BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

I can't see him going anywhere except a champions league team because he's got us into the uefa cup for two seasons on the trot(well almost a second season!) and, no offense but, going to Man City would be, at the moment, going down in the world.

Please stay Sparky. You know you want to! ;):rover:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off-topic but this is an extract of an email from my city mate (and slightly tongue-in-cheek too!)

"You lot should be so lucky

I’ve paid £350 to watch 10 goals - £35 per goal…………….however, it gets worse; due to other commitments I physically was present for only 6 of those goals…………so it was almost £60 per goal …………….so is that value for money

I say bring back King Kev with his 1-3-1-6 formation and lets win or lose 5-4 every week"

:lol::wstu::lol:

This BBC article seems certain that City want a foreign coach.

I guess we can rest a lot easier now...as long as we can fend off Northern Ireland. :rolleyes:

How so? Hughes is Welsh you know. :rolleyes:

I know a lot of you are discounting this out of hand because City are poor, that is just the sort of thing to excite an ambitious manager. The potential is there what better thing on your resume than to awaken the proverbial sleeping giant.

Actually, the article is all about Strachan.

The legal case against Thaksin back in Thailand is building momentum- The tax man is getting feisty with all the brothers reducing the opportunity to pass Citeh amongst the siblings if Thaksin has problems.

So the Thai buyers have said:

"Pearce is safe"

"We want an overseas manger"

"We want Strachan or maybe Hughes"

"The purchase will be completed in June"

One false, two mutually incompatable and one for the birds.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news......Carlos wants the MU job! Its not often that I want MU to do well but this is the best reason ever!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Ooo errrrr................ Andy Neild will be gutted! :)

Wonder if he'll be waging a "Carlos for OT" campaign through the pages of the LT from now on? <_<

Makes you wonder what would have happened if the takeover was completed before Thaksin's assets were frozen. Looks like Citeh (and Liverpool) had a lucky escape. It's another strange and amusing episode down at the Theatre of Base Comedy. Next Week: Ronnie Biggs and BAe Systems launch separate bids to buy Man Citeh.

Next story in The Sun- Mark Hughes spotted in Bangkok looking for the money to pay himself

Lucky escape or not, City are in the doodah now. Current owners in debt, no manager, no Distin, no money to even pay Barton off under his contract (though to be honest I wouldn't pay him off either), and any new buyer would more likely look to exploit the owners' weakness first rather than rush in to the rescue.

Probably enough people interested in buying Prem clubs for this soap opera to be resolved this summer but for the immediate future City are adrift and going down.

Cityitis

It could not happen to a nicer bunch of people. The Barton situation will be interesting. His agent insists that Barton has a contractural right to a pay off as Citeh were approached at the contract release figure of £5.5m. Citeh argue that because the contract allows Barton to be informed of the interested bidders at £5.5 and thus talk to these interested parties then the approach is from Barton!! (this sounds like desperation from a broke club IMO). This is now in the hands of the PFA for concillation and will probably end up in the hands of the lawyers.

If they can afford it Citeh should pay up and get this moron off their backs and bank the mega bucks they will get for a guy who came thru their academy. Does Big Sam realise what he is taking on? Just imagine Barton after a night in the Bigg Market; he will finish up with:

a. a black eye?

b. in the nick?

c. with syphillis?

d. alcohol poisoning?

e. all of the above?

hmm, jim's story eventually surfaces after the world and its dog looks away from City.

On the basis of how Hughes effectively selected Rovers as his first step into club management, I doubt City tick any boxes for what he would look for as a second step.

I think we should let the widely unenthusiastic City supporters scupper this one. At least the realists are saying they doubt City in its current sorry state could not attract Hughes.

No mention of Hughes in the BBC's coverage. If Ramos and Adriaanse really are the candidates, it shows how powerful the EPL is becoming when a steaming pile of trouble like Man City can attract two of the most in demand managers in Europe.

Looks like the MEN have rehashed the old Sun story. I suspect Hughes is bottom of City's list but with "big-name" managers out of the running after the failed takeover, they will probably still try to tempt him by selling themselves as a so-called big club and sleeping giant.

From what I hear Hughes is thoroughly enjoying being manager of Blackburn Rovers and will leave only when the big job comes up at Old Trafford.

Archived