BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hotspot and Lancs to win the Championship?

More detail on to why LCCC did not secure an Ashes test next summer can be found here. Basically the committee did not feel the likely supporters would tolerate the excessive ticket prices a high (and successful) bid for a test would inevitably mean. Old Trafford needs improving if it is to keep up with Lords, The Oval etc, so there is some logic here, but it appears that the ECB are more money orientated now than tradition based-bit like footy really.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
never full?

for test matches?

Aye, whatever.

This is the reason Old Trafford lost it's A grade test status, whether you believe me or not. And whilst it may look like the ECB are ignoring the North West, they are taking Test matches to Wales and the North East instead.

This is the reason Old Trafford lost it's A grade test status, whether you believe me or not. And whilst it may look like the ECB are ignoring the North West, they are taking Test matches to Wales and the North East instead.

That's fair enough. They should take Tests away from London though.

Why? Two of the best grounds. Always sold out.

never heard of tradition or do you just argue with everyone just for the hell of it....

YOU CANT BEAT A DAY AT A TEST AT MANCHESTER .....ITS A GOOD DAY WHETHER ON THE LASH OR NOT!!!!

ENGLAND EXISTS FURTHER THAN THE M25 EDDIE AND 2 TESTS IN LONDON SOMETIMES 3 OR 4 SUCK

I think what Abbey's trying to shout is that in a 4 or 5 match series, why should London get two tests?

I think the more pertinent question should be, why should Lords always get one?

Am I close Abbster?

Ultimately it is because Lords is the home of cricket, we might not like it but that is the case. It would be like England not playing football at Wembley. The Oval is a huge venue and has outstanding facilities so as much as it annoys me I can see why London gets two tests. What I don't understand id the argument that OT doesn't sell out, I know it has sold out nearly every day that i'm aware of in recent years.

Ultimately it is because Lords is the home of cricket, we might not like it but that is the case. It would be like England not playing football at Wembley. The Oval is a huge venue and has outstanding facilities so as much as it annoys me I can see why London gets two tests. What I don't understand id the argument that OT doesn't sell out, I know it has sold out nearly every day that i'm aware of in recent years.

Home of cricket is it?

That's the reason that the Open is played at St. Andrews every year is it? No it is played all over the country including Lytham and Southport. That's the way test matches should be played.

Home of cricket is it?

That's the reason that the Open is played at St. Andrews every year is it? No it is played all over the country including Lytham and Southport. That's the way test matches should be played.

Eh? What has Golf got to do with it, St Andrews isn;t the home of golf anyway. Wimbledon? Twickenham if we're bringing other sports into it. You're entitled to an opinion and in fact test matches are played all over, however the fact remains that Lords is the home of cricket, that's not my opinion, it just is.

I am under the impression its because Lancashire CCC wouldnt pay enough money to the authorities. At least that is what LCCC say.

Why shouldn't London get a test match in a series? It is the largest city in England, and has two great grounds to play in. Sounds like inverted snobbery from the whippet brigade to me. I've only been to Headingley and thats a good day out.

snobbery??

far from it is just us Lancastrians a fair crack of the whip ,so what if LONDON is big why does it deserve 3 test matches in a summer....is manchester not a big city on your theory it would be manchester and brum only.

BILLY PEOPLE ARE ALIVE NORTH OF THE M25....ITS NOT SNOBBERY ITS A SOUTHERN BIAS

London should get at least one test a summer Abbey. Perhaps 2 if there is an especially busy summer. I don't know what the deal is with Old Trafford, but I am sick of whining northerners/Welsh spitting on anyone sourthern/from London. Whenever a northerner loses out to a southerner in anything, the old chesnut of southern bias comes out regardless of any mitigating factors. All the bitching about those within the M25 is frankly pathetic and parochial. I am aware of the world outside the M25 as I have spent almost my entire life here, and the tests should indeed be spread about the country, but 1 a summer should be in London, as there are two excellent grounds there.

Perhaps you'd like some mushy peas with that bag of chips on your shoulder Abbey. Just make sure you don't get any on your flat cap or your whippet. Of course, all those in the Circle of Evil will be plotting to oppress t'workers oop north with plans that involve bribery and lots of moustache twiddling :rolleyes:.

London should get at least one test a summer Abbey. Perhaps 2 if there is an especially busy summer.

I quite agree.

Perhaps then on an average summer they may stop being given 3, or 4 in an incredibly busy summer.....

London should get at least one test a summer Abbey. Perhaps 2 if there is an especially busy summer. I don't know what the deal is with Old Trafford, but I am sick of whining northerners/Welsh spitting on anyone sourthern/from London. Whenever a northerner loses out to a southerner in anything, the old chesnut of southern bias comes out regardless of any mitigating factors. All the bitching about those within the M25 is frankly pathetic and parochial. I am aware of the world outside the M25 as I have spent almost my entire life here, and the tests should indeed be spread about the country, but 1 a summer should be in London, as there are two excellent grounds there.

Perhaps you'd like some mushy peas with that bag of chips on your shoulder Abbey. Just make sure you don't get any on your flat cap or your whippet. Of course, all those in the Circle of Evil will be plotting to oppress t'workers oop north with plans that involve bribery and lots of moustache twiddling :rolleyes:.

aye and you dont have a gripe with us up north do you ,esecially your sig.Why have i a chip on my shoulder ,ive never said london shouldnt get tests just not 3 or 4 in a summer.

WHY BE A ROVER IF YOU HATE US NORTHERNERS ??

Archived