BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club "shop"

Because I could'nt find the original thread on the shop.....

I ordered a training jumper in size M from the online shop on Monday (as they did'nt have anything in the actual place at Ewood), and sure enough my card was promptly charged and I got a confirmation email etc....

Today I recieved an email saying that I was'nt going to get my order as they did'nt have any! My money will be refunded "shortly". Surely the wrong way round? Why advertise the bloody thing if it's not in stock! Just adds to the shambles that is :angry:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thankfully the club is sick of this "clubshop" as well, and they are apparently trying everything they can (in court atm after what I've heard) to get out of the contract with Sports World.

That's great news. If the online store is any indication to what the club shop is I'd be sueing to get out as well...

Thankfully the club is sick of this "clubshop" as well, and they are apparently trying everything they can (in court atm after what I've heard) to get out of the contract with Sports World.

Hope it goes through, i'm sick and tired of the clubshop, on some matchdays there are more Away fans in there than Rovers!!!

I for one am VERY happy to hear this! When i went to the shop on my visit last month (when they played and sadly lost to villa at home :( ) I walked in and was and wondered where all the "good" rovers stuff was. I mean there were mabye 2-3 racks of home and away kits and one with the keeper kit (which i was looking forward to as i play keeper). Other then that there wasnt anything all that breath taking about it. Over all the store was a sad site.

I also have to say that of the other shops that i visited (and i did visit about 9-10 of them) Ours was worst off in the amount and qualty of club merchendise. Again VERYYYYY HAPPY to hear this. Hope they win and get the club shop back to what ive heard was a damn good one back in the day.

• 5 weeks later...

:):):)

Oh joy oh joy! I e-mailed JW's PA a few months ago about the shambles of the online store and hadn't heard anything since then, she probably has a "Rovers Store Complaints" Inbox that she just doesn't read...or is being used in court right now to prove what a joke the store has been for the last few years.

is it just me or is everybody else bewildered about the lack of information regarding our new home strip for 2007/08 season?

although admittedly 3 weeks have passed since i was at ewood. on that occasion i was in the club shop when i asked at `customer services` (now stop that laughing!) when our new home strip was being released to which the reply was "i don`t know maybe end of july beginning of august".my next question was "will the strip be used for 12 months or 2 years?" to which the reply again was "i don`t know" (i swear to god if she had a computer i am sure she would have said "computer says no" a la little britain).

if rovers really want to get fans back in the mood for supporting the rovers,they should be shouting from the rooftops and promoting their merchandise, instead of some clueless no-brainer who couldn`t careless saying "i don`t know" and not having a clue when their sponsored shirt was being launched.

anybody any info on release dates or shirt lifespan??

Hey Bacup Blue. I can assure you that your views on the club shop are shared by a huge section of our fans.

However, there is another topic open on this subject that many have contributed to. I'm sure a mod will eventually merge the topics, but until then, maybe you'd like scrolling down and reading posters views posted there? Many of us have had bad experiences with the so called "club shop."

We were told at the Fans Forum last night of the date on which both the home and away kit will be released and the club will issue an official press release as soon as they are able once certain legalities have been complied with.

As for the shop, I know it's frustrating for everyone but the club are fully aware of everyone's dissatisfaction, share those concerns, and really are doing all they possibly can to resolve the situation and again I'm sure they will keep everyone updated as soon as they are able.

is it before the start of this season?

Or next?

;)

sums it up flopsy. i (like all rovers fans i guess) take great pleasure in wearing my rovers top with pride when i go on holiday abroad (1st item in the suitcase!) and get cheesed off when i am having to take my battle hardened top from the season just ended (thankfully the sponsors logo hasn`t fell off this time!),because lonsdale can`t get their act together.

incidentally when was the last time we had a shirt running for 2 years rather than 1? i am struggling to remember!

Archived