BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brfc Annual Players Awards 06/07

From the pages of Hello or OK magazine (or 4-4-2)!!!

Thanks to my hosts for a great evening. I was luck enough to be at the awards ceremony. I'd not been as excited since I can't remember. I felt like a kid. All the senior squad where there. I started the evening by entering Ewood talking to Benni M. He was giving nothing away regarding his future. Inside I found myself comfronted by John Williams. He was doing the rounds and came over and shook my hand, asking how I thought the season had gone. My mouth dried up and I was star struck. Finally I mumbled something and smiled. All I could think to say was if he'd heard from Vinjay lately (luckily I didn't). I was star struck several other times before the night was out.

John Williams announced about Tugay's extesion (as mentioned in my other post). Plus was pleased to announce that for the first time in three years attendences had gone up (slightly, but enough to have made a difference).

The great team spirit was evident at the event as it was the players who made most of the noise firing banter between the two tables either end of the room. Bentley got alot of stick for spilleng red wine on his light trousers, plus suggestions that he and Matty D where going to tie the knot after their goal embrase at Wembley for the under 21s.

Tugay was bidding for everything during the action. I had a budget of £50. Nothing started below £200!!! There was some great stuff.

After the awards Gamst and Tugay left quickly, but the rest of the squad stayed for a while (until I heard Jason Brown announce they where off to Preston). Got loads of autographs. It was like printing money on eBay! My wife was miffed that I didn't get Gamst or Emerton. Got one for my dad off Ronnie Clayton - nice chap.

The awards went as follows: (sorry if this is old news)

Matty D won Young Player

Samba won best New Newcomer

Friedel best contribution for a game (two penalty saves against Sheff Utd)

Womens team won Team of the Year

Tugay won most man-of-the-match (and most watches, he's opening up a jewellery shop)

Benni M won best goal (thought Tugays against spurs and Bentleys away at Reading where better) and Players Player

Bently won Supporters Player (most people prob knew this one)

Phots can be viewed/downloaded at http://prazzi.com/brawards/

Sorry if I've gone on, but I was so excited and had to share it with someone and my wifes asleep. Had a great time. Itk seems like a dream. Evenings like this don't usually happen to a simple lad from Blackburn. Apologies for any bad grammer, it's late/early!

Regards

gbax

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emerton won for biggest contribuion to Rovers as well.

Tugs actually stayed for ages- just at the opposite end of the room from where he started off. At the end, the only Rover in the room was Mr Bentley, who was holding court like no-one's business. Dunny was absolutely delighted to be back, and Ryan's going off to spend the summer in the Gym (his poor wife).

By the way- David Bentley should have bid for the suit in the auction and taken someone with fashion sense with him to choose it. A light grey suit with white piping, white shirt and white tie and WHITE BROGUES is NOT a good look. Although he's pretty so he gets away with it (just)

Emerton won for biggest contribuion to Rovers as well.

Tugs actually stayed for ages- just at the opposite end of the room from where he started off. At the end, the only Rover in the room was Mr Bentley, who was holding court like no-one's business. Dunny was absolutely delighted to be back, and Ryan's going off to spend the summer in the Gym (his poor wife).

By the way- David Bentley should have bid for the suit in the auction and taken someone with fashion sense with him to choose it. A light grey suit with white piping, white shirt and white tie and WHITE BROGUES is NOT a good look. Although he's pretty so he gets away with it (just)

Jan, did you see the size of the bloke who won the suit? A lot of material would be needed! Sorry only remembered about Bert when I'd logged out. Which table where you on? I was on the center table, presented Bentley with player of the year.

Tugs actually stayed for ages- just at the opposite end of the room from where he started off

Sorry - can't resist this - was he expecting to be subbed?

I'll get my coat..............

Jan, did you see the size of the bloke who won the suit? A lot of material would be needed! Sorry only remembered about Bert when I'd logged out. Which table where you on? I was on the center table, presented Bentley with player of the year.

I was at a table in the centre at the back of the room- in between the TV cameras. The chair and vice chair of Scope (the people who got the money from the auction- £950 for the VE day picture- WOW!) were at my table

Who are all of the people in those pictures?

I thought there would be more of the players?

Did you not take a video phone?

Questions Questions Qestions :ph34r:

Those were all the people who attended. The only video I took was of David getting his award. They had photographers at the door to catch people as they went in.

Me and Jordan were on standby in case anyone dropped out. Unfortunately (and fairly obviously) nobody did.

We went last year and had a great time. Also interesting to note that Bentley was the last player to leave last time around as well. He was chatting away to people well after the rest had gone.

didn't see this advertised. How much were the tables? I expect the wine bill (at ewood prices) would double the table sponsorship.

No idea. £70 + vat per person if you weren't taking a table. My wine bill = £0. Don't drink alcohol and bottled water was provided free- YIPPEE!! (Although friend paid £4.60 for a lime cordial and water and a vodka and orange. She thought that was good. I had no opinion.

A great night!! All players and staff were in really good form, with Tugay having fun bidding for auction items.

I was a big kid getting autographs for my lads and texting photos back to 13 neice of The Artist. How old am I? Pathetic!!

Photographers were good on arrival (I'm #117!), although not Basil Rathbone, I'll leave it to Nige if he wants to remain anonymous.

No idea. £70 + vat per person if you weren't taking a table. My wine bill = £0. Don't drink alcohol and bottled water was provided free- YIPPEE!! (Although friend paid £4.60 for a lime cordial and water and a vodka and orange. She thought that was good. I had no opinion.

Jan, is that you on table 18 with one of the auction ladies? (photo 238)? - I'm on the table behind in front of stage (also on 229 & 111 - on the left).

Jan, is that you on table 18 with one of the auction ladies? (photo 238)? - I'm on the table behind in front of stage (also on 229 & 111 - on the left).

No

I'm the idiot that forgot she was wearing sunglasses (in my defence I sneeze constantly when it's sunny so wear sunglasses a lot of the time!)

Archived