BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When is the new kit going to be released then? Why are Rovers always the last ones to unveil their new kits and also only sell them in Blackburn or sometimes preston. I live in morecambe about 30 miles from Blackburn and I dont think I have ever seen a Blackburn shirt on sale!

I actually saw a Rovers shirt on sale in a shop on Oxford Street (could have been Sportsworld)

That's the first time I've ever seen a Blackburn shirt on sale outside of the Blackburn area, never mind as far south as London.

It was hidden behind a Spuds shirt, so I moved it to the front of the rack :P

Well JJB are pretty sure we'll be wearing Umbro kit next season, with a launch date in June surely there must be a picture of the new shirt somewhere???

http://www.jjbsports.com/static/16/new-rep...t-launches.aspx

Well I'd have never believed it until i saw that the other two clubs who wear Lonsdale are supposed to be wearing Umbro kits too. What's going on? Are Umbro owned by Sports World?

Well I'd have never believed it until i saw that the other two clubs who wear Lonsdale are supposed to be wearing Umbro kits too. What's going on? Are Umbro owned by Sports World?

Mike Ashley owns, I believe, a 5% stake in Umbro so the connetion is there. I saw a picture of Sunderlands new strip earlier in the week when their new signing Greg Halford was wearing it and that was Umbro. Can't find the picture anymore.

That away shirt looks smart, like no other I've seen before for any club (go on, prove my ignorance :lol: ) I like the idea of reflecting the B & W halves but in different colours.

Looks even better than the black strip with thin red stripes we used to have some years ago which was a firm favourite with me.

The new kits are the best of a poor range of options.

The frilly bits are very nancyboyish. Cuty out the frilly twirly poncy stuff and stick with straight (sic) b/w and r/b halves. :brfc: :brfc: :brfc:

The best home kits we had for years were the CIS ones. We also need quality material not some Chinese cheap nylon knicker material that the girls wore in the 1980's

Umbro of course needs to add their logo to the design, but I hope we do not get the same design as Everton. The coaler is okay, but the side of the strip is awful.

708302-2.jpg

Also, Wigan's new shirt has that horrible Umbro side. If we've gone to Umbro, looks like ours will have it too. Lazy @#/?s, just changed the colours like they did with all the World Cup kits.

107803-2.jpg

I hope you're all happy.

I actually saw a Rovers shirt on sale in a shop on Oxford Street (could have been Sportsworld)

That's the first time I've ever seen a Blackburn shirt on sale outside of the Blackburn area, never mind as far south as London.

It was hidden behind a Spuds shirt, so I moved it to the front of the rack

I live in Chichester and I go to Southampton often and it's a city right? It's a decent sized city that should have no problem with the sale of footy shirts.

1. The only Rovers shirt avaliable is the away one.

2. They sell Man. City and Wigan home shirts.

3. I have at last managed to find a shop (JJB) that can order it but I've got to go there when it comes out and order it then when it arrives go back again.

:angry::angry:

It's hard work being a Rovers fan down here but it's worth it!

We don't have a car so I can't go to home games but I'm going to try to go and watch Reading away and Pompey away. :tu:

Wouldn't be 'ours', it'd be the same as everyone else's Umbro kit.

Erm so that would be the same as last year with lonsdale or kappa. You don't get much in the way of differences between kits made by the same company. I think it'll be a good kit but i like the umbro'isms

I live in Chichester and I go to Southampton often and it's a city right? It's a decent sized city that should have no problem with the sale of footy shirts.

3. I have at last managed to find a shop (JJB) that can order it but I've got to go there when it comes out and order it then when it arrives go back again.

We don't have a car so I can't go to home games but I'm going to try to go and watch Reading away and Pompey away. :tu:

Here, found a shop in your area (sort of) that appears to be selling the new shirt when it's out. You won't have to leave the PC. Other than to get your snailmail.

You can't really expect one of the furthest cities from Blackburn to stock it's shirt though, especially when our club has the fan base that it does. The stores would be losing money!

Its funny how some people are complaining about the similiarities in design but lets be honest if we had nike... wed look like man u or arsenal.... and apart from the colours the chelsea and liverpool kits are exactly the same, so unless your pompey (canterbury??? stick to rugby!) or boro (errea...who??) your kit is going to resemble someone elses. All you can do is hope its a good manufacturer, with stylish well made kits.... and as a NI fan i have three umbro shirts they have all lasted way longer than my rovers shirts (what is it about the sponsor always fallin off after 6 months!) and are well comfortable too!

PS i hope they more or less stick to the voted for designs.... i want that red/black halves shirt soooooooo BAD!

You can't really expect one of the furthest cities from Blackburn to stock it's shirt though, especially when our club has the fan base that it does. The stores would be losing money!

But what I'm annoyed about is that other northern club's shirts are being sold there.

You can even get a Sheffield Wednesday flag! :huh:

Archived