BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

Heard the other night from a very good source that Sven was City's second choice and that they had originally offered Sparky a King's ransom to manage under the new regime but that he'd turned them down! Now only a fool would think that his newly decorated office actually swung his decision to stay so I guess he already has a new role in his sights as we speak. :( Sorry but at the moment I have absolutely no inkling what or where that might be.

(Blue and white tinted glasses on)

Perhaps the proposed takeover is at a far more advanced stage than is officially being let on, and life under the potential American owners looks a lot rosier than is apparent from the snippets released publically so far?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Blue and white tinted glasses on)

Perhaps the proposed takeover is at a far more advanced stage than is officially being let on, and life under the potential American owners looks a lot rosier than is apparent from the snippets released publically so far?

Quite possibly Rev .... but given the inference that City were offering top dollar ... and then some! I think my original assessment may prove to carry some weight.

Quite possibly Rev .... but given the inference that City were offering top dollar ... and then some! I think my original assessment may prove to carry some weight.

(Blue and white tinted glasses on again)

Other than hoping Sparky knows something about the potential takeover we don't, the main reason I would think he wouldn't want to go to Citeh no matter what transfer budget or salary was offered is that he wouldn't want to jeapordise his chances of the ManUre job under any circumstances.

The way RFW is thriving at the moment, maybe Sparky might be with us some time if that is his ultimate aim?

(Pessimistic glasses on)

Given the recent shenanigans between Jose and Roman, perhaps Sparky thinks he has an equally good chance of managing Chelski at some point.

Preferable to him leaving for Citeh imediately anyway.

I think he didn't go to City because he wants to eventually go to United. I think Quieroz (sp?) will be the next manager, but I'm curious as to how long that will last.

Not a chance of him going to Chelsea straight from us Rev.

As fantastic a manager as he is, there simply isn't enough on the CV to get him a job like that, and he'd have to perform miracles to do so in the future.

15th, 6th, 10th and a couple of semi-final appearances just wouldn't cut it when compared to the choice Abramovich would almost certainly have if Mourinho were to leave.

Sven doesn't usually have any trouble getting his leg over.... :unsure:

GD4052337@Football---Manchester-6704.jpg

In May, Sven was interviewed by Gabby Logan on BBC1's "Inside Sport" and was asked if he was interested in the Manchester City job. He appeared to rule this out when he told Gabby: "No, I'm interested in having a good football team next season. There are other teams."

At that time Claudio Ranieri was the clear favourite for the City job. But when Ranieri decided to become Juventus manager instead, Sven rapidly changed his tune. He then said: "City is a big, big club with unbelievable support. It would be an honour for me to be manager, like it would be for all other managers."

But nothing is ever totally cut and dried with Eriksson when it comes to management jobs - as most Rovers fans know only too well. It was Sven of course who decided to kick Jack Walker in the teeth when going back on an agreement to come to Blackburn in 1997. Sven decided to join Lazio instead after he'd previously shook hands with Jack on a deal to come to Rovers.

They used to say that "An Englishman's word is his bond." But Swedish Mr Eriksson's word certainly isn't his bond. Sven is merely attracted to wherever the big money is. Like a cheap tart from the red light district, Sven will do anything for a fistful of dollars.

He cost England around £25m during his five years in charge - and nearly a year after he left England he was still being paid several thousand pounds per day by the FA.

The buffoons at the FA now think that the right man to have in charge of England is Steve McClaren, Sven's sidekick, and the man whose coaching at last year's World Cup left England unfit and under-prepared. Marvellous innit...

Eriksson: "I won't be joining Man City"

Archived