BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay To Sign 1 Year Extention This Morning

Its 00.08 (early Tuesday morning).

Just got back from the Annual Rovers Player Awards. I was lucky enough to be sat at the top table of the main sponsors of the event. John Williams gave a short speech after dinner and announced that he and Tugay will be sitting down this morning and signing a one year extension to his contract (providing Tugay was not too hung over). This got a huge cheer!

Thank God for that!

After his 'lions roar' in the centre circle on sunday as he was walking off, I honestly thought that we had seen his last game.

Talk about passion - he has it in bucket loads - and he has a genuine love for football, Blackburn Rovers, and their supporters.

Nice one Tugay - You are a true legend.

One Love - BRFC

My brother had a brief word with him after the match as well and asked him "one more year"? and he responded "I hope so". He truly is a Blackburn player. I love it on TV when after he has been substituted you always see him standing a few feet behind Hughes with his arms folded and his tracksuit on and he is following the action, rather than sitting and watching from the bench.

great news, the guy is a legend and i hope when he does retire, we offer him a place as a coach at ewood

The fact he doesn't speak much English might be a slight problem there. ;)

Seriously though it's good news and he seems far fitter now than he did when Souness was here which is a testament both to him and Hughes training methods.

The fact he doesn't speak much English might be a slight problem there. ;)

Seriously though it's good news and he seems far fitter now than he did when Souness was here which is a testament both to him and Hughes training methods.

he speaks good enough english for me, i think he will be a very good addition to the backroom staff when he retires, with all the experience he has

. . . i think he will be a very good addition to the backroom staff when he retires, with all the experience he has

I'd second that. I hope after his final contract ends that we keep his services as a coach at some level within the club.

Top player and, along with Big Brad and the other players to re-sign, a show of loyalty towards the club.

Archived