilliant forward runs

- Ref was rubbish again. I can't remember a 50/50 which Rovers were given. This happens too often to us for their not to be a referees agenda as far as rovers are concerned.

- We have finished bottom of the fair play league for the THIRD YEAR RUNNING, I think we are still being treated like the team of 3 years ago, when now we are no where near as rough.

- Fair play to Reading, they are one of the most adventurous sides which have played at Ewood this season. They have more width than most 'containing' teams

- Tugay had an eventful day, it was class when he stopped the ball on the sideline then we went on to score! Then Hunt took objection to him milking the applause. I think The Axe went over to Hunt and said "Show some respect." !

- If Tugay could've stayed on I think we would've won

- Nonda, as muich as he tried, didn't cut the mustard again today. Derbs looked twice the player.

- Is it me or does anyone else go crazy when Derbs scores in front on the BB end, you can tell he is loving it too!

- Great season, one of the best for me, can't wait to go on an away trip to sunny Wales!

ps and finally, did anyone else notice the small print in the season ticket credit documents ? A whopping 143 quid in interest over 12 months !!

:brfc:

I noticed that, a far cry from the 20 or 30 quid it was meant to be according to the Rovers season ticket bumph. I shall be ringing to query it before I return my DD mandate.

Then Samba also appeared to get involved, along with quite a lot of other players from both sides. The ref went in the middle of the players and didn't seem to book anybody.

Fair play to Coppell-he took Hunt off straight away.

However, Hunt seemed to keep pointing at Tugay, and saying things, after he was subbed.

Guest shoppybrfc

Did anyone record this by anychance ?I'd really like to a copy of our last game of the season if anyone did :D

Agree with all the posts about the game but i've got to bring it up after watching him play again what i've been saying about Dunny is that he isnt good enough, never mind this wait till next season when he gets fit.

Legend, our Toogs! Loved the way he and his little girl were enjoying the adulation of the fans in the centre of the pitch after the players' walkabout, she was copying him!

We wondered if it was Tugay's farewell-the way he was waving just made us wonder.

Poor first half, extremely entertaining second half with a disappointing final scoreline given we led twice. Thankfully we scraped into the intertoto courtesy of other results going our way (and two teams not applying) which barring an early season disaster should lead to another very interesting campaign on all fronts next year.

Derbyshire's goal was worthy of winning any game, 2m for Nonda? - no - thanks Samba was suberb again and Warnock had a stormer.

Did anyone else get the impression the way Tugs was saluting the crowd when he came off and at the end he won't be around next season? :unsure:

And so it ends. I think you really have to divide the season into two halves, our cup form which has been outstanding, and our league form which has beeen generally disappointing. Although allowances probably have to be made for the unprecedented run of serious injuries we've suffered. With no-one leaving and a "normal" season injury wise next season we should improve markedly. With no-one leaving and the addition of "a Bellamy" we'd be a real force. Will Sparky get some decent backing in the transfer market for once?

Good to be in the intertoto for more reason than one. Reduces the pre season boredom by a month and might mean we're sharper early doors and don't take until about December 20th to get into full swing as has been the case the last 2 seasons. :tu:

Agree with all the posts about the game but i've got to bring it up after watching him play again what i've been saying about Dunny is that he isnt good enough, never mind this wait till next season when he gets fit.

:wstu:

You're like a broken record

Just seen Derb's goal on MOTD. Fantastic counter attack

Were you even there?

:wstu:

You're like a broken record

Just seen Derb's goal on MOTD. Fantastic counter attack

Yes,i've spoken to many people in and around the ground at todays match and none of them were impressed with Dunny but on this site everyone seems to think hes good.When he carried the ball out of our half and had the chance to run at Readings back four and couldnt run faster than the Reading midfield and lost the ball after less than ten yards of running told its own story that Dunny shouldnt be in the premier league but at a lower level.

Archived