BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Effective Parenting

Oh my word. It just hit me in the face like a ton of bricks last night exactly how hard this is.

The lad is teething and I have just had a horrible night. Both me and the Mrs have a cold (mine is a man cold so obviously 10 times worse) and the little fella has been up all night crying like he has never cried before - He of course is sat looking at me now laughing at me with his finger in his mouth - I swear he looks like mini me

Like Wolverine said in the first post - Just imagine taking him to his seat at Ewood and it will all be ok. Oh yeah, anyone have 5 mins near Ewood do you fancy having a scout on the floor for his brick (Liam Cocker) and sticking a picture up.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Just got to stay patient. We went through hell when our kids were teething at about this time last year, it was nightmare and I thought that it would never end, at one point I was pretty much walking around in a daze and I don't mind admitting that I used to love going to work to get away from it all. However, over time we developed a few techniques which worked for us. I took my 2 kids to Ewood for the first time last April and it was a very proud moment.

I might be able to, where are the 'named' bricks ? Near the statue ?

Not sure where they are. Last time I went there were sample bricks near the blues bar.

Dont know how many will be down but might take too long to trawl through them anyway.

Not sure where they are. Last time I went there were sample bricks near the blues bar.

Dont know how many will be down but might take too long to trawl through them anyway.

Got it on my phone. Haven't got a clue how to 'host' pictures on t'internet - pm me your mobile and I'll text them to you.

:tu:

Just having the exact same thought!

Good luck to all of you, doesn't sound like much fun!

Dont let me put you off mate. The good times outway the (not bad) rough times.

adopted scouser Posted Today, 13:35

QUOTE(Cocker @ Dec 30 2007, 13:25 )

Got it on my phone. Haven't got a clue how to 'host' pictures on t'internet - pm me your mobile and I'll text them to you.

Cheers will do

Get a new Au Pair. That would be my advice.

Yes, a major benefit when you have kids is to have your choice of vulnerable and compliant young women to have fun with behind the Mrs back.

I am through my second one, and the mrs knows fok all about either of them.

ref: those pictures I sent you, How much do the bricks cost ?

cn174 Posted Yesterday, 22:34

QUOTE(adopted scouser @ Dec 30 2007, 21:56 )

ref: those pictures I sent you, How much do the bricks cost ?

They're from £40 upwards

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Wal...,,10303,00.html

What she said :rolleyes:

On the second pic you sent there only seems to be two sets of bricks? This cant be right can it? Surly more Rovers fans would have snapped these up?

I don't think it ever gets better,

Oh it does, most definetley. Just wait till your 21 / 22 year old son or daughter comes home and you discover the amazing young person you helped to develop. Mind you along the way it's tough, usually heavily compensated for by the good times........if you think teething is hard wait till you have a 15-17 year old on your hands! :wacko:

RoversMum,

Go for it, enjoy it. It may be a bit of a "Billy Elliot" moment but you need to enjoy it to the full.

The rest of us are filling in forms, stacking shelves, selling double glazing, or doing something boring just to pay the mortgage.

If you've got a genius in the family just go with it and enjoy yourself.

Good luck to Natasha.

• 4 months later...

Well reading back through this thread has me a little concerned...as my girlfriend and I our now officially expecting a baby sometime in November! I'm 41 and and never had any kids, so first time for me but she has a four year old girl. All advice gratefully accepted, feel better for sharing now!

Well reading back through this thread has me a little concerned...as my girlfriend and I our now officially expecting a baby sometime in November! I'm 41 and and never had any kids, so first time for me but she has a four year old girl. All advice gratefully accepted, feel better for sharing now!

Congatulations, another Rover on the way.

As for advise:-

Try and ensure your gf breast feeds little oz, this ensures you sleep.

Bottle feeding means no sleep, as you will be tasked with night duties.

Congratulations. It is essential that you pamper Mrs Oz. Lots of tlc and spoiling; breakfast in bed, carry the shopping, make her tea/coffee as required, and cater to her every whim and need. ;)

Oz - have a look at your local NCT branch, especially for second hand stuff for new borns, you'll make a killing on almost brand new stuff that people buy and then seem surprised when the little tyke grows out of it within months.

we got a £250 Mothercare cot for £50 which meant we could spend the money saved on a really good mattress.

Baby Gap socks are well recommended as they dont fall off (according to our friends who have just had a baby).

The best bit is going to look for the pram/travel system its like going car shopping but there's more gadgets.

Try and ensure your gf breast feeds little oz, this ensures you sleep.

Bottle feeding means no sleep, as you will be tasked with night duties.

If your young lady is smart she'll express milk and you'll still get the bottle feeds at 3.00am

First child is the hardest as you are learning all the time. As your girl friend already has kids listen to her experience.......she will know, as do all experienced parents, kids bounce when you drop them. In other words these little people are tough, they need lots of love and help but are also very resilient so don't worry about every little thing that happens.

The lack of sleep for the parents is the hardest bit. Grab what you can, when you can and be sure to share it around.

Archived