BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

I just got an email from Sports World which is the same company as Soccer Sports i think. Well the one that sells Rovers shirts, I always get confused by the name as they seem to have the same shop with different names around the country. Anyway it was offering all the new kits for next season and guess what....not a sign of any Rovers shirt. We really are shocking. How can do we expect to increase the fan base if you have to actually come to Blackburn to buy anything rovers.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got an email from Sports World which is the same company as Soccer Sports i think. Well the one that sells Rovers shirts, I always get confused by the name as they seem to have the same shop with different names around the country. Anyway it was offering all the new kits for next season and guess what....not a sign of any Rovers shirt. We really are shocking. How can do we expect to increase the fan base if you have to actually come to Blackburn to buy anything rovers.

Exactly what I was saying.

Thank you. :rover:

You can't really expect one of the furthest cities from Blackburn to stock it's shirt though, especially when our club has the fan base that it does. The stores would be losing money!

I've ssen Rovers shirts for sale in Vancouver. That's a bit further away than Southampton. :)

Nope, it was bizarre. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Real Madrid, Juve, Barcelona, Rovers and .... Derby ! This was summer 2001.

Mexico City, January 2004. In a proper sports shop. Nearly fainted with shock!!

Precisely why we need to cut ties with this Rag and Bone company. Their marketing and poor quality product are damaging Rovers reputaion. Its probably because of "negotiations" between Rovers and SSI that Kit announcements are delayed. There is a strong rumour we are trying to cut ties altogether.

Why cant we just supply shirts to all sports shop brands around the north west. Ok Mabye Rovers shirts down south wouldnt sell so well but come on, were arguably the biggest club in Lancashire but sell the fewest shirts.

Why cant we just supply shirts to all sports shop brands around the north west. Ok Mabye Rovers shirts down south wouldnt sell so well but come on, were arguably the biggest club in Lancashire but sell the fewest shirts.

I do not believe for a second that Blackpool or Burnley or Accrington sell more shirts than we do.

Cool! :rover:

I didn't realize you could find them in those places (Mexico City,Vancouver etc.) :tu:

I actually got my first Rovers shirt in a charity shop in Arundel... :blink:

...and it was the Prem winning season one as well! :huh:

But what I'm annoyed about is that other northern club's shirts are being sold there.

You can even get a Sheffield Wednesday flag! :huh:

I know what you mean, it is frustrating, but it just isn't god business sense. What would be better would be if they did an efficient ordering service whereby you place your order and they get it in within the week.

Incidently, two season's ago, Sports World in London Oxford Street had heaps of both our home and away kits.

Of course, so many problems would be solved if we had a half decent club shop with an internet site that is little better than useless.

I know what you mean, it is frustrating, but it just isn't god business sense.

Who's gonna buy a Wigan shirt though?

I spoke to a man who worked there and he said someone came in the other day and asked about a Rovers shirt. :brfc:

As normal looks like we have missed a trick again. The new kits should be on sale for the last home game of the season with the team wearing them (as everton have done previously)

People want the new shirts for the summer - so we put them on sale in autumn!!!!

anyway out check some of these...... (may have to buy newells old boys if our shirts arent on sale soon)

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/840...amp;page=1.html

If we accept Dan Williams' interview at face value and talks have been underway since March, then he has probably done the sensible thing and put all Rovers' current marketing arrangements in the fridge as a pre-condition to continuing talking.

With hindsight, the deals may or may not have been right at the time they were signed but they were the best the club could get at the time.

However, they are probably 100% inappropriate in a world where global marketing rights are going to be contributing a growing percentage of the club's collective media income and trans-Atlantic ownership is bringing a whole new set of eyes to how Rovers are presented.

I see the current hiatus as rather encouraging.

I e-mailed Lynsey Talbot - PA to the Chairman/ Managing Director about the unvieling of the New Kits and this is what she had to say

The date hasn't yet been released but it is usually around August. I'm

sure in the run up to the launch we will advertise it on the website.

Otherwise please feel free to e-mail me again in a few weeks when dates

may have been confirmed.

Hope this helps. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Regards

Lynsey

So it looks like End of July or Start of August.

Archived