BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Spending Money

You have to wonder what was the last big money signing who was actually much good? Cole was reasonable, but apart from that it has been a pretty miserable run- Grabbi, Ferguson, Davies...

Why don't we sign incredible players on the cheap? Tugay, Freidel, Nelsen, samba, mcCarthy, bellamy, Bentley, Pedersen, Mokoena, Warnock...

Bellamy cost us at least 5 million. I know it was good value, but it wasn't cheap.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellamy cost us at least 5 million. I know it was good value, but it wasn't cheap.

Sorry my fellow Keeleite (is that the right name?) but im pretty sure that it was only £3.75m and we sold him off for £6.5m (rather then buying him for £5m plus and selling for £5m)

Sorry my fellow Keeleite (is that the right name?) but im pretty sure that it was only £3.75m and we sold him off for £6.5m (rather then buying him for £5m plus and selling for £5m)

There were lots of different figures being bandied around. I remember seeing one that said £4 mill. Wiki says it was rumoured to be between £2.5 million (Never saw any estimates that low, personally) and £5 million. Guess we mere supporters will never truly know.

There were lots of different figures being bandied around. I remember seeing one that said £4 mill. Wiki says it was rumoured to be between £2.5 million (Never saw any estimates that low, personally) and £5 million. Guess we mere supporters will never truly know.

According to the BRFC PLC accounts for the year to June 2006 we spent £8.249m on players. The players coming in between July 2005 and June 2006 were Bellamy, Bentley, Kilashvilli, Kuqi and Ollson. Assuming Bentley was circa £1m, Kilashvilli £0.5m, Kuqi - free + signing on fee, Ollson say £0.3m then add on another £0.5m for agents fees/signing on fees/corrections to estimates that leaves approx £6m spent for the purchase of Bellamy.

Or have I missed another big signing we made during that period

According to the BRFC PLC accounts for the year to June 2006 we spent £8.249m on players. The players coming in between July 2005 and June 2006 were Bellamy, Bentley, Kilashvilli, Kuqi and Ollson. Assuming Bentley was circa £1m, Kilashvilli £0.5m, Kuqi - free + signing on fee, Ollson say £0.3m then add on another £0.5m for agents fees/signing on fees/corrections to estimates that leaves approx £6m spent for the purchase of Bellamy.

Or have I missed another big signing we made during that period

And what I personally read was that Bentley was in the region of 500k. Ollson was a 'nominal' fee, and considering his status and whatnot I doubt it was near 300k. Perhaps the signing on fees might have been higher though.

And what I personally read was that Bentley was in the region of 500k. Ollson was a 'nominal' fee, and considering his status and whatnot I doubt it was near 300k. Perhaps the signing on fees might have been higher though.

I have to this day believed Bentley was about 2 mill. However this could've been one of those dreams :lol:.

Archived