BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £115,000 A Week 'not Enough'

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting bit about Abramovich "may not be there" at Wembley. Can anyone imagine Uncle Jack not being there if Rovers had been ManYoo's opponents today at Wembley? What a difference!! Jack was an absolutely unique, true Rovers fan and we will all miss him for the rest of our days.

Totally pathetic. The reason football is going down the drain and the reason our ticket prices are heading up and up. These players dont live in our world do they, how detached have they become? :angry:

Pathetic, greedy little twerps. For £115,000 p/w, I'd expect them to find a cure for AIDS and develop Cold Fusion technology as well as being top notch players. Francesca Lampard is proving to be one of the biggest handbag wavers in England with his hissy fits over being dropped for England, Joey Barton's dig about 'writing' books etc. And John Terry has lost his sparkle as well. He used to be seen as an honest, talented defender, and now he's a greedy diving moaner like the rest of these overpaid twits.

You can see the point they have in that Ballack and Shevchenko have been poorer players this season than either of them and are paid more. Abramovich has got himself into this position.

Its the players right to demand what they are worth ultimately. If they didn't take the cash then the owners would just pocket it.

THe money in the game is absolutely daft, but it is all to do with the silly money fans and TV stations are willing to put in. THe only thing that will reduce player wages is if peope start to put less money in. As they essentially the instruments of the business they are going to take the majority of the cash.

ps. From Abramovich's particular point of view he could just turn around and buy two new players on smaller wages. But with transfer fees would that actually be any cheaper? And the fans wouldhate him for it...

I agree that footballers are very greedy, however it's all relative. Sheva and Ballack are earning more and done precicely nothing all season, whereas the 2 players being vilifiled here are the heartbeat the of their club and are the most important players they have.

To put it another way, if you're the top person at your job in your company and someone comes in who earns more, you're gonna want a bit of parity aren't you!?

That's life, get over it!

I agree that footballers are very greedy, however it's all relative. Sheva and Ballack are earning more and done precicely nothing all season, whereas the 2 players being vilifiled here are the heartbeat the of their club and are the most important players they have.

To put it another way, if you're the top person at your job in your company and someone comes in who earns more, you're gonna want a bit of parity aren't you!?

That's life, get over it!

It doesn't really work like that when we're talking the money we're talking here, and for the type of work they do. To actually turn down that much because its not enough is astonishing. It shows a total lack of perspective and if they are trying to put this down to principles they really are full of it. It's nothing but greed. Someone have actually offered them 115K a week...a WEEK!!...to play a game. It's just football. We all enjoy it, it's entertainment but it means nothing. Their work means nothing in the greater scheme of things and they are already taking more money then they are worth and yet they ask for more?

Sickening...

It has nothing to do with the amount of money and everything to do with the relative earning versus peers. Manc is exactly right. It isn't that they are making that much it is that their employer doesn't think they are as worthy as 2 inferior players.

It has everthing to do with the fact that NO footballer is worth £115,000 a week but yet the greed shamlessly continues unabated.Yes,you cant blame the players for taking the silly coin (who wouldn't?) but to demand more like spoilt children, to me personally, is sickening.

6 MILLION A YEAR.

Parity with "lesser players" is a lame excuse for a number of reasons.

Number 1, in most private companies new employees tend to earn more than existing employees. It is a fact of life for most people that to get a decent payrise you need to move on, especially if you've been somewhere for a long time. They need to get a real sense of perspective about the privileged life they leave

Number 2, Ballack and Shevchenko have had poor seasons, as many foreign imports do in their first season (example - Henry and Drogba both couldn't hit a cow's @rse with a banjo in their first years). However, their records easily exceed those of Lampard and Terry - who are generally built up to be better thjan they are, especially by our media who seem to love them. Ballack, for example, has 4 Bundesliga championships to his name, a World Player of the Year and 35 goals from 77 international appearances. Shevchenko has Serie A and Champions League medals to his name, European Player of the Year and 33 goals from 73 international appearances. He is also the 2nd highest goal-scorer in European club competitions. They both have a pedigree in Europe that Lampard and Terry patently do not have which is the probable reason they were bought by Chelsea.

Frankly, if cry-baby Terry and fat Frank think they can better £115k per week elsewhere then good luck to them trying

If I were a footballer, I wouldn't, for one second, take for granted that I was earning money for what I love to do, that I was extremely fit and healthy and that I, and my family, were happy where we were., all of which are the case with Lampard and Terry. I would play for Chelsea for 2k a week. Naturally, I would want parity with the top earners if I were a top player, but I wouldn't act like a spilt child about being paid 6k under the 121k top earners.

Then again, I am a decent person, brought up with real values and not driven by disgusting greed.

If you are demanding 120k+ a week, then how about you earn it by playing like you give a ###### in an FA Cup final!

It has nothing to do with the amount of money and everything to do with the relative earning versus peers. Manc is exactly right. It isn't that they are making that much it is that their employer doesn't think they are as worthy as 2 inferior players.

Have to agree on Shev with this, it is totally normal to want to be paid as much as your fellow workers, but it reaches a point where you have to realise you are getting enough and are lucky enough so don't complain. What are they even going to do with that extra 5k a week? Probably nothing.

Many would be over the moon at £1,500 a week!

Worth every penny them lads after todays 'stirling' cup final effort :unsure:

i get roughly £1,500 a month!

i would of played for free as i'm sure many would do in saturdays fa cup final and put in more effort than some of those overpaid *****.

No, it's sheer greed.

They are already earning so much that they needn't worry about money ever again. At that point, you should surely stop worrying about whether others are earning more than you.

Well they aren't, Terry and Lampard have never played better then when they have at the Russian part of London under the speaceail one, Ballack and Sheva are proven world class players without the assistance of Mourinho.

Terry and Lampard should be thanking their lucky stars they are at Chelsea because they certainly wouldn't get what they get now anywhere else.

Pretty much what Rover da 'ill said

Indeed the professional players make a whole lot of money these days. But when you are among the stars of the most popular sport in the world I guess you "deserve" it. Comparing the wages of the footballers to your own is just plain silly in my opinion...

Well they aren't, Terry and Lampard have never played better then when they have at the Russian part of London under the speaceail one, Ballack and Sheva are proven world class players without the assistance of Mourinho.

Terry and Lampard should be thanking their lucky stars they are at Chelsea because they certainly wouldn't get what they get now anywhere else.

Pretty much what Rover da 'ill said

That isn't quite true. Both Terry and Lampard were established players before Mourinho arrived, it isn't their fault that they have stayed at Chelsea and haven't had the chance to prove themeslves elswhere (at least since Lampard joined from West Ham). On the basis of this season they are most certainly the two of the four most important players to Chelsea (the other two being Cech and Drogba), whereas the team would have probably achieved just as much without either Ballack or Shevchenko (one might even argue that had Terry been fit all season then Chelsea would have avoided their mid-season lapse and might well have won the title).

Terry & Lampard are not worth £115k a week each! They are not irreplaceable. I wouldnt even rate them in the best 10 players in the league.

Just out of interest, anyone know what Drogba or Cech earns? Because both are far more important to them!

Archived