BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

On next weeks episode: John Gotti, Andrei Lugovoi, Osama Bin Laden and Imelda Marcos express an interest in Manchester City with separate bids, with Wardle keen to sell.

I reckon Osama Bin Laden should get it. The sheer work and slog needed to get Citeh out of the mess they are in should guarantee he won't have time to plot any more mischief :lol:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On second thoughts, Bin Laden is more likely to buy Leeds or Luton!

And that is amazing that 'Mr. X' already has odds on being sacked from Citeh.

I expect Vladimir Romanov to sell Heart of Midlothian FC and buy Man City, and install Graeme Souness as manager. Only for him to be sacked within a month, and then succeeded by Glenn Hoddle, Andre Previn, Paolo Di Canio, a Lithuainian, Daffy Duck, another Lithuanian, Ken Hom, Duncan Fletcher, Clive Woodward, a third Lithuanian, Anne Robinson, Paul Dickov, the second Lithuanian again and finally Ricky Hatton. All these appointmens will take place over the course of the next 3 seasons, and all the while Man City will escape relegation somehow. Sounds implausable? well it is Man City!

Apparently Shinawatra's bid is about to be accepted by City. Now then, according to Alan Brazil [who claims to know this] and also a city fan on talk sport this morning, Mark Hughes WOULD accept the City job.

Thaksin has met SGE and offered him the job of managing a club he doesn't yet own and hasn't been cleared as fit and proper by the FA to own it.

Of course, SGE has an excellent track record of agreeing to manage Premiership clubs then....

The offer for debt riddled Citeh which apparently their Board have accepted is in the order of 81m.

The perceived value of premiership clubs really has risen in the wake of the new TV money hasn't it?.

In comparison Randy Lerner must be sitting on his 43m investment at relatively debt free Aston Villa rubbing his hands in glee.

Eriksson has been offered a three-year contract worth £6m but he has asked for time to consider it. It is well known in football that Eriksson was touting himself round Spain last week, so presumably that is where he would rather go than City.

The City board have a back-up list of two in case Eriksson turns them down - Ramos, the Seville coach, who is thought likely to stay in Spain, and Hughes.

Guest Kamy100

Thanks for that Jim.

Hopefully Sven will take the job so that they don't turn their attention to Hughes.

Eriksson has been offered a three-year contract worth £6m but he has asked for time to consider it.

Money goes to money eh? Isn't he still being paid by the FA? Why do potential employers of SGE seem to always want to give him more than he is worth?

The City board have a back-up list of two in case Eriksson turns them down - Ramos, the Seville coach, who is thought likely to stay in Spain, and Hughes.

I think they may need some more back ups.

I think they may need some more back ups.

Sincerely hope so.

I'm starting to get a tad concerned that Hughes' name continues to be linked with Citeh. You'd have thought that his people would politely have told Citeh's people to go away some time ago if he wasn't interested.

And the current situation at Rovers is somewhat uncertain unless matters are at a far more advanced stage than everyone is letting on.

A get out of jail "free" card?

An unsentimental look at things City and an insight for Rovers fans of what might be to come?

The only way Thaksim's purchase makes sense is if he is convinced he can add a significant new layer of revenue to City over and above current income.

An awful lot of these deals in football must be predicated on wages not going out of control- I wonder if that is why the transfer market is currently relatively stalled?

Archived