BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goalies - Brad and Brown

Right back - Emerton, Reid and Oijer

Centre backs - Nelsen, Mokeona, Samba,Henchoz, Oijer

Left back - Warnock and Berner

Centre midfield - Tugay, Dunn,Bentley and Savage plus Mokeona

Right midfield - Gally, Bentley, Emerton, Reid and Derbyshire

Left midfield - Pederson, Peter, Bentley, Berner

Centre forwards - Benni, Roberts, Derbyshire, Gally

Thats the first team squad as it is and for me we are well covered, just needs a little tinkering

ps have I missed anyone?

Have you forgotten Zurab? Reid can also play CM.

Anyone know a lot about Mohamed Zidan, an Egyptian currently playing in the Bundesliga??? I saw him play recently against on of the top sides in Germany (Schalke I think) and was really impressed, so i caught some of his footage on You Tube.... Apparently he is a striker but he is all over pitch really tricky, slick and full of pace the kind of player we should have in the middle of the park or behind a forward line... because thats what we missed this season a player running from box to box, what reid and savage gave us last season!

Alliadiere also turned up at Celtic for a short while. Got nowhere and left on loan for somewhere else.

David Bentley also turned up at Norwich for a short while. Got nowhere and left on loan for somewhere else.

David Bentley also turned up at Norwich for a short while. Got nowhere and left on loan for somewhere else.

Yeah, as Perth Rover said he did well at Norwich and they wanted to keep him as well so dont know where your comment has come from :huh:

It is being reported that West Ham will make a £8 Millon swoop for Bellamy.

And Pedersen

And Benni

And Bentley

And Nelson

And The Man U team

And Scott Parker

And Lampard

They really are the new Spurs :P

He didnt do half bad for norwich, scored 7 goals i remember

Yeah, as Perth Rover said he did well at Norwich and they wanted to keep him as well so dont know where your comment has come from :huh:

He certainly didnt set the world alight at Norwich, he got dropped for poor attitude and there is absolutely no way he scored 7 goals for them. It was 1, 2 maximum.

It is being reported that West Ham will make a £8 Millon swoop for Bellamy.

Watched Jan Molby on ITV last night. He said he wouldn't start with Bellamy in the Champs league final. He would start with Crouch and Kuyt. Bellamy, he said, wasn't a "subtle enough" player!

So, Crouch and Kuyt are? They still don't realise that Bellamy is the best striker they have.

I think we'd have to make the first move 1st thing Thursday morning if we want Bellamy. A lot of clubs with new owners would want him as well, and the sooner we'd get it tied up, the less time there is for Villa/Wham etc. to nip in with a bigger contract.

IF we want Bellamy and he is available, then we will get Bellamy.

He wouldnt of left for anyone other than the scousers and he was happy with Hughes, Savage & co. And im sure he would be happy enough taking rovers up on the last offer of a 60k per week contract.

Never in a million years will Bellamy come back so forget about him and sign Yakubu from boro.

Lets save that for a future point in time ;)

The Yak would be a decent signing, however viduka is also a decent player.

Some of you seriously underrate viduka the guy imo is in the top 10 best strikers in the prem. At best he is unplayable is hold up and link up play are superb and at a guess scored 20 or close on 20 for the last ¾ seasons. If we could get him on a free and keep him below 40k (new TV deal and all) on a 2 yr deal I think it would be an excellent signing.

Never in a million years will Bellamy come back so forget about him and sign Yakubu from boro.

Yakubu is a brilliant player - he has got everything - but why on earth do you think he would come here? There is little difference between us and Boro at the moment.

Boro would be looking for 10 mill plus too.

Watched Jan Molby on ITV last night. He said he wouldn't start with Bellamy in the Champs league final. He would start with Crouch and Kuyt. Bellamy, he said, wasn't a "subtle enough" player!

So, Crouch and Kuyt are? They still don't realise that Bellamy is the best striker they have.

SSSHHHHHHHH! Don't tell them that! :)

I honestly think that Bellamy is likely to move to one of our 'not top four but not going down rivals' next season. West Ham, Portsmouth and Villa spring to mind.

It's quite boring actually that there is about 12 Premiership clubs all after the same players.

Archived