BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hotspot and Lancs to win the Championship?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that Lancs are now top of the County Championship table with one game to go at the Oval next week, which would see them outright champions for the first time since 1934, which would be fantastic considering the weather has foiled us a few times in the last few years

If the game is going our way might pop down and join in the celebrations one evening next week...

Keep the red rose flying high

I'm already feeling sick with worry. I didn't realise we would go top tonight, before I went on holiday a few weeks ago I was worried about relegation! I can honestly say I would cry with joy if Lancashire were to win the championship.

After following them since I was in short trousers I admitt it would be quite an event!

I see that Lancs are now top of the County Championship table with one game to go at the Oval next week, which would see them outright champions for the first time since 1934, which would be fantastic considering the weather has foiled us a few times in the last few years

Not only in the past few years, but in the 1950s too. Lancashire and Surrey were the two outstanding teams back then and Lancashire would have won the title many times but for the weather.

Good luck Lancy, could be this year that our various Pakistanis/Indians/etc are better than those playing for Sussex ?

I thought England's bowling against Zimbabwe was very loose and it wasn't good enough against the Aussies. We get a good attack together in 2005 and it lasts one summer, the Aussies' lasts for years.

BTW anyone recognise the fan in the Rovers shirt in the crowd at the Zimbabwe match?

:brfc:

Just so you know, Durham have won today and Sussex look like they will win by lunch tomorrow, whilst Lanky have sp0nked away the points at The Oval. Very very very disappointed to say the least. What a bad week.

Still, I'm going to a sportmans dinner tonight for White Coppice CC and Jan Molby is the guest speaker. Every silver cloud...

I know he's old and he never really did it for England, but you have to say that on the basis of this season Ramps deserves his place in an England squad. He's always been very good at county level, but he's been simply outstanding this year. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him given a place if one of the top order is injured.

Archived