BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Brother

The problem is the cost of these shows and the indirect cost on television of swamping with a particular genre that is effectively pap. Networks seem to think there's a market meaning limited programming funds are directed from other types of programming to endless recycled ideas.

For example, Celebrity Love Island cost approximately twice as much as your typical 8 part drama series. (Which would you choose... a season of Celebrity Love Island or two of Life on Mars?)

Don't have a problem with some reality programmes but there's no need to pollute so much of the schedules with pale clones.

That said, I'm pleased to say the only BB I've ever watched was set in the year 200,100 and was a front for the Daleks. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is the cost of these shows and the indirect cost on television of swamping with a particular genre that is effectively pap. Networks seem to think there's a market meaning limited programming funds are directed from other types of programming to endless recycled ideas.

For example, Celebrity Love Island cost approximately twice as much as your typical 8 part drama series. (Which would you choose... a season of Celebrity Love Island or two of Life on Mars?)

Don't have a problem with some reality programmes but there's no need to pollute so much of the schedules with pale clones.

That said, I'm pleased to say the only BB I've ever watched was set in the year 200,100 and was a front for the Daleks. :)

I thought the whole reason we're being swamped with reality TV is it's dead cheap to produce. I know thats the excuse Fox give every time the cancel another great show.

I'd love a new series of some expensive like Firefly or Enterprise, but both are rumored to be $1M an episode, but I've even settle for Dead Like Me.

As fashionable as bashing reality TV has become (and the fact the BB is now a mere shadow of it's former self), I'll still be watching it.

That is just it, people watch! Myself included.

It begins with 11 women in the house, one bloke to be added friday! How much i would give to be that one bloke, well maybe for a few days, then i'd want to shoot myself with all the talking!

Ones to watch: Emily & Chanelle ;)

and Billy as a special present you can have carole....

It begins with 11 women in the house, one bloke to be added friday! How much i would give to be that one bloke, well maybe for a few days, then i'd want to shoot myself with all the talking!

It would be mental to be that one bloke. I get along fine with the ladies however, not these ones. The jumping up and down on the spot high pitch screaming and those words of 'oh my god' over and over again was doing my head in.

Those twins - are these girls real? They dont seem part of this world

Kiron Richardsons cousin - needs a good slap. The girl says she likes lots of money but dosnt work. An IT girl. She is a dog if you ask me. Looks like a bloke

Old Woman - the one who reckons she is mates with Charles and Camilla - I reckon she might walk - her face was a picture watching all the young ones bounce up and down

Tracey - What is this one on. Very good novilty value at the start but this will soon start to get on my nerves (I dont think she is putting it on either)

Chanelle - apart from thinking she is posh spice (and not looking like her unless she puts the glasses on that cover her face) This is the one that does it for me. This could soon dissapear if she becomes annoying

Shabnam - Dont know what to make of this one - trying to hard. Rekon she will be the first to start blubbing

Emily - Very annoying. I hate the posh bird that tries to play rough. She tried explaining how she was just starting to get into this new music thats comming out called 'indie' yes love, it was new in 94.

Welshey - I reckon this one might win it. Seems like a laugh (though she said she dosnt drink - hopefully dosnt rant on when the others get wrecked)

Nicky - said that she hated men and wouldnt stand for them but on her walk in declared she would like to boink callum best - make your mind up love

Carole - what the hell is this. I reckon she wont be as mental as she is making out. Voted out soon.

Well thats the mentalists for another year. I would like to say that I wont watch the pathetic programme but thats a lie and I know I will :ph34r:

Kiron Richardsons cousin - needs a good slap. The girl says she likes lots of money but dosnt work. An IT girl. She is a dog if you ask me. Looks like a bloke

Tracey - What is this one on. Very good novilty value at the start but this will soon start to get on my nerves (I dont think she is putting it on either)

Carole - what the hell is this. I reckon she wont be as mental as she is making out. Voted out soon.

Richardsons cousin does look like a bloke. I reckon she'll be out first (or very early). Really can't help being Keiron Richardsons cousin - think that'll help her get voted out.

Tracey - she really looks like a bloke too. Very annoying.

Carole - Crowd loved her straight away. Hard to pick a winner yet - but I don't think she'll be out early myself.

sorry to pee on chips here for people who enjoy the show but it's all aload of fake acting and fannying about ###### imo.

i didnt watch it lastnight, i went out and had a tidy game of texas hold em poker with some pals.

i'll do anything to avoid it, at the moment it's deaf ears day in work!

how long till it's over?

Kiron Richardsons cousin - She is a dog if you ask me. Looks like a bloke

I said exactly the same thing. I really did think she was a transexual when her video started! Then I found out that she was Kieran Richardson's cousin and thought it would be pretty unlikely.

They've immediately alienated a huge portion of the male audience by starting with just women in the house. Watching 10+ girls in the houser sounds great, but all that screeching needs something to counter balance it, and men need somebody in the house to relate to. I think their ratings will realy drop this year.

Who the hell is this plank that has just rolled up? The guy loves himself?

He came to my school with northern line, not that i would have known it was him if he hadn't of said anything.

As long as he stays away from emily there won't be any trouble, otherwise you could see a man in a blackburn rovers shirt scaling the walls and beating him up. :lol:

I'm not sure there won't be a twist that 3 or 4 of these women are blokes. Tracey, Laura, Charley and shabnam or nicky, whichever one it is.

My verdict so far......(not that it matters <_< )

The black girl who name-drops footballers all the time has mental problems :wacko:

The twins are so sickly sweet & girly-girly it`s annoying (i`d still do `em though ;) )

Posh-spice look-a-like has a great arse :tu:

The other blonde (Emily?) looks about the most intelligent & down to earth of the young`uns.

The pink haired one is a bloke.

The old one won`t last long.

The old bigger one won`t last long either.

The dark haired one (shazbar?? or summat) is still sussing the rest out

The dark girl seems ok

The fat Welsh one seems at ease with herself & is quiite genuine.

The bloke loves himself, but will be driven mad by the girlyness of it all :wacko:

There`s 11 women in that house....why not 11 hoovers?

Nice work AS although I think Shabnam looks more like Zed from police academy

Anyway, eviction night looks off caus Emily has been booted for a racist remark

She used the "n" word in jest

The transcript, which is provisional and provided by Channel 4, now follows.

Emily: (referring to Charley dancing/pushing her hips forward) You pushing it out you nigger.

Nicky: (shocked laughter) Em, I can't believe you said that.

Charley: You are in trouble.

Emily: Don't make a big thing out of it then. I was joking.

Charley: I know you were... but that's some serious s**t, sorry.

Emily: Why?

Charley: Oh my god. I'm not even saying it.

Nicky: Just don't talk about it anymore.

Emily: I was joking

Charley: Do you know how many viewers would watch that?

Nicky: Okay, don't make a big deal out of it.

Charley: Fancy you saying that. I can't believe you said that.

Emily: Somebody has already used that word in this house.

Charley: No way. (Pause) Yeah, me. I'm a nigger.

Nicky laughs.

Charley: I am one. Fancy you saying it. I know maybe you see it in a rap song. Maybe you and your friends sit there saying it.

Emily: I'm friendly with plenty of black people.

Nicky: And you call them niggers?

Emily: Yeah and they call me niggers. They call me wiggers as well.

Nicky: I'm quite shocked.

Charley: I'm f****ng in shock.

Emily: It's not a big deal though is it?

Charley: Not for us it ain't. F**k me.

Don't shoot me down lads, but is this really that offensive ? Or are Channel 4 cacking themselves after Shilpa ?

Don't shoot me down lads, but is this really that offensive ? Or are Channel 4 cacking themselves after Shilpa ?

I think it's all to do with context, etc. Channel 4 are covering their backs because of what happened with shilpa but it's something over nothing.

I don`t personally find it offensive, but i know plenty of nnn <_< ....coloured people who might.

After the last Big Brother ended in the race row, i cannot believe Emily has been stupid enough to even go there (making such a remark) The BB bosses had no option but to clamp down on it straight away.

cletus...."The other blonde (Emily?) looks about the most intelligent & down to earth of the young`uns."

On a slightly different note, my last post ^^^ on this thread i said Emily seemed ok, but during the last 2 evening shows i can honestly say i`ve never seen any contestant unravel all their good work so quickly. The girl has just self-destructed in front of our eyes. (she did look awesome in that bikini though! ;) )

Oh my word, I watched this last night and what a load of bull.

First off, as its all ready been said Emily definitely didn't mean it in the context that its been taken however, I do think if they had just taken it as that and left it then she would have been given a warning and that would have been the end of it however, what the hell was that Charlie doing going round dropping it into conversations one by one and saying she was shocked and upset. She was still going on about it at stupid o clock in the morning to the other girl where THEY were using the 'term' that was said freely - this is when Emily was called to the diary room and kicked out.

Then on that other BB programme there was a Lynch mob gunning for Emily and some were even close to tears.

I might be bang out of order here and a bit ignorant but hasn't this just been blown totally out of context?

(Also, I would like to say that I just watch the catch up programme once a week and dont sit there watching this tripe all the time. Honest. Its true)

I might be bang out of order here and a bit ignorant but hasn't this just been blown totally out of context?

Yes. I'm waiting for the day when rap music is banned from record shops as the word that Emily used is often found in rap music. I don't think it will happen though.

Yes. I'm waiting for the day when rap music is banned from record shops as the word that Emily used is often found in rap music. I don't think it will happen though.

:rolleyes: Rap music is predominantly the preserve of black people. It is perfectly acceptable for the word to be used amongst the black community. However use of it by whites towards blacks (in the majority of cases) is clearly unacceptable. I'm always baffled that people can't grasp this point, instead opting to for the 'but black people say...' argument.

:rolleyes: Rap music is predominantly the preserve of black people. It is perfectly acceptable for the word to be used amongst the black community. However use of it by whites towards blacks (in the majority of cases) is clearly unacceptable. I'm always baffled that people can't grasp this point, instead opting to for the 'but black people say...' argument.

Plenty of honkys...erm, sorry white people listen to & like rap music (lord knows why? :huh: ) but i don`t honestly think the N word is as offensive as it used to be. It`s just the same as when Rovers fans started calling Bumley fans dingles...it was meant as an insult. Now some of the Dingles have adopted the term & call themselves dingles.

I think it`s the context of how the word is used. When i talk to my mate i call him allsorts, but he knows i only say it in jest. He replies with his own insult. It`s almost a competition to see who can come up with the best insult......but i`d never go up to a stranger or somebody i don`t really know that well & say "O`reyt fat c##t!" :unsure:

Archived